#2 I Love You

Of An Owl and A Glutton

 

“Happy Anniversary, love. It’s a shame that we can’t meet up and kiss :3 but I’ll make it up to you later like I always do. Love you, Soo. <3”

Daehyun pressed send and heaved a loud sigh. Youngjae, who was seated not too far from his close friend, shot him a pitiful look. “I pity you.”

Scoffing as he threw a pillow to Youngjae’s face, Daehyun snorted. “Shut up. I’m not that pitiful.” As much as he loved his best friend, he really didn’t need to hear the obvious. He’s pitiful, pathetic, miserable—everything that’s negative— and he knew it more than anyone else. Oh, how he wanted to run to wherever his boyfriend was and kiss him and hold him and whisper sweet nothings to him and—

“Wow. You look really pitiful.” Youngjae muttered. This time, he managed to dodge Daehyun’s pillow attack but sadly, he failed to miss him kicking his shin. Youngjae grimaced in pain and Daehyun smiled satisfiedly. “You should call him. Text is never enough.”

“Neither is call.” Daehyun sighed again, his smile faltered. His shoulders sagged down and his eyes turned soft and sad. “Nothing is ever enough. Love is insatiable. We barely meet too.” Daehyun saw Youngjae faked a gag but he didn’t have any interest left to kick him again. He lifted his arm and covered his eyes with it instead. “He’s busy anyway. I’m busy as well. The best we can do is texting. It’s better this way. He’s aware of this too.”

“You’re right.” Youngjae nodded. It was really rare of Youngjae to agree with him. “If you call him and hear his voice, I will never hear the end of it. It’ll be me weeping instead of you so yeah, you did the right thing.” Daehyun rolled his eyes. Youngjae was always the annoying-all-the-time-but-not-really-when-you-need-him-the-most friend and it’s not like Daehyun had a choice. Had Himchan or Jongup knew about his relationship with Kyungsoo instead, it’d probably turn out better, but like he said— he had no choice.

A soft vibrate brought him back to reality. Daehyun received a reply from Kyungsoo.

“Happy Anniversary to you too, my love. ^^ Sure, it’s a shame we can’t spend some time together in this special day. Ah, our stupid schedules. T_T

I’m still overseas and jetlagged so bad I want to vomit. But I’m still able to walk so you don’t have to worry.

I love you too, Dae. Love you so much. <3<3<3”

Daehyun laughed at the text. Kyungsoo was never a verbal type when they meet, but he’s quite a talker at their messages. Not to mention that he’s so expressive at the text as well. This Kyungsoo was actually better than the old Kyungsoo—not that the old one was bad. It’s just, when they first exchange messages, Kyungsoo didn’t really know what to text or reply so he ended up sending Daehyun this super short messages that honestly, hurt Daehyun a bit because Daehyun’s messages were always almost filled one page of short message while Kyungsoo barely reached 30% of it.

When Kyungsoo found out how Daehyun was slightly upset over the (literally) short messages, Kyungsoo started to talk more about his daily activities over the messages only to fill the entire page and please Daehyun’s and his rather weird antic. It went fine and he got better at his wording as they texted more.

If Daehyun looked closely, he began to text less and less. He started to feel what Kyungsoo might feel in the past about the lack of talking they were having and wow that’s not a nice feeling. Daehyun actually made to the point that he’s a bit frustrated at himself but Youngjae said it’s fine. There will be a point when you feel stuffy and uncomfortable at a relationship—Daehyun strongly denied that he felt anything but stuffy, but seeing at the lack of contact with Kyungsoo, and how his behavior changed rather dramatically from normally excited to strange and forced kind of excited—it’s really scary if Daehyun asked himself.

“Reversed situation. I never know karma exists.” Daehyun suddenly spluttered his mind aloud and Youngjae looked at him strangely. And then he said a soft ‘oh’ and smiled creepily at Daehyun.

“It’s not karma, idiot. Well, not exactly. What you did for Kyungsoo is way too much more than what he did so while you’re running out of ideas, Kyungsoo is still barely have an idea for whatever you’ll do for you both. It’s normal that he’s doing good while you’re losing your touch. You should stop indulging him all the time and starting to do the taking rather than giving.”

“I’m not indulging him. I only do what I can do because he—“ Daehyun was speechless for a moment. If he remembered correctly, it really felt that he’s the one who did all the work for their relationship. But that’s cool, because he loves Kyungsoo. Eventually, Kyungsoo would give anything back to him equally and they’ll be happy again, but then again, Daehyun wasn’t so sure.

“Kyungsoo loves me.” Daehyun uttered.

Youngjae nodded. “Kyungsoo loves you.”

