#3

Beautiful Blossoms (Formerly Boys And Blossoms II)

Just as school ended on that Friday, Minho went over to Sulli's table. "Hey are you free today? I want to take shots of Namsan Tower," Minho asked. Sulli couldn't help it but gave Minho a worrying look. Just then Sulli saw Minhyuk outside if her class. Minho turned to where Sulli was looking at and saw Minhyuk. "Oh sorry Sulli, I didn't know you have plans today," Minho said. "No, I have no plans today. He was just supposed to send me home. I'll talk to him," Sulli replied. 

 
 
Sulli went over to Minhyuk. First thing he did was placing a kiss on her lips. He made sure Minho was looking. "I miss you baby," Minhyuk said. Sulli was of course startled. Minhyuk had never kissed her like that before in school. 
 
 
"Baby what was that for?"
 
 
"I saw Minho talking to you at your table. I got jealous."
 
 
"Baby... Minho wants to do project today. Do you mind?"
 
 
Just then Minho went out of the classroom. Minhyuk gave Minho a glare before turning to Sulli. "Okay baby, take care!" Minhyuk said to Sulli. He gave another kiss on her lips. He glared at Minho once more before going off. Sulli looked shocked. Sometimes she just wished that Minhyuk wasn't the jealous type. Somehow she felt embarrassed in front of Minho. "Lets go Sulli," Minho said. 
 
 
Sulli kept very quiet in her car. She broke the silence by apologizing to Minho on Minhyuk's behavior. "Your boyfriend sure gets jealous easily eh?" Minho asked. Sulli nodded. They finally reached their destination. They went to find a spot and Minho set up his equipments. The routine was about to start again. Sulli had already bought iced coffee before hand and she had fully charged her iPad to entertain herself. 
 
 
---
 
 
Minho sent Sulli home. Again, he went out his car and stood next to his door to watch Sulli enter the gate. Sulli's mother was there to greet her daughter. Minho knew her mother was going to invite him for dinner. He bowed to Sulli's mother. "Young man, dinner today?" Sulli's mother asked Minho with a smile. Minho nodded. Sulli looked appalled though. Why would Minho agree to her mother's dinner invitation? The gate slowly opened for Minho to park his car. A huge yard and mansion welcomed him. He drove in and parked his car next to Sulli's father's car. Minho got out of the car and saw that Sulli and her mother were waiting for him. They then went into the mansion together. 
 
 
They headed to the dining table, where Sulli's father can be found at the table. Sulli's father stood up upon seeing Minho's arrival. Minho bowed to her father. "What's your name son?" Sulli's father asked. "My name is Minho, uncle. Choi Minho," Minho answered. "By any chance are you Choi Minho, heir of Choi Holdings?" Sulli's mother asked. "Yes auntie," Minho replied. Sulli's parents' faces lightened up upon hearing that and Sulli's father hugged Minho. Sulli watched the whole scene as if it was a family reunion. "Am I missing something?" Sulli said aloud. Sulli's mother turned to look at her and said, "Nothing dear, your father got over excited". Sulli just shrugged off. 
 
 
Minho sat next to Sulli's father and opposite of Sulli. Sulli's parents started bombarding Minho with questions from how was Minho when he was in school to what he was planning to do about his career. Sulli somehow felt sorry for Minho. She didn't think he parents would ask Minho so many questions. 
 
 
"So Minho, are you the only child?" Sulli's mother asked. 
 
 
"Yes auntie," Minho answered. 
 
 
"Oh right, Choi Holdings only have descendant at a time," Sulli's father said. 
 
 
Minho just nodded. Sulli's mother started asking when did Minho got to know Sulli. 
 
 
"To be honest, we were always in the same class since elementary school. But we just didnt bother talking to each other. Because of the project that was the first time I spoke to her," Minho replied. 
 
 
"Oh that is such a pity," Sulli's mother said. 
 
 
"Why omma?" Sulli asked. She was curious on why her parents seemed to really like Minho when they just met him. 
 
 
"Well who knows you would have brought him home way earlier."
 
 
"Omma!" 
 
 
"Just kidding honey."
 
 
After dinner, Sulli invited Minho to her room, to avoid Sulli's parents asking Minho more questions. Minho entered a huge pink bedroom, with traces of lavender scent filling the room. "I'm sorry about my parents earlier. They got over excited. You're the first guy my mum invited for dinner," Sulli said. 
 
 
"Really?"
 
 
"Yeah. And you're the first guy to enter my room. So be honored."
 
 
"Even Minhyuk didn't step into your house?"
 
 
Sulli nodded. "My parents don't like Minhyuk. Seems like they like you a lot more. Funny, you're not snobbish at all in front of my parents. Make yourself at home."
 
 
"I just act snobbish. I'm a nice guy."
 
 
Sulli smirked after hearing that. She then went to her iMac and switched on. Just then Sulli's phone rung. It was Minhyuk. Sulli signaled Minho to keep quiet. Minho nodded and Sulli answered the phone. ".... Hi baby"
 
 
Minho found himself wandering around Sulli's room. The shelf filled with photo frames caught his eye. He went towards the photo frames and started looking at the frames. He frowned when he saw the picture of Sulli and Minhyuk. "You deserve better Sulli," he muttered to himself. He saw a photo of Sulli when she was younger with a boy. He instantly pick up the photo frame and stared at the photo frame. "Oh that boy was my best friend when I was younger," Sulli said. Minho turned around and realized that Sulli was right behind him. 
 
