Chapter Four: Nightmares

The Adorable Adventures of Lee Tae Min ~

Kibum loved Cinderella. He loved any Disney [Princess] movies in general. The plot-line was sometimes extremely cliche` and the endings were always the perfect one, but he still loved them. It was the warm feel they gave off. He felt Taemin snuggling up next to him, and Jonghyun's arms around his shoulder, and smiled.

"My clothes were like that..." Taemin whispered as he watched Cinderella slave away at her chores.

"I had to do that..." he kept whispering little things, his smile beginning to fade.

"Taemin, honey, are you okay?" Kibum asked, noticing his son's sudden mood change.

"I think so."

"What do you mean?"

"I had to go through all the same things Cinderella did. I was just remembering them." Taemin said, holding onto Kibum's shirt a bit tighter than before.

"Is it too much for you? Should we stop watching?" Jonghyun had to ask, for Taemin's sake.

"No, it's okay. I'm okay now. I didn't want to lie and cover it up." Taemin said, relaxing a bit.

They became to watch the movie in silence. Kibum tried to imagine Taemin living his life like this. It was almost to much to imagine.

'He must have suffered terribly. Taemin... You're such a strong kid...' Kibum was so lost in thought, he didn't even realize that the movie was coming to an end. Cinderella had been found by the prince, and defeated the evil step-mother and her rotten step-sisters too.

"Is it a happy ending?" Taemin asked as she rode away with her Prince Charming.

"Yes. She defeated the evil step-mother and step-sisters, found her true love, Prince Charming, and got married, to live happily ever after!" Jonghyun said, skimming his fingers through Taemin's hair.

"Can that happen to me too?" Taemin looked at both his Umma and Appa.

"Of course. You have already won half the battle. You beat your evil parents, now all you have to do is find your Prince or Princess." Kibum told him.

"A boy and boy can be together?"

"Yes. Umma and Appa are both boys, and we got married." Jonghyun told him.

"Can a boy and a girl get married?"

"Yes, and so can a girl and a girl." Kibum added.

"So, anyone can be with anyone?"

"Of course. Whoever you love, you can't help it. I just pray you will pick a good person to spend the rest of your life with." Kibum told him, saddened by the thought that one day, he will have to let Taemin go. He shook that thought out of his mind, and focused on Taemin. He saw the boy beginning to drift off, and motioned Jonghyun to shut off the television then come to bed. Kibum picked up the seven year old, bringing him to their bedroom. He cooed Taemin awake ever so slightly, and undressed him. He replaced Taemin's daytime clothes with his new pajamas, and laid him down on the soft mattress.

"Go to sleep, Minnie. Don't worry. I'll be right in the next room for a minute. I need to finish up cleaning with Appa. We'll be in soon, so just sleep." Kibum cooed his son back into a deep sleep. After Taemin's breathing became calm and even, and his eyelashes fluttered with dreams on the inside, Kibum smiled, unwillingly leaving the boy.

Kibum and Jonghyun have been cleaning, folding, goofing around, eating, and more little couple things before they were interrupted by Taemin's high-pitched scream filled the apartment.

"Taemin!" Kibum and Jonghyun both cried in unison, running to the bedroom, Kibum pushing the door open with haste. Taemin was sitting upright, breathing heavily. Beads of sweat across his forehead. His hair was disheveled, the same with his clothes. The sheets had been kicked on the mattress much earlier, and Taemin was shaking, either from fear or the cold he was feeling, maybe both.

"Taemin, what's wrong?" Kibum breathed, barely able to speak as he ran to his son, embracing him tightly like he always does. Jonghyun followed him, sitting to hold both of them in comfort. He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, but chose to ignore it. Whoever it was could wait. Taemin tried to speak, but all that came out where warm tears in his eyes, and he wasn't even trying to hold back.

"Taemin-ah! Please, tell me what's wrong!" Kibum had small tears running down his cheeks as well now. He couldn't take seeing his son in pain. He felt like his heart was being violently ripped from his chest, sharp claws draining all the warmth from it. He had only felt this one time before, and never thought anything could make him feel it again. The number of tears grew as Taemin just sobbed into Kibum's over-sized T-shirt. Jonghyun looked away for only a second, gulping down any words he may have had stuck in his throat. Taemin continued to sob, Kibum's tears dripped onto his chocolate colored hair, and Jonghyun could do nothing but hold them tight.

"Umma... Appa..." Taemin whispered between sobs.

"It's okay, Minnie. It's okay. No one is here to hurt you. You're okay. Please, Taemin, story crying. My heart is breaking at the sight of you like this. I can barely take it!" Kibum pleaded with him, trying to get some control on Taemin's tears.

"Umma... Nightmare..." was all Taemin could mutter as he began to breath slowly, composing himself a bit. Kibum had calmed himself as well, with the help of Jonghyun who was massaging Kibum's back gently.

"Was it...?" Jonghyun asked Taemin when he looked ready to talk.

