Chapter Six: God Knows I Love You

The Adorable Adventures of Lee Tae Min ~

Taemin and Jonghyun happily joked and watched the news, until Kibum called for them from the kitchen. Jonghyun stood, and helped Taemin hop off the couch, before shuffling over the kitchen, not noticing anything of too much difference or importance.

“What is it, Bummie?”

“Taemin first. Come here, Minnie.” Kibum urged, motioning the young boy over. Taemin rushed over, stopping short in front of Kibum, and swaying lightly at the sudden break of movement.

“Umma?” he asked, with a gentle tilt of his head, his bright eyes lit with curiosity. Kibum now had both hands behind his back, obviously hiding something from the boy.

“Well, since you’ve been such a good boy this morning, I have a present for you.” he teased, an amused smirk threatening to show.

“What is it? Tell me, tell me!” Taemin stood on the balls of his feet, attempting to crane his neck to see what was behind Kibum’s back, but to no avail.

“It’s your favorite, Minnie. Enjoy.” Kibum showed the gift off, a extra-large bottle of banana milk, all prepared and ready for consumption. Taemin’s eyes went wide, and he couldn’t contain the joyful giggles bubbling up his throat.
“Thank you, Umma! You’re the bestest!” Taemin quickly brought his hands up, grabbing selfishly for the bottle, taking it in his hands, and immediately beginning on drink it.

“Slowly, Taemin, remember?”

“Yes, yes, I remember.” Taemin huffed.

“Does Umma get a hug for being so generous?” Kibum asked, quirking his eyebrow questionably. Taemin, with a tad amount of difficulty at first, placed the bottle on the table, and barrelled over, hugging Kibum tightly. After a moment, he pulled back, looking up at Kibum for approval that he could go back to the couch with his new drink.

“Go on, enjoy yourself.”

And, Taemin did just that, leaving Jonghyun and Kibum alone.

“Do I get a present too?” Jonghyun asked, slipping over to Kibum, watching him intently, with a mischievous smile.

“Mm, of course, my dear. Come.” Kibum hooked a finger, gesturing Jonghyun closer. Jonghyun took a easy step closer, and let their chests press together just barely as he intertwined their fingers.

“And, what would that be?” Jonghyun wet his lips, letting his tongue drag slowly along his lower lip, practically showing off the muscle to his husband.

“What do you want it to be?”

“A kiss would suffice.”

“Then, a kiss you will get.”

Jonghyun leaned in, almost catching Kibum’s lips, but with a slight push from the taller, he stopped.

“What?”

“You have to ask first.”

“I have to ask?”

“You have to ask, yes. It’s polite, Jongie.”

“Christ, okay, well, uh...”

“Jongie?”

“Can I kiss you?”

“Yes, of course you can.”

“Good.” Jonghyun murmured, leaning in, and properly kissing the other. Their mouths fit together with ease, and Kibum’s hand immediately went to Jonghyun’s hair, tightening his fingers around the strands, and pulling him all the more closer. Jonghyun hummed softly in response, hands slipping from Kibum’s, and settling on the other’s hips, teasing the prominent bone. Kibum let a small, somewhat eager, whine escape him, and he swore that all the blood rushed to his cheeks in one swift move.

“You’re so cute, Kibum.” Jonghyun chuckled breathlessly between kisses,

“Am not.” Kibum countered, pulling away shyly, a dark blush painted up to his ears, and even spotting on his neck.

“You so are.” Jonghyun’s hands were roaming, until they found their way up to Kibum’s shoulders, pulling him in for one more kiss, before stepping back, and nodding his head towards the living room. He motioned for Kibum to follow him as he began to walk backwards towards said room, his eyes never leaving his husbands.

“Appa! What’re you doing?” Taemin giggled, obvious amused by Jonghyun’s humorous style of walking.

“Appa and Umma are having a staring contest, and I’m winning, Min!”

“Oh, are you?”

