Chapter Three: Flower Boy Shopping Mall

The Adorable Adventures of Lee Tae Min ~

They arrived at one of Kibum's favorite places about forty-five minutes after they set off from the apartment.

"Yes! Jonghyun, you know exactly were to go!" Kibum squealed excitedly.

"Where are we, Appa?" Taemin asked, staring at Kibum with a confused expression.

"The Flower Boy Shopping Mall. It's Umma's favorite place to go and shop." Jonghyun answered.

"What can we get here?"

"Any and everything!" Kibum said, his hands fumbling to unbuckle the seatbelt once Jonghyun the car was parked and the engine was turned off.

"Okay, let's-- Hey, Jongie, the door's locked!" Kibum said, struggling with the handle that wouldn't open the car door.

"I know. I locked it." Jonghyun said, turning to face both Taemin and Kibum.

"Why?" Kibum whined.

"Because, we have a son now. You can't just run off and shop for yourself. You can do that later, after we get the stuff we need for Taemin. Understand me, Kibummie?" Jonghyun told him in a stern, but still caring voice.

"Yes, Jonghyun-ah. You're right, again. I need to focus on Taemin, and not-- Oh. My. Gosh. Is that the newest fall line?"

"Kibum!"

"Sorry, sorry. Focus. Taemin, want to go shopping?"

"Yeah!" Taemin tried to copy how Kibum unbuckled himself, but couldn't figure out how he did it.

"Here, let me do it for you." Kibum told him, pressing the button to unlock the belt. Taemin looked at Jonghyun, who realized the doors were still locked. He unlocked the doors, and Taemin crawled out, jumping onto the pavement.

"Careful, Taemin. I don't want you to hurt yourself!" Kibum rushed to Taemin, taking his hand. "Stay close, okay? It's dangerous out here." Taemin nodded with understanding, and then reached for Jonghyun's hand.

"What are you doing, Minnie?" Jonghyun asked, not in a complaining way, but a curious way.

"Umma said it dangerous out here, so I take your hand for safety too." Taemin said, holding on to both hands tightly. Kibum looked at Jonghyun, and then bit his bottom lip to keep from smiling too much. That was, by far, the cutest thing he had ever seen.

They went window shopping, bought some essentials like a car seat, and such, and eventually, Jonghyun eyed his watch.

"Want to go get some lunch? It's already 12:30 PM." Jonghyun informed the other two.

"Already? Wow. Minnie, want some lunch?"

"Yes, please!" Taemin answered, rubbing his stomach.

They ordered their meals at an outdoor food court, and sat a table with complete shade because of a very nicely placed umbrella. Kibum and Jonghyun had their intertwined hands laying on the table, and Taemin was looking at some flowers a couple feet away.

"Don't go far, Minnie!" Kibum called out, continuing to watch Taemin with watchful eyes. He rushed to his feet once he saw a boy, about Taemin's ago, shove him, knocking Taemin to the ground.

"Taemin! Ya! Keep watch of your own kid!" Kibum shouted at the parents of the kid. He was at Taemin's side within seconds. He was shaking.

"Taemin, honey, it's okay. Don't be scared. Jonghyun-ah! Deal with them!"

"Already on it!" Jonghyun called back to his husband as he was walking towards the couple.

"Ya. What do you think you're doing, letting your kid do that to mine?" Jonghyun said, an angry air around him.

"What? Your kid can't handle a little shove? Well, I guess with two little gay pansies as parents, he wouldn't know how to fight." the man, who Jonghyun figured was the father, said, laughing with his wife.

"Why you little--"

"Jonghyun, no violence!" Kibum kept watch of Jonghyun as he held Taemin close, helping him calm down.

"My husband and I being gay has nothing to do with it. My son was abused by his biological parents. Beaten with fists and bottles. They just up and left him, leaving him to fend for himself. You think he's too much of a pansy to deal with a little push and shove. He's not. He has never been shown kindness until we found him. He's lived in the countryside his whole life, and knows nothing of Seoul. So, don't you dare, even for a second, think he's weak. He will always be stronger than you, your wife, and your son. Now, get out of my sight. You punks digust me." Jonghyun shouted at them. not calming down until the very end.

"How dare you call us 'punks'! I can report you to the police!" the wife said, finally speaking up.