 
"That picture was taken just before me and him went down the aisle to throw petals. His father remarried after his mum died of cancer. Every weekend my parents would bring me to his house and I'll spend the whole day playing with him. I missed him. I cried every weekend for months because I couldn't meet him. Until now my parents refused to tell me what was his name. They were afraid I might go around looking for him. His step mother told his father to stay away from us. My parents just didn't want to create any trouble..."
 
 
Minho nodded slowly and placed the photo frame back. He turned to Sulli and saw Sulli's sad face. 
 
 
"What's with that face Sulli? You have Minhyuk now. You have your friends."
 
 
"Yeah I know..."
 
 
Minho was facing Sulli. He never noticed her features, until now. Her delicate features made his heart skip a beat. Her long wavy hair rested on her shoulders. Her white skin, rosy cheeks, pink lips, her eyes and that little drawing of the eyeliner made her look beautiful. Minho cleared his throat.
 
 
"I think I should leave now. Staying at a girl's house for very long is not very nice."
 
 
Sulli nodded and accompanied him down and told her parents, who were sitting at the living room that Minho was leaving. Her parents smiled at Minho and Minho bowed to them. As Minho went out of the house he told Sulli that she didn't have to send him off to his car. "You're still a snob in front of me eh?" Sulli said. Minho just ignored her and went to his car. He waited for the gates to be opened and he reversed out. He looked at Sulli one last time before driving off. 
 
 
"Now I know why Sulli's parents look so familiar..."
 
 
Minho drove his car at full speed. He reached his house in just a few minutes. His parents were at the living room when he barged into the house. "Minho, why are you home so late?" his mother asked him. Minho was oblivious and went straight to the attic. He started looking for his old photos. He probably ransacked the whole attic. He found many things. His old toys, his old textbooks, his old clothes and his old photos. He wondered why he had never thought of ransacking the attic in the first place. He flipped through an album containing all his baby photos from when he was just born until the day his father remarried. The album was kept away from him for many years. He always asked his mother where was his old photos. His mother simply replied that it was misplaced. "Misplace huh? Pfft," Minho said to himself. He came upon a photos of him and Sulli when they were at the playground, when they were playing Lego at his living room and many more. He found one photo that was similar to the photo he saw at Sulli's room. 
 
 
Minho took the whole album down to his living room. His parents were still there, watching television. Minho threw the album on the table. "What is this Omma?" Minho asked. His mother's face stiffened. "So... My baby photos were misplaced huh? You think I didn't know you were not my biological mother? I knew! I just kept quiet all these while."
 
 
"Minho... Omma loves you so much. I can't be more than happy having you and your appa around..." Minho's mother started saying. 
 
 
"That is not the point. The point is... Why did you lie? Why did you lie that you didn't know anyone related to Shawol Hotel? That girl I knew was my best friend! And you broke that friendship away. When I asked about her, all you said was that the girl didn't exist? Then who is she in the photos? A ghost?"
 
 
Minho was getting madder. He was trying his best to not shout at his mother. His father in the other hand just kept quiet. 
 
 
"Minho, Omma lied because I had too..."
 
 
"Tell me why then. WHY?"
 
 
"Because... Because...."
 
 
His father suddenly spoke to his wife, "Yeah, I've always wondered why you didn't allow me and Minho to meet Siwon and Taeyeon. You gave me a lame reason saying you were jealous of my late wife having a best friend like Taeyeon and that you didn't have anyone in your life. I thought that reason was justified. I guess I was stupid too to believe you."
 
 
Sulli's parents names were Siwon and Taeyeon. 
 
 
At this point of time, Minho's stepmother was at the edge of bursting. 
 
 
"For fourteen years in my life, I never once felt that you love me Seung Hyun! When I found out that I was supposed to marry you twenty five years ago, I was so happy. I was so happy that my father and your father arranged such marriage for us. But things changed when you brought that stupid Park Bom home, God knows why your parents love her so much! That girl ruined my life. I was going to marry you when she came in. When I heard that she died, I was so happy, I told my father to quickly propose the marriage to your father, in which your father agreed. I hate looking at Taeyeon. Whenever I look at her, I will be reminded of that stupid Park Bom! Sadly, we couldn't have another child because of the hierachy..."
 
 
A slap flew into Eunjung's face. 
 
 
"Bom is my only true love, Eunjung. There is no way I'll ever open up my heart to love someone like you!"
 
 
"Wow. My step mother is such a !" Minho retorted. He was furious. "Do YOU think you'll ever replace my mother? No way in hell!"
 
 
Minho stormed into his room and started packing his clothes. He wanted to leave home, at least for now. He started to despise his step mother. He knew she was keeping from him something. Well actually two things that were so precious to his heart. One, his mother. Two, his beloved childhood friend. 
 
 
Minho stormed out of the house. He could hear Eunjung running after him screaming, "I love you son! You're just like my own son!!! Please don't run away!!"
 
 
Minho went into his car and drove off. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Author's Note

 

A short update for you readers :)

 

I hope you like this chapter. Please comment and subscribe :)