“Yes. Problem with that?”

“What if I do?”

“I’ll have to fix that.”

“Like you could.”

“Oh, I certainly could.”

“No, you really couldn’t. I always beat you, just admit it.”

“Uh-uh. Wrong. I’ve beaten you plenty of times before.”

“Name one time.”

“I, uh...”

“Exactly.”

“I’ve had more girlfriends than you!”

“That doesn’t count! That’s not even something we competed with.”

‘Yeah, but still, the ladies love me more than you.”

“I’m sure. That’s why I’m the one who married you.”

“Oh, shut it.”

“Never.”

“I swear, Kibum, just give up.”

“No. You first.”

“This was a bad idea, wasn’t it?”

“Yes, Jonghyun, it was.”

“I love you?”

“I love you too, but I’m still going to win.”

“Not fair.”

“What’s not fair?”

“Nothing.”

“Good boy. Give up yet?”

“If I get another kiss, sure.”

“You will.”

“Promise? My eyes hurt.”

“I promise, Jongie.”

Jonghyun did give in, right then, blinking in relief. Kibum moved closer, tipping Jonghyun’s chin up, and kissing him dearly for a moment, before sitting down on the sofa beside Taemin.

“How’s your drink, Minnie?”

“Tis Good!” his words were a bit slurred, for he was drinking as he spoke.

“I’m glad. Jongie, get over here. Stop blinking so much. You’re fine.”

“Kibum, I think I broke my eyes.”

“You didn’t break your eyes, stop that.”

“No, I did. Really. Look!” Jonghyun twirled around, leaning in to face Kibum closely.

“See, see?”

“Hold on, let me loo—” Kibum was cut off by another kiss.

“Gotcha!”

“Jongie!”

“Bummie!” Jonghyun mocked easily, sitting beside Taemin as well, and wrapping his arm around the boy.

“Say, Taemin?”

“Mm?”

“Who do you think won? Me or Umma?”

“You, Appa!”

“No way!” Kibum retorted immediately, only to be silenced by Jonghyun’s grin.

“Taemin said I won, Kibum, give up.”

Kibum pouted, hugging his arms to his chest, and looking away from Jonghyun with a huff, chin up in annoyance. Jonghyun just laughed, and thanked Taemin for helping him get back at Kibum. The rest of the day, after that, was quie uneventful. Taemin was so content with his drink, that he napped on Kibum’s lap for hours, while the two husbands shared lazy kisses, and watched a slew of murder mysteries, Kibum’s guilty pleasure. Taemin was stirred awake by hunger, and an eager Jonghyun ordered Chinese takeaway, almost jumping out of his seat once it arrived.

“Jongie, you’re such a child.” Kibum commented, after they were settled at the table.

“I know!” Jonghyun muttered, with a mouthful of noodles.

“Oh my, why did I marry such a pig?”

“You love me, that’s why.”

“God knows I do.” Jonghyun snorted in response, and Kibum couldn’t help but laugh as well, the light feeling in the room much more than just comfortable. It was perfect. Taemin watching them curiously, Jonghyun continuing to stuff his face, an Kibum relaxed in his seat, nothing could’ve been better. At least, not then. No, definitely not then. Then, then was too wonderful to ever beat.

 

 


 

 

I’m alive! Shocking, I know. I’m so sorry, everyone, I know it’s been months and months since my last update. But, I saw that people were still subscribing and commenting, so I whipped this up in about two hours or so. It’s nothing too special, but hey, I needed to give my boys some well-deserved alone time. Plus, I love making couples have a teasing row with each other. I hope you all enjoyed this little chapter! I’ll try to be more frequent with my updates, but I don’t know. I’m still wrung out with this series. I have some ideas, but I just need the motivation to write it. I’ve been in a slump for the last few weeks. It’s not fun. Anyway, I’m just rambling now. Hopefully, I’ll update soon! Ta-Ta for now, my dears! <3

- Yoona