Chapter 4

Secret (Boys Before Flowers Sequel)

 

"And I think...one of the hardest parts of living is to let go." She said

 

 

 

 

"Noona, promise me that you'll be fine, okay?" Says Dae Jung to Steffie. Steffie smiles.

"Sweetheart..." Calls Ah Young to Steffie. Steffie looks at Ah Young.

"Be good. Don't be too tired, okay?" Says Ah Young as she hugs her daughter. Steffie lets go of her mom's hug.

"You might be late." Steffie says as she gives her mom the airplane tickets. Ah Young smiles.

"Take care noona!" Says Dae Jung as he waves his hand to Steffie while he starts to walk away.

"Bye sweetheart!" Says Ah Young as she smiles to her daughter. Steffie smiles bitterly. Soon enough, Dae Jung's and Ah Young's silhouettes have gone into the crowds. Steffie turns away and walks away from the airport building.

"Agassi..." Says Steffie's family driver as he opens the car door to Steffie. Steffie then gets in the car. All the way home, Steffie stucks in silence; getting lost in her own mind. She feels a lot of loneliness. She tries to hold her tears, but she can't. Steffie starts to cry silently.

 

 

<3

 

 

Ji Hoo walks around his house. He seems to can't believe that tomorrow is Jandi and Jun Pyo's enggagement party. He walks out to the backyard as he sips a glass of wine on his hand. He takes a deep breathe and looks up to the night sky. Stars are glowing everywhere on the night sky, even when the moon isn't there. Ji Hoo gets into his house again. He sits on the couch. Then he reaches for his phone. He looks up to Jandi's number on his cell phone contacts. Ji Hoo wants to call her. But he just can't. He puts his phone back to the table. He closes his eyes. He doesn't realize that his grandfather is actually looking at him since he sits on the couch.

"Why don't you sleep?" Ji Hoo's grandfather, Yoon Seok Young, suddenly asks. Ji Hoo opens his eyes.

"Harabeoji...." Ji Hoo says as he looks up to Seok Young. Seok Young walks to the couch. He sits beside Ji Hoo.

"Harabeoji, why don't you sleep already?" Asks Ji Hoo to Seok Young.

"Ji Hoo-ya, I should be the one who asks you that question." Says Seok Young. Ji Hoo still in silence.

"Why don't you sleep?" Asks Seok Young again. Ji Hoo looks at Seok Young.

"I can't sleep." Says Ji Hoo.

"Why? Is it because of tomorrow?" Asks Seok Young again. Ji Hoo still being so quiet.

"Listen, Ji Hoo-ya. If she is really yours, she will come back to you. Don't worry. If she doesn't, you'll find another one too, sooner or later. You just need to open your heart." Seok Young says. Ji Hoo looks at Seok Young and smiles.

"You should go to sleep now." Says Seok Young as he gets up and walks back to his room.

"Harabeoji..." Calls Ji Hoo. Seok Young turns his head and looks at Ji Hoo.

"Gamsahamnida, jaljayo." Says Ji Hoo to Seok Young. Seok Young smiles.

 

 

<3

 

 

"Annyeonghasseo, agassi!" Greets one of the maids in Steffie's house. Chae Rim smiles. She walks towards to Steffie's room. She knocks the door slowly.

"Agassi...it's time to wake up...." Says Chae Rim.

"Agassi..." Chae Rim says again as she knocks the door. Chae Rim keeps on knocking the door until she can hear Steffie talks.

"Stop it Chae Rim-ah, I know it's you." Says Steffie. Chae Rim walks in to Steffie's room.

"Get up! It's 8am already!" Says Chae Rim as she pull the blanket off from Steffie.

"Don't want!" Says Steffie as she pulls the blanket back to cover her body.

"Gettttt uppppp!" Says Chae Rim again as she tries to pull the blanket off from Steffie. Steffie holds the blanket so that Chae Rim can't take the blanket off from her.

"Mwo! Why are you here so early? I want to sleep..." Steffie mumbles as she pouts and take a pillow to cover her head and her face. Chae Rim starts to think of another way to wake Steffie up.

"I met that guy! The guy you told me about!" Says Chae Rim suddenly.

"Nde?" Steffie says as she starts to take off the pillow from her face.

"You mean Ji Hoo?" Steffie asks as she starts to sit on her bed. Chae Rim nods.

"When??" Asks Steffie again.

"No! I won't tell you about it until you take a bath!" Chae Rim says.

"Chae Rim-ah...." Says Steffie

"In the count of 5 if you don't go to the bathroom yet, I won't ever tell you about it!" Says Chae Rim as she smiles widely.

"Mwo???" Steffie says, she feels confused

"One....Two.....Three...." Chae Rim says but she is stopped by Steffie

"Ahrasseo! Ahrasseo! I will take a bath now!" Says Steffie as she pouts and goes to the bathroom. Chae Rim smiles.

 

 

<3

 

 

"Song Woo Bin!" Ha Jae Kyung shouts as she runs to Woo Bin who is standing in a gift shop.

"Jae Kyung?" Says Woo Bin as he turns around

"You're here! I thought that you're not in Korea anymore." Says Woo Bin to Jae Kyung as he smiles

"I'm here! I should come to Jandi and Jun Pyo's enggagement party!" Says Jae Kyung cheerfully. Woo Bin nods.

"So, what are you doing around here?" Asks Jae Kyung

"Me?" Asks Woo Bin back. Jae Kyung nods.

"I'm looking for a present." Woo Bin says.

"For Jandi and Jun Pyo?" Asks Jae Kyung. Woo Bin nods.

"Let's go find it together!" Says Jae Kyung cheerfully.

 

 

<3

 

 

Steffie combs her hair in front of the mirror near her cupboard. Chae Rim sits, she is playing Steffie's cell phone.

"I'm finished! Now tell me how you met him!" Steffie says as she turns her head to Chae Rim. Chae Rim smiles widely.

"Mwo??" Steffie asks as she walks closer to Chae Rim. Chae Rim smiles even more widely.

"Isanghae... You........you didn't meet him, did you?" Asks Steffie suddenly to Chae Rim. Chae Rim is still smiling widely. Steffie pouts.

"Mianhe Steffie-ya. I came here because I know that you're sad even before I came here. I know you miss Dae Jung, right?” says Chae Rim. Steffie looks at Chae Rim.

“Let’s take a walk and then eat ice cream! I’ll treat you the ice cream!” says Chae Rim as she smiles widely to Steffie.

“Ara..” Steffie finally says as she smiles to Chae Rim.

 

 

 

<3

 

 

 

Steffie is her ice cream. Suddenly she remembers about something.

“Aigo! What time is it now?” asks Steffie suddenly

“Mmmhm, almost 3pm now.” Says Chae Rim

“Omo! Omo!” says Steffie as she tries to find her cell phone. She finally finds her cell phone. Then, she searches for Ji Hoo’s number and then, fiercely, she calls him.

“Yoboseyo?" says the person on the other side of the phone

“Yoboseyo, Ji Hoo-ya?” asks Steffie

“Nde?” says Ji Hoo on the phone

“Ummm, today is the enggagement party right?” asks Steffie to Ji Hoo on the phone

“Ne..” Ji Hoo answers

"Ummm, we will go together, right?" Asks Steffie. She can hear a quick silence on the other side of the phone.

"Ne.." Says Ji Hoo again

"Where should we meet then?" Asks Steffie again excitedly on the phone as she takes a quick gaze at Chae Rim. Chae Rim surprised with what she hears.

"Ne.. See you there!" Says Steffie as she smiles widely.