"He hit me again, but this time... Umma and Appa were there, and he hit you too... He hit you with something weird... It looked like this..." Taemin said, feeling better in Kibum's now looser grip. He formed a gun shape with his fingers, and Jonghyun stared at Kibum with wide eyes.

"It was just a nightmare, Minnie. Umma and Appa will stay in here. We won't leave you alone anymore. I'm sorry we didn't finish quicker. Just snuggle up, and sleep. If you have another one, we'll be right here." Kibum said, laying on the bed next to Taemin.

"Please don't leave." Taemin mumbled into Kibum's chest as he huddled close.

"Never again." Kibum whispered back as Jonghyun was about to join them. He stopped when he felt his phone vibrate for about the fifth time. He got fed up with all the messages and just decided to answer it. In a quieter voice, but still loud enough for the other person to hear him, he pressed the 'Talk' button and said hello.

"Hello? Is anyone there?"

"Jonghyun-ah! Jeez, took you long enough to answer. What were you doing that was so important?"

"Haejin? Why are you calling me? We broke up like, five years ago!"

"So? Can't we still be friends? We were friends since childhood. I didn't even sleep with you. It wasn't that serious."

"We dated for three years straight without one breakup in between. That's not serious to you? What do you want? I'm kind of busy."

"With who? Do you have a date with someone? Who is she? Did you sleep with her yet?"

"Do you remember the reason why we ended it, Haejin-sshi?"

"What's with the Haejin-sshi? We're super close! Drop the honorifics! Anyway, I don't remember, now that you mention it. Why did we?"

"I'm gay, remember? I left you for the person I liked more than you. Kim Kibum, remember him?"

"Oh right, that loser. Did you dump him yet, or what?"

"No I didn't breakup with him. I married him two years ago, and we have adopted a kid together."

"No. Way. You leave me for that, then that punk s a ring on your finger?"

I proposed to him. If you want to edit your previous sentence, I s a ring on his finger."

"Oh, well, whatever. I can't win you back if you like things i don't have. Anyway, I wanted to tell you that I'll be coming to our highschool reunion next Sunday, and I wanted to know if you're coming too."

"Next Sunday? I didn't even know we were having a renunion. I'll talk to Kibum, and we'll see. It'll be tough because we have work, and a seven year old to take care of."

"You should bring them! I would love to meet him! If he's your kid, adopted or not, he'll be super sweet! I just know it!"

"I hated you for years after we broke up... I can't even remember why..."

"I think you might've because you still thought of me as a romantic partner only, not a friend. Now you are thinking of me as more of a friend, and we are going back to the old times. I really want to have a good friendship with you, and no Jonghyun-ah, no 'friends with benifits' thing. Hehe."

"We'll talk later, okay? I have to go, Kibum's getting annoyed and Taemin can't sleep. I'll call tomorrow afternoon with the whole renunion thing answer."

"I have to go too. Taejung is calling me for dinner. You remember Taejung, right? My older brother. He just completed his military service, and he's treating me since he couldn't see me whenever I visited. I'll be waiting for your call, Jonghyun-ah! Bye-- I'm coming, Oppa! Hold on! Bye, Jonghyun-ah!"

He hung up, and smiled faintly. It was nice to talk to Haejin after all this time. He realized how long the time has been. Taejung was so young the last time Jonghyun had seen him, and now he was a man finished with his military service. It's amazing how much things change. I mean, look at Jonghyun. He confessed his uality, married the love of this life, and has a child now. That's pretty spectacular.

"Jongie, come on. Who was it?" Kibum whined, although he tried not to disturb Taemin too much.

"Haejin-sshi. It's been five years, can you believe it?"

"Haejin-sshi...? Oh, you mean your ex-girlfriend before me?" Kibum asked, sitting up a bit, but still held the drifting Taemin in his arms.

"Yeah. She told me that there is a highschool reunion next Sunday, and she wants me to bring you and Taemin."

"Really? Well, let's talk about it tomorrow. It's been a long day for all of us." Kibum said as Jonghyun slipped under the covers with him.

"Of course. Night, babe." Jonghyun said, kissing Kibum's cheek as he began to fade as well. Kibum was right. Today has been an extremely stressful, yet fun day. He knows things will be tough. Taemin will need time to adjust to to Seoul before he can go to school, or anything. Jonghyun just forced those thoughts away, and thought of sweet sleep before falling into it just like the other two.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry this chapter is so short. I have plans for the next couple of chapters, that's why. I want going to make Haejin's phone call really dramatic, but I decided not too. I also decided not to make everyone hate her. I made her really sweet and and stuff. Again, sorry this chapter is really short. I read it over, and wanted to add more, but I have to add it in another chapter. ;/ I might update again after this, I have no idea. I hope you are all enjoying this story, and once again, thank you to all my new and old subscribers. I love all of you.

Also, I have a question. Should I make a bonus chapter before chapter five with the story of Taemin's nightmare? I think I should, but I want to know what you think! Please answer! Thanks again! :)