#4 I Was Wrong

Of An Owl and A Glutton

 

It was past midnight when it’s Youngjae and Yongguk’s turn to watch after Daehyun. Youngjae could sleep for all he cared since it’s so late and Daehyun should too but Yongguk said that Daehyun spaced out a lot when he tried to talk to him and it’s really depressing to see him like that. Youngjae sensed that he knew what’s happening so he told Yongguk to go home while he’d talk whatever bothering Daehyun out. Their closeness to each other wasn’t questionable so Yongguk believed him fully and went home after he said see you later to Daehyun who seemed to not hear the leader said anything at all.

“Did Kyungsoo hyung come for visit?” Youngjae asked when Yongguk’s out of view. Just a few hours ago, Daehyun was a bundle of laughter and hey I’m okay no need to worry goofyball but this Daehyun in front of him— Youngjae didn’t even know where to start. Daehyun looked like he’s in the verge of crying but he held it back. It was such a depressing view indeed.

Daehyun’s blank eyes suddenly filled with a little life, but it was dim and Youngjae couldn’t take it anymore. Youngjae stepped closer to his friend and put his arm around Daehyun’s shoulders. “Man, you look ugly like this.”

Daehyun’s shoulders began to tremble and as he hang his head down in despair. Something clearly happened and from the look of it, it wouldn’t be easy to fix. Daehyun and Kyungsoo never had fight and when they did, it was just a small thing like missed calls and their short meeting time, so no one cried. It’s just that simple anyway—their fight. To see Daehyun looked devastated like this, Youngjae somehow felt scared for his friend.

“Kyungsoo said he hates me.” Daehyun finally talked after minutes of silence tears and heavy sighs. “I should’ve told him what happened. I was such a bad boyfriend.” Well, at least Daehyun knew what he did wrong. When Daehyun first refused to deliver this message about his (luckily) small accident to Kyungsoo, Youngjae objected to this. It might be not a problem if Kyungsoo didn’t find out, but at the end of the day, all truths would be revealed.

Coughing twice and breathed in audibly, Daehyun continued his seemingly endless misery. “Was he breaking up with me? Was that what he’s trying to say? I was wrong. I want to say sorry to him.”

“No.” Youngjae answered immediately. “He’s not breaking up with you. He hates you because you don’t tell him about this and if he were me, I would too. But he doesn’t want to end what you and him has, okay? You have to stop being paranoid. He’s just upset. Yes, he hates you, but he loves you as well. There’s a thin line between hate and love. You know that better than me.” Youngjae advised as he patted his bawling friend.

“I’ll call Kyungsoo and you’ll talk, okay? You have to get some sleep if you want to get better.”

“But it’s late. He might be sleeping. I don’t want to disturb him. He’ll be angry again.” Daehyun said as he struggled to wipe his tears that stubbornly kept on falling down. The words that Kyungsoo meant so much for Daehyun no matter how the former didn’t intend to hurt him. Daehyun was always a sensitive guy and Kyungsoo was pretty tough himself despite his cute appearance and didn’t let his emotion come out in the open that much. So it’s normal for Daehyun to be confused at what he had to do at this situation.

Youngjae’s eyes diverted to the closed window, and then to the clock that was hung at the room. It’s really late and he reluctantly let the matter go. It’s best to wait until tomorrow. At least, in the morning, people will be less insane than they were at night.

Youngjae hoped so.