When Someone Found Out

Of An Owl and A Glutton

 

The schedule got even fuller now that they started to gain fame and fans. It’s two months since the two last met and honestly, none of them could keep this to himself. Fortunately, their companies allowed them to use their own phones and there’s really no telling when they would get tired of communicating through hand phone only.

“Hello?”

“Hi baby.”

“Hi.” Kyungsoo giggled. Daehyun smiled in glee since Kyungsoo rarely went along with his greasy antic. “How’re you doing?”

“Not so good. I need to kiss you.”

“Hey!” Even though they weren’t face to face, Daehyun could tell that Kyungsoo was blushing. “What are you even saying? We kiss all the time every time we meet!”

“Why are you whispering? Are you shy? Don’t be shy, baby.”

“Asdsfghjkl Daehyun, stop.”

Daehyun snickered as he enjoyed his lover spluttering. “I’m alone, Soo. Everyone left to buy some drinks. I’m too exhausted to even move my legs. Why is this so hard?”

“Well, I’m not alone. Everyone’s here. We’re going to catch a flight to Thailand in a bit. And for your legs, hang in there. You can do it, okay? Ugh, I can’t just say what I want to say. What if there’s someone who hears me?” Kyungsoo said half-apologetically.

“What if there's someone hears you what?”

Kyungsoo let out a small eep and Daehyun’s slumped figure became alerted out of sudden. “W-Who’s that? Did someone hear us?”

“L-Luhan hyung!” A faint sound of clothes meets clothes. “Hyung, it’s not like that. It’s- What did you hear?”

“I hear you say that you’re not alone and blah blah. Didn’t really remember.” The two heaved a relieved sigh. “Who are you talking to?”

“No one!” And the line went dead. Daehyun bit his nail nervously as he silently prayed to God that everything would be fine and no one would ever find out about them until they decided to tell them. To his dismay, it didn’t happen. Later that night, when Daehyun was about to doze off, Kyungsoo called him.

“Hi, love.”

“Wow! It’s real!”

The heck?! Daehyun shot up straight on his bed and stared at his phone in horror. It was Kyungsoo’s number. How? What? Why?

“Hyung! What are you doing?! Oh my god! You-“ Cue sounds pillow hitting someone and Daehyun cringed a bit at it.

“My dongsaeng is so adorable! He has a boyfriend!”

“Hyung!” Oh, good lord. That Luhan guy seemed to really find out about them. “D-Daehyun-ah, I’m sorry. Luhan hyung tricks me to these questions and- I swear it wasn’t intentional! Luhan hyung, shut up!”

The Luhan guy laughed maniacally and Daehyun rolled his eyes. “It’s okay, hyung. As long as he doesn’t tell anyone.”

“Well, he promised. But I’m not sure. He’s the type to spill secrets when he’s drunk so as long as he’s sober... Ugh, my life. Of all people, why Luhan hyung-”

“Why Kyungsoo though? What do you like about him?” It was Luhan speaking which Daehyun was sure that the phone was snatched from his boyfriend’s hand.

“Hyung! Give me my phone! Keep your voice down. The others can hear you!”

“Alright, alright. Fine. But Daehyun, I’ll have a long talk with you. I can’t just give you my kid like that.”

“I’m not your kid. We’ve been steady for three years.” Kyungsoo grunted.

“Wha— Kyungsoo. I didn’t know you have such a strong love.” Cue enthusiastic seal claps from the amazed man “But really, you are my kid. You just don’t know it yet. Until now.”

“No, hyung. No.”

After Kyungsoo made sure that Luhan was out of seeing and hearing range, Kyungsoo sighed heavily while making small sobs noise. “I’m sorry. Luhan hyung can get a little bit... excited when he discovers things like this. He's not the social butterfly for nothing.”

“Hey, it’s okay. He sounds friendly.” Daehyun reassured.

“Way too friendly.” Kyungsoo clucked his tongue. “Aren’t you going to bed? It’s late.”

Daehyun laid his body down on the bed again. He took his pillow and hugged it close. “I was. Until someone decided to interrupt me.”

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine. I get to hear your voice before I sleep, so it’s a win-win situation.”

Kyungsoo sighed again.

“Hyung, you sigh a lot today.”

“Can’t help it. A lot happened and  my head’s hurting."

“Hmm... It’s a shame you’re not here. I can kiss the pain away. You can cuddle with me.”

“Why do you never stop talking about kissing?”

“Because I want to kiss you? Don’t you want to kiss me?”

Kyungsoo snorted. “Yeah, sure. That would be nice.”

They talked for another hour and hang up after saying their love lines. It was really hard to do it this way but they’re not in a place to complain. They got a chance to love, and they would make the most of it. Plus, now that another person knew and he’s from Kyungsoo's group, maybe Kyungsoo’s burden at keeping this secret would be lifted a bit.

That night, the two slept with a similar contented smile on their bed.

[][][]