A New Beginning

My Jerky Neighbor

The bed lightly shook and woke me out of a tranquil slumber. Startled, I came to, confused, my eyes squinting in the morning sunshine. Daehyun, climbing out of the bed, rubbed his eyes. He was clueless that he had stirred me awake.

 

His bare, sculpted back faced openly to me, light red scratches visible across it. Groggily wiping the sleep from his eyes, he sat up and finally realized he had woken me up.

 

"_____," he groaned, sleep making his voice soft. Kneeling back down onto the bed, he tilted my chin up and captured my lips and sensually trailed his fingers down my neck. I savored the brief jitter of butterflies that arose in my stomach. When we parted, I beamed up at him and let a small giggle esacpe me.

 

He cocked an eyebrow curiously. "What? Did I do something funny?"

 

"No, it's nothing," my smile grew wider. "It's just, I'm really happy right now."

 

He stared, dumfounded for a moment. "You're still as weird... As always..."

 

I shoved him from the bed, playfully of course, but he still stumbled a bit. That only caused me to laugh louder. 

 

Fully awake now, he pouted and collected the different articles of his clothing thrown carelesly around. As he stood, pulling his shirt back over his head, I admired his body once more. And the way that the sun spilled into the room, reflecting off the creases and dips on his body. The smile on my face wasn't slipping away, it was full of awe and admiration. I don't think at that moment I realized how completely in love with him I was, but it was something certaintly close.

 

"Want breakfast?" he asked, his eyes filled with warm care.

 

I giggled with a snort at his question, "This sounds and looks exactly like a k-drama scene."

 

He gave me a dazzling smile, one that clearly showed off his dimples. "You better like omelettes," he called out as he strode off into the kitchen. 

 

I rolled on my back, stretching out like a cat. I felt like I was gleaming with radiance beacuse I could actually feel his care and affection towards me. I stood up, standing all the way on the tips of my toes. I grabbed a baggy t-shirt and through it carelessly over my body. Glancing at the mirror, I grinned at the evidence of last night. The blushing bruises creeping up all across my neck, the last one right underneath my jaw. 

 

Ruffling my hair, I, at last left my room. Strolling happily into the natural light of the kitchen, I joined Daehyun.