Unanswered Calls

Of An Owl and A Glutton

“The number you’re calling is-“

“Aish.” Kyungsoo threw his phone to his bed and messed his hair up with his hand in frustrated manner. “Why won’t this person pick up?”

“Maybe she’s sleeping.”

Kyungsoo stiffened. He thought he’s alone in his room. When did Jongin come in again? “What?”

“Whoever you’re calling maybe sleeping right now. It’s late.” Jongin repeated again while shaking a towel on his head to try his wet hair. “It’s past midnight. Unless you’re calling someone in entertainment industry, there’s a little chance that they’re still awake.”

“How do you know if it’s a her?” Kyungsoo questioned. He might have a hope that one day that someday Jongin (or whoever in EXO) would notice his relationship with Daehyun, but now that it’s so close to being busted, he wished that his secret remained unknown like forever.

“It’s not?” Jongin’s eyebrow rose as he plopped himself on his bed. “I thought you’re calling your girlfriend.” Boyfriend, to be exact. “I know you said you didn’t have one, but come on. You’ve been calling someone too often and I know it’s not your parents. As close as you all are, you won’t call them every day like this.” Okay, Jongin’s not as oblivious as Kyungsoo thought.

“I really don’t have a girlfriend though.” Kyungsoo murmured silently to himself. “Do you have a girlfriend?” Kyungsoo asked back.

Jongin shook his head as he threw the towel to the laundry basket and made himself comfortable on his bed. “Nope. I don’t want one. Maybe not now. It’ll do me no good. Like manager hyung said, it’ll distract me and lower me performance quality, which is true. I’m never good at multi-tasking.”

“Good for you.” Kyungsoo agreed at some points. “It’ll distract you and makes you going crazy if one doesn’t pick up their calls too often because they’re too busy.” Jongin gave him a look. “Uhm... I mean, I’m too busy. We’re idols, right? It’s really not easy to spare some quality time for ourselves.”

Jongin nodded hesitantly while giving Kyungsoo a suspicious look. Oh crap. “Well, yeah. But we’re not really busy nowadays, hyung. All we’re doing is practicing and volunteering. We have so many spare times before our comebacks. Don’t you think?”

“Yeah. And he’s busy preparing a concert. Just kill me now.” Kyungsoo whispered to himself and he covered his face with his hands. “I’m going to sleep. Good night.”

“Good night.” Jongin fell asleep in less than two minutes. Kyungsoo squeezed his eyes shut and tried to sleep as he blamed Jongin’s soft snores that’s suddenly too loud for his liking (it never bothered him even once before because it’s too soft). He failed, not any sign of sleepiness ever appeared on his then fully opened eyes.

Kyungsoo took a look at his phone again. No new messages from Daehyun. No missed calls. Nothing. It seemed like it’d be a pretty long night for Kyungsoo, again. Kyungsoo sighed. “I miss you.”