Chapter Five: Home Sweet Home -Part One-

The Adorable Adventures of Lee Tae Min ~

Kibum felt someone rustling beside him, and lazily opened his eyes. Taemin was resting his head on the shared pillow under them, his back to Kibum. Taemin was looking out the window, smiling at the little specks of dust floating around in the sunlight’s rays. Kibum moved his hand to Taemin’s head, ruffling his hair gently. The action caused Taemin to tense up, and let out a soft, high-pitched gasp.

“Oh my! Did I scare you, Minnie? I’m sorry.” Kibum said, removing his hand.

“It okay. I just thought Umma was sleeping. Is Appa up too?” He asked, shifting back to face Kibum again.

“No, should we wake him up?” Kibum asked, smirking evilly.

“Yes!” Taemin giggled excitedly, and crawled over Kibum, over to Jonghyun. He sat beside his Appa, and once Kibum held up three fingers and mouthed “Go”, Taemin jumped on Jonghyun, scaring the dinosaur into consciousness.

“Oh my... Taemin, you scared me! Kibum, did you put him up to this?” Jonghyun yelled, glaring at Kibum for about half a second before falling on his back, laughing. He pulled Kibum down next to him, messing up his hair in the process. Kibum was laughing as Jonghyun played around with him. Taemin watched, feeling left out. He pouted and tugged at Kibum’s arms, hoping for some kind of attention.

“Does Minnie feel left out?” Taemin nodded as he continued to pout. Kibum grabbed Taemin’s hand, pulling him between him and Jonghyun. Jonghyun immediately got his arms around Taemin, and tickled him. The youngest wiggled around, laughing and begging Jonghyun to stop without any meaning. Jonghyun eventually stopped, but never let Taemin go. He held onto his son tight, and Taemin nuzzled closer into the embrace.

“I remember when Kibum used to do this, Minnie. You’re a lot like him.” Jonghyun said, smiling at Kibum.

“Really?”

“Absolutely not! He’s nothing like me! And I never did that!” Kibum huffed, his cheeks heating up until they were colored red.

“That’s not what happened in the elevator a couple days ago...” Jonghyun hummed. Kibum threw a pillow at Jonghyun, missing Taemin, and hid his face with the other one.
“There’s no need to be embarrassed, Bummie.” Jonghyun was enjoying this, and that was plainly obvious on from his facial expressions. Kibum heard a knock on the door, and jumped out of the bed, away from Jonghyun. He pulled on some pajama pants, and walked to the door. He opened it, only to find a mailman. He held a large package, and asked for Kibum’s signature, not even making eye contact with him. Kibum rolled his eyes at the rude delivery man as he walked back into the apartment. Jonghyun was dressed like Kibum, a T-shirt and pajama pants, with Taemin holding his hand. Kibum placed the box on the table, and motioned the two over.

“What is it, Bummie?” Jonghyun asked, letting go of Taemin’s hand to go get the box cutter. He found it after some searching in multiple drawers, and came back, opening the box quickly. They found bags inside, bags of food. Kibum’s eyes widened. Jonghyun reached for the food, and Kibum reached for the card inside. It read,


“Dear Jonghyun, Kibum, and Taemin (I hope I got his name right!),

I hope you enjoy my little present. It’s breakfast. I made sure that it would be delivered at a good time. It’s all of your favorite foods from when we used to go out, Jonghyun! Hehe~ I hope this will convince you all to come to the high school reunion next Sunday.

- With love,

Lee Hae Jin ♥


Kibum smiled at the card, and handed it to Jonghyun, taking away the food to prepare also. Jonghyun whined when the food was taken away, but read the card nonetheless. He was smiling by the end, chuckling lightly when he saw the heart.

“Isn’t she sweet?” Kibum asked as he helped Taemin set the table.

“The sweetest. I can totally see why I dated her in the first place. Gosh, she was the best.”

“Ya!”

“Girlfriend-wise. As wonderful as you are, Bummie, she was my only steady girlfriend and my first best friend.”

“Your first best friend, really? I never knew that.” Kibum said, sitting himself at the table, and motioning Jonghyun to do the same.

“Yeah, she helped get used to school after transferring. After like seven years of friendship, I started to feel weird around her, and one day, during our usual wednesday study sessions, I kissed her. We dated for three years, but after I met you, I realized it was just my teenage hormones kicking up my brotherly love for her a notch. Now, I only have eyes for you, Bummie.” Jonghyun said, a blush prominent on his cheeks as he finished.

“Aww, Jongie, you’re adorable.” Kibum said, flattered by his husband’s shyness.

“What’s a best friend, Umma?”

“Huh? You don’t know what a best friend is, Taemin?”

“No. What is it?”

“Do you know what a friend is?”

“A person you like in a friendly way.”

“Good! Now what would a best friend be?”

“The person you like the most in a friendly way.”

“Exactly! You’re so smart, Minnie!” Kibum praised him.

“I want a best friend!” Taemin said excitedly.

“Once you start school, maybe you’ll find one.” Jonghyun said as he started stuffing his face with food.

“I get to go to school? Really?” Taemin said, a huge smile on his face.

“Of course! You think we would keep you from getting a proper education?”

“Old Appa said school was useless, and I couldn’t go...”

“Well, school isn’t useless, and you’re going! We just need to finish a couple things before enrolling you.”

“Like what?”

“Adoption papers, and other little things.”

“What are adoption papers?”

“They are what make you legally our child.”

“So after you sign those, no one can take me away from you?”

“No one, Minnie!”

“Go sign them! Right now! I don’t want anyone taking me away!” Taemin said, running over to Kibum and Jonghyun, tugging on their shirts.

“We are going to go sign them tomorrow. There’s no rush. No one will ever be able to take you away, whether you legally belong to us or not!” Jonghyun said, pulling Taemin up onto his lap.

“That’s right.” Kibum said, ruffling Taemin’s hair.

“So, what are we doing today?”

“Appa and I thought it would be nice to stay home and play around, maybe start on your bedroom...” Kibum began to trail off, mentally listing all the things that needed to be done.

“Kibum, remember. He’s our son, not butler. No ordering him or me around, understand?”

“Of course, Jongie, of course.” Kibum muttered, not hearing a word he said. Jonghyun just huffed, and smiled.

“Want to go watch the morning news, Minnie?”

“Yeah! Is Kim Nari still there? She’s so pretty!”

“Oh my! Little Taemin has good taste. He’s definitely my son.” Kibum said, grinning happily.

“I like Lee Minhwa better...” Jonghyun mumbled.

“Whatever, just go watch TV! I’ll do the dishes.” Kibum organized all the dishes and utensils before getting on his pink washing gloves, and started cleaning.

“Hurry up! You’ll miss the best part! Shin Hyunwoo is guest starring!”

“My husband is guest starring?” Kibum squealed from the kitchen.

“Hey!”

“Love you, Jongie.”

“Yeah, yeah, love you too. Just hurry up!”

“Yeah, I miss Umma!” Taemin said, still cuddled in Jonghyun’s firm arm.

“I’ll be right out, baby!”

Jonghyun hugged Taemin as they watched the same old news, but since Taemin was with him, it seemed less lonely. Kibum is always doing the housework, so Jonghyun has to do these little things like watching television alone. Maybe he’ll have a new partner in crime with Taemin around.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


Oh my god, I am so sorry! I haven’t updated in so long! Thank you, all you loyal subscribers out there! I had no inspiration for this, but I am finally getting back into the groove of things! I’ll try to keep updating more often! I have spring break this week, so I’ll have tons of free time! Thank you again, and sorry for the horrible break off, and that it’s so short! XD Love you all!