#1 I Miss You

Of An Owl and A Glutton

 

Do Kyungsoo waved his hand for the last time to his fans before going in to the backstage with the rest of EXO members. It was a really long day for him. Not that everyday wasn’t that long of a day for him— it’s just exceptionally long that day because he had to keep himself together at the sight of his lover. It’s been ages—more like a week, but— since they last met and the urge to touch the other was so strong he had a really hard time to act calm and indifferent around his lover.

On the way to the changing room, Kyungsoo felt a hand wrapped on his wrist and pulled him back to one of the doors gently. The room was empty, and he heard a soft click before a pair of slightly rough lips languidly pressed on Kyungsoo’s plump lips. Kyungsoo blushed lightly as he pulled away a bit.

“Daehyun-ah! You scared me!” Kyungsoo protested, his hand hitting the other’s chest playfully.

Daehyun chuckled, his hand caught Kyungsoo’s and kissed the back of his hand with a naughty smile popped on his lips. “I’m sorry, hyung. I miss you so much I can’t wait until tonight.”

Tonight, Sunday night, was the only day they’re both free—not for long, of course— and having their private time together. That specific day was probably what keeping them sane despite the hectic schedule of rookies that they had. Kyungsoo pouted and his hand was reeled back, away from Daehyun’s reach. “It’s only a few hours away. Aren’t you impatient.”

“Oh, please.” Daehyun laughed, his voice was deep and alluring as always. Kyungsoo forgot for a moment that he’s supposed to be slightly pissed at his boyfriend’s behavior. “I saw everything, hyung. You looked at me like an abandoned puppy once and tried not to look butthurt about it. I also saw your eyes blinked more than usual and you turned your head from me like eight times and struggling. It’s been so hard on you.”

“I didn’t look like an abandoned puppy and I was interacting with my fans. That’s why I turn my gaze a lot.” Kyungsoo defended. He was slightly upset at himself because he was being so obvious while Daehyun didn’t have that much hard time as he was.

To have a relationship that even your close friend didn’t know of was not easy at all. Daehyun, on the other hand, had Youngjae, who was very close to him and it’s really only a matter of time before he found out about them. Kyungsoo wasn’t sure if the fact that his individuality dominate himself too much the other didn’t really have an initiative to care or it’s just his close friend, Jongin, who was too dense to notice anything.

There are times when he wished one of EXO member knew this fact so he could go over them and cried his heart out about how he missed Daehyun and how Daehyun was gorgeous in 100 something ways, also about how— Kyungsoo was a bit dejected at the thought.

“God. I miss you.” Daehyun whispered on Kyungsoo’s left ear and kissed it lightly. Kyungsoo squirmed a bit and sneaked his arms around Daehyun’s waist. The younger leaned to the touch and rested his chin on the older’s shoulder. “I miss you so much. It’s been hard on me too, hyung. You have no idea how I wish people know about us so bad. And I hope Youngjae isn’t one of them because he’s so damn annoying. I really do. But—”

But it’s for the best that the others didn’t know about this, yet. Kyungsoo knew. He was probably more aware of the fact that them being together was best to be kept hidden than Daehyun. It was his idea after all. Daehyun didn’t agree at first but as time passed, he started to understand the consequence if people know about them. Definitely, it wasn’t the worst thing that could happen in their lifes, but it was bad enough for them to keep it confidential for sure.

“I miss you too.” Kyungsoo whispered back. His head was tilted a bit on to Daehyun’s head. Daehyun’s body was warm, he always was. And for some unknown reasons, Kyungsoo’s body was always cold. It forever amused him how their body worked so differently yet similarly, they were perfectly matched for each other. It was like a cliched fate that made them meet years ago at an occasion in Busan, far before they even know what their dream were. Far before they even know what dream were. And Kyungsoo wasn’t really a romantist but he liked the idea of that.

“I wish I can go eloping with you. We can have a child or two. And I’ll forever love you under the bright sun and the mellow moon.” Daehyun blurted. His arms hastily trapped Kyungsoo’s shoulders, and Kyungsoo flailed weakly.

“Eloping, huh? Child?” Kyungsoo snorted. His attempt of backing away was stopped and he couldn’t help but sulk a little. “Can you even hold a baby?”

Daehyun grinned and leaned in to kiss Kyungsoo’s lips. It always happened in the middle of their small talks, when he’s avoiding questions or when’s accepting no for negative answer. Kyungsoo was more than sure it wasn’t the former and he’s more than happy to accept the long-awaited kiss eagerly.

This was fine. Kyungsoo, Daehyun, with their small hopes and dreams for the bigger future; this attempt of keeping their secretive relationship was nothing. They were happy. It was more than enough.