"You're right. You aren't a punk. You're a filthy wench. Good day to you." Jonghyun snarled at her, his sarcastic comebacks returning as he walked off from the group of three.

"That's my Jonghyun-ah!" Kibum praised him, motioning him back over to the table, their meals waiting for them.

"How's Minnie?"

"Better. He told me that his father used to do that to him when he spoke out of line. That one week must have been hell for him." Kibum spoke quietly as they watch Taemin begin to eat his first slice of pizza.

"Well, we just have to keep him closer to us when he go out places, you know, until he's comfortable." Jonghyun offered.

"Definitely. Just until he can handle the population and the attitude of Seoul." Kibum said, sighing lightly.

"How can people be so mean? I mean, look at him. How could anyone want to harm him?" Kibum said, his usual smile nowhere to be found on his face. Taemin looked up from his pizza, sauce on his chin and around his lips.

"Umma, don't be sad. I don't likes you being sad. Not Appa either!" Taemin ordered them, flashing them a big smile, pizza sauce covering the majority of it. Kibum found his smile again, and moved his seat closer to Taemin.

"Minnie, you have sauce all over your face. You're a mess." Kibum told his son, Taemin's pretty smile making his heart flutter. He picked up a napkin from the small pile, and gently wiped the sauce away. He saw a tiny drop of it on Taemin's nose and let out a small laugh. He wiped that off too, and kissed Taemin's forehead.

"There, all clean." Kibum said, satisfied. Taemin was about to say something before his eye caught something about a couple yards away from them. It was a movie store.

"Whoa... What's that?" Taemin asked, amazed. He pointed to the store, trying to get a better look at it.

"That's a video store. It sells movies and DVDs." Jonghyun told him, looking over his shoulder at the store.

"After we finish eating, would you like to go check it out, Minnie?" Kibum suggested.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" Taemin was extremely energized now, eating his food quickly, but still listening to Kibum, and eating slowly, so that he wouldn't get indigestion. Kibum and Jonghyun finished their meals fast too, so Taemin wouldn't have to wait, and as they were throwing out their trash, Taemin couldn't take his eyes off the movie store.

"Ready, Minnie?" Jonghyun didn't even get an answer out of him, Taemin just pulled them both towards the store. Kibum grinned. He loved seeing his son so happy like this.

'He's our son. We have a son. Oh, I could say that all day.' Kibum thought to himself as they hurried to the store.

"Same here, Kibum." Jonghyun said, smirking at his husband.

"Wha... Can you read minds too?" Kibum asked Jonghyun.

"No. I just saw you staring at Taemin, and knew exactly what you where thinking. It's kind of obvious if you think about it because I've been thinking the same thing as well. Ever since this morning when I saw him snuggling up against you." Jonghyun admitted.

"We really are made for each other, aren't we?" Kibum said, laughing.

"Completely made for each other. I mean, you else could put up with us except for each other? No one else could deal with your shopping addiction, and no one else can put up with short temper."

"It's sad, but true." Kibum said, embarrassed. 

"Umma! Appa! What are you doing? Let's go!" Taemin whined. Kibum and Jonghyun fell back into reality, and entered the store with Taemin. They watched him roam the different sections, Romance, Mystery, Adventure, Action, Fantasy, until he stopped in front of one DVD.

"Did you find one that you like, Minnie?" Jonghyun asked, walking over to Taemin with Kibum in hand.

"What's this say?" Taemin asked, looking at the English written in big letters on the cover.

"That says 'Cinderella', Minnie. Would you like that one?" Kibum told him.

"Yeah! I want Cinderella!" Taemin

said excitedly.  "Have you ever seen Cinderella, Jonghyun-ah?" Kibum asked his husband as the clerk rung up the movie. 

"Yeah, my parents made me watch it with my sister when she was little. Have you?" 

"You think I haven't? I've seen them all! The Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Snow White, Pocahontas, Mulan--" 

" I think I get the point." Jonghyun cut him off because he knew that Kibum could go all day talking about something like this. 

"That'll be 15.99, sir." the clerk said, handing Taemin the movie with a smile. Kibum handed the due amount to the clerk, and took Taemin's hand. 

"Are you happy, Minnie?" Kibum asked as they headed back to the car. 

"Totally!" Taemin was all smiles and giggles after he got the movie.

