Unanswered Calls-2

Of An Owl and A Glutton

“Your phone keeps on ringing.” Youngjae complained as he handed the phone to the practicing man. “Just pick the damn call and let me go through this dance once again without being distracted. I need to have this choreography plastered on my memory today and I’m not making any freaking progress thanks to your noisy phone.”

Daehyun snatched the phone and set its profile to silent. “There. Problem solved.” Youngjae rolled his eyes. He could still hear the vibration but oh well.

Youngjae eyed him and looked around; when he saw that it’s safe (the other members were nowhere in sight at the moment) before asking Daehyun. “Why won’t you pick up? It’s your lover boy. Did you two have a fight?”

“Shush!” Daehyun put a finger on his mouth and glared at Youngjae. “Can you be louder?”

“Chill, dude. No one’s here. You forgot that I’m the brain of this group. I’m not that careless.”

Daehyun heaved a sigh, a very heavy sigh. He slumped on the floor while leaning on the wall, head was hung quite lowly. It’s such a sad view. “I’m afraid, Youngjae.” Daehyun confessed through his breathy voice. “I know where he lives, and I’m struggling to death to not letting this feeling get the best of me. I can lose my mind for a minute thinking about how I give up this whole idol thing only to be with him, but I know he doesn’t love me that much to do that. But then, I realized I’m not either. I don’t know. What I want and what I need, the line’s not clear anymore. I just feel-“

“Breathe, Daehyun. Breathe.” Youngjae stopped his tirade and tapped his friend’s shoulder twice, succeeding in making the other stopped rambling. Youngjae doubted he even knew the half of what he just said. “What you’re experiencing is a love disease, which is fine, because you haven’t met since what three months? It’s like an LDR except it’s not. I know the feeling. I’ve been there.”

“No you don’t. What you felt is a real LDR, with a girl. Do you forget what Korean think about gays?”

Youngjae frowned. “You make it sound like you just killed my mother. It’s not that bad. Being gay is not a crime. It’s not like you’re killing someone just because you’re gay, right?”

“Not everyone is as accepting as you. Not everyone has a very open mind like you. I’m still wondering why you didn’t even feel a tad surprise when you found out.”

“Because I’m maybe gay too,” Youngjae shrugged, earning a disbelief look on Daehyun’s face. “Okay, maybe not completely gay. I’m bi-curious to be honest. But hey, let’s not talk about me. The problem here is you.”

Daehyun slumped even lower to the floor. “I want to see Kyungsoo.”

“You could. But first, you pick up his call so that he won’t freak out like a worried mother hen and eventually scolded me for not making you have your fact straight.”

“I’m going crazy, Youngjae. No, I’m crazy. I’m positively crazy. It’s unarguable.”

“What are you even saying.”

“I want to see Kyungsoo.”

Youngjae clucked his tongue and looked at Daehyun confusedly. What’s this kid up to? Why did he always make his life so hard? “Okay, so you want to see Kyungsoo. But you can’t.”

“But I can’t.”

“How about answering his calls so your so called craziness won’t invade your mind-“

“I can’t. If I hear his voice, I’m sure I’ll bolt out to his dorm right then right now and hug him and then kiss him senseless while-“

“Okay! Stop! I don’t need details!”’

Daehyun cowered and pouted. “I can’t hear his voice now. I have to practice, and I can’t when I can hear his voice everywhere. I’m still hearing his cute voice now.”

“Okay, I get it.” Youngjae gave up on making him answering his calls. It seemed like his friend’s problem was severe enough he couldn’t help but believing in what Daehyun’s said for a moment. They had a concert coming and they couldn’t afford to make it even worse (Daehyun’s pace in learning new dance and new format of their concert was getting slower and slower) by cornering him like this. “I’ll talk to Kyungsoo to stop calling you for a while. But after that, if you still splutter out nonsense about this stupid craziness thing about not wanting to accept his calls— I’ll really kill you then.”

Daehyun looked like he’s reflecting on his mistake (if it could be called that) and smiled hesitantly at Youngjae. “I’m sorry, Youngjae-ya.”

Youngjae suddenly regretted having to sniff around his best friend’s privacy. If he had known this, he’d probably back out from this the moment he knew the consequences. “What am I, their love-life manager? God. Why do you hate me so much.”

[][][]

A/N: Double update~ not really. Yay...? *hides*