“So that’s fine, right? I mean, we’re both males and we haven’t really decided who’s going to play the ‘man’ role, but we love each other so it’s okay to give him my everything since he’ll also-“

“Kyungsoo loves you, but not as much as you do.”

Daehyun blinked. He was so sure that whatever Youngjae’s saying wasn’t making sense at all. It all started with his inability to text with his usual way and how did it come to this big talk again? Daehyun felt small nonetheless. “Not as much as I do...?”

“Unfortunately, yeah. Kyungsoo doesn’t seem to love you as much as you do. It’s kinda bad, isn’t it?” Youngjae’s face softened. When Youngjae’s face turned like that, it was no doubt that he’s worried and what he said was likely true. Daehyun never really like Youngjae’s appearances around him that much but when the younger gave him advice, it’s weirdly always right. So, Daehyun should’ve have known what he had to do then, but still, he was never sure if it’s related to his fragile relationship with Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was adorable and he loved him so much it hurts.

Youngjae stood up and patted Daehyun’s shoulder. “Sorry, gotta go. Manager-hyung texts me to come over to the studio.” Youngjae waved his phone to Daehyun’s face to show the message. It’s not needed, really. Because he’s still somewhat confused at what’s happening and was he really considering his relationship with Kyungsoo this was bad this wasn’t supposed to happen and he groaned.

“I’m going to sleep this off.” Daehyun said as he trudged off to his room, leaving Youngjae without even sending him off—well, he never did anyway—to the front door.

Daehyun closed his eyes once he’s comfortably laid on his bed. The dorm was empty. All members have schedule except him. Actually, it’s more like he had his schedule filled to the brim the last three days when the others were free, and then it’s his time to have the day off, sadly, by himself.

Just when he felt his vision went deeper than just a mere black, he felt his bed dipped a bit and he almost cursed because he hated it when he’s just this near to get his beauty sleep and Jongup just had to crash it when he opened his eyes and caught his boyfriend staring in anticipation at him. “Surprise!”

“What-“

Kyungsoo cutely laughed a little before placing a small kiss on his boyfriend’s lips.

“Kyung-“

Kyungsoo kissed Daehyun again, deeper and more passionate this time as the older’s tongue swerved down Daehyun’s slightly gaping cavern. The younger let out a small happy noise before running his fingers through Kyungsoo’s hair to deepen the kiss even more. God, he missed this so much. He missed Kyungsoo so bad he’s starting to lose his ability to tell what’s true and what’s not. Was this a dream? Kyungsoo was not here; he got a text about it minutes ago. So, how...?

When Kyungsoo pulled back a bit, he whispered “Happy Anniversary,” and Daehyun just knew it wasn’t even close to dream at all. It was more than real. And when he felt Kyungsoo bit his lower lip just lightly, he was more than convinced that it was real.

“Oh. And Youngjae said sorry. He didn’t mean what he said. He knew that you’re gullible and he’s enjoying every bit of your reaction. You must not listen at what he said and keep on going with what you’re doing. What is it? What did he exactly do to you?”

Daehyun grasped the situation a little bit slow and he hissed when he realized that his intuition was right. Damn Youngjae was really good at acting. Or was he just that gullible?

Getting his attention back to Kyungsoo, he wondered aloud. “Does this mean you love me like I love you?” Daehyun almost hit himself because wow what a good way to go to be blatant, but Kyungsoo was giggling and Daehyun thought it’s a good way after all.

“I probably love you more than you love me. I always act like an idiot when you’re around.” Kyungsoo confessed as he laid down and rested his head on Daehyun’s chest. Daehyun hugged him closer, a huge smile blossomed on his lips. Kyungsoo’s body was cold most of the time, but it was great, because Daehyun rarely felt cold and Kyungsoo made him feeling it almost all the time. “I love you, Daehyun.”

Suddenly, it didn’t matter anymore who’s more in love with who and whether he felt miserable or not because he wanted, needed, loved Kyungsoo with all his heart he couldn’t imagine how his life would go without the smaller man who’s laying on his embrace. He would give everything he had if that means Kyungsoo staying with him. He couldn’t picture himself doing anything else but that. It was a definite answer and he somehow had to thank Youngjae (not-so-subtle, of course—with, like a punch in the arm and a small thank you that’s told between snickers) for making him indirectly think this over—even though it nearly went bad, but it’s okay because it did turn good after all.

With that, Daehyun could confidently say “I love you, too.” and kissed his boyfriend lovingly because then he’s sure he’ll never get stuffy no matter what other people (Youngjae— like, who else know about them?) said. “I love you so much.”

[][][]

A/N: Well, that was a long hell of a ride one for a drabble. :3

What do you think? What do you think? ^^