They reached the car and put everything in the trunk, besides the car seat they bought earlier that day. Jonghyun was smart enough to by the one that didn't need any assembling. He placed it in the back seat, and strapped in tight.

"Come here, Minnie. Let's try this out." Jonghyun said, waving Taemin over. Taemin handed Kibum his bag with the movie, and ran over to Jonghyun.

"Yes, Appa!" Taemin jumped into Jonghyun's arms, and was placed into the seat with ease. Jonghyun buckled him in, and looked pretty satsified with the result.

"Are you comfortable, Minnie?" Kibum asked, acting like the worried mother he is.

"Yup!"

"Okay, good. Umma going to sit up front with Appa. You'll be okay, right?"

"As long as I have Cinderella with me." Taemin said, reaching out greedily for the bag Kibum currently held. Kibum handed it over, and Taemin hugged it, obviously extremely excited to watch it.

"Let's go home Jonghyun-ah." Kibum said, climbing into the passenger seat of the car as Jonghyun got into the driver's seat again.

"Is that...?" Jonghyun asked, looking at the rearview mirror. He spotted the family of three that attacked Taemin earlier. They spotted Jonghyun and Kibum also, and the eyes went straight to looking at their feet. They were too embarrassed to even look at the couple. They hurried along to their car even quicker, avoiding them completely.

"I think they learned their lesson."

"Never mess with Kim Jonghyun's kid?"

"Never mess with anyone's kid, Jongie." Kibum laughed as Jonghyun started the engine and began to drive home.

***

"What time is it?" Jonghyun asked as they pulled into the apartment parking lot.

"6:49 PM. We have plenty of time to watch the movie and get Taemin to bed at a decent hour." Kibum told him as they exited the car. Jonghyun grabbed the things from the trunk, and Kibum got Taemin, who was asleep. He lazily opened his eyes, just to close them again. He snuggled his head into the crook of Kibum's neck, tickling the bare skin with his soft hair.

"He's precious, isn't he?" Kibum sighed happily. He knew having a kid would be nice, but he never imagined a feeling like this. The love that he felt for Taemin in such a short period of time was amazing. It took Kibum five years to fall in love with Jonghyun, but only a couple hours, maybe even a couple minutes, to completely fall in love with Taemin. It's a different kind of love though. He just wants to hold him, protect him, and spoil him. He wants the absolute best for him, and never wants to hurt him like his biological parents did. Jonghyun knew exactly how Kibum felt, and answered with a simple nod. He knew that nothing else needed to be said because it's all things they have already said or thought about millions times before.

"Umma? Can we watch movie now?" Taemin asked, his voice still groggy from just waking up, as they were in the elevator.

"As soon as we get all our things put away, we can."

"Can I help?" Taemin offered, more alert now.

"It's wonderful of you to ask, but we can handle it. You just go inside, sit on the couch, and get the movie ready. It'll only take us a minute." Kibum said leading Taemin to the door. "Here's the key. Just go inside, and we'll be right in."

"Okay!" Taemin had finally woken up, and was now becoming his bubbly self again. Kibum helped Jonghyun bring all the bags in, and set them down on the guest bed that will be Taemin's eventually.

"Are we all good?" Jonghyun asked once all the bags were safety placed on the bed.

"Yeah. Let's go get the movie ready. Taemin's probably getting impatient." Kibum said, about to leave the room, but Jonghyun grabbed his arm before he could. He gently pressed his lips against Kibum's and cupped his cheek. They moved their lips in slow unison for a couple seconds before gently breaking apart, satisfied with the surprise kiss.

"What a wonderful surprise." Kibum laughed, leaving the room with Jonghyun for real this time.

"Can we watch it now?" Taemin, like Kibum said, was beginning to get impatient.

"Let's watch Cinderella." Kibum said, clapping his hands together. Jonghyun took the DVD from Taemin, and set it up in the player. Kibum grabbed the remote, and once the screen showed the start menu, he let Taemin press play.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you everyone, once again! All the comments, subscriptions, and other things, make me feel great! Sorry to leave it at a cliffhanger (sort of), but the next chapter will show their movie watching experience, and who knows what else. This story is just getting started, and I'm not planning on stopping any time soon, so look forward to many more chapters to come! :)

***I do not own any of the movies mentioned in this chapter/story. All the movies belong to Walt Disney Studios. I own nothing. This is just for entertainment purposes only.***