Chapter 3

Secret (Boys Before Flowers Sequel)

 

When your heart beats faster, what does it mean? Will it kill you?

 

 

Ji Hoo can hear Steffie is talking to him. He can hear that she is calling him an idiot. Ji Hoo opens his eyes. He, himself, can't believe that he could fall asleep on Steffie's shoulder. Ji Hoo can see that Steffie who was smiling then suddenly become surprised when he opens his eyes. Ji Hoo soon moves his head and gets up then walks away.

"Wait!" Steffie shouts as she runs to Ji Hoo

"I thought you said that you won't shout anymore." Ji Hoo says

"Ah, mianhae... Wait..." Says Steffie with her voice lower than usual, maybe almost whispering. Steffie is now walking beside Ji Hoo.

"Why are you following me?" Ji Hoo asks

"I'm not following you. I'm walking with you, beside you." Steffie answers. Ji Hoo looks at her coldly. Steffie just doesn't care with the looks.

"Where are we going?" Steffie asks again cheerfully

"I'm going home." Ji Hoo says

"How about me?" Steffie asks. Ji Hoo still being so quiet. Steffie pouts. She is still walking beside him until suddenly Ji Hoo says, "You go home too, okay?". Steffie nodded her head with heavy-heartedly. Ji Hoo looks at Steffie and then he goes to a different direction than Steffie.

"Annyeong!" Steffie shouts again as she looks back to Ji Hoo. Ji Hoo waves his hand to Steffie without looking back.

 

 

<3

 

 

Ga Eul fills another cup of tea. She sits again on the table placed at the corner of the restaurant and sips that cup of tea she just filled.

"Ga Eul ah, that is your fourth cup of tea.." Bom Chun Sik, her boss, says to Ga Eul. Ga Eul pouts.

"I've been waiting here for half an hour but he just doesn't show up anywhere yet." Ga Eul says as she pouts.

"You haven't eat. Maybe you would like a bowl of porridge. I’ll go back to the kitchen to make it for you, okay?" Chun Sik says

"Gomawo.." Ga Eul says with a little smile on her face. Chun Sik goes to the kitchen. Now Ga Eul waits for Yi Jung alone at the corner of the restaurant.

Ga Eul was stirring the tea with a little spoon while her mind was going somewhere, until suddenly she saw a metal of rose fell into her tea. She looks up, she sees Yi Jung is standing behind her, smiling, holding red roses. Ga Eul smiles cheerfully.

"Gomawoyo!" Says Ga Eul to Yi Jung as she tries to take the flowers

"Aniya.. This is not for you. I'm going to put it into a vase in my office room." Says Yi Jung as he tries to stop Ga Eul from taking the flowers away. Ga Eul pouts. Then, Yi Jung and Ga Eul walks towards to the exit door.

"Mwo? I'm here, waiting for you for half an hour and you just came here without saying sorry for coming late or giving me something.." Ga Eul mumbles as she pouts and looks down to the floor while she walks beside Yi Jung. Yi Jung can only smile listening to what Ga Eul says. They are now outside.

"Mian, forgive me for coming late. Try to look up." Says Yi Jung nicely to Ga Eul. Ga Eul looks up. She sees someone's holding lots of colorful balloons and roses. Ga Eul thoughts that this time, those flowers and balloons are for someone else again.

"This time, those are for you." Yi Jung says, as if he knows what Ga Eul thinks of.

"For me?" Ga Eul says as she smiles and looks at Yi Jung happily then goes toward to the person who holds all the balloons and colorful flowers. Yi Jung smiles as he sees Ga Eul is being really happy. He feels something... His heart; his heart is now beating faster just by looking at her smiling. Beating so fast that he thought that he would die because of it. This is the first time he could feel this way again after Cha Eun Jae, his first love, left him. Ga Eul walks back to Yi Jung while she is holding those balloons and flowers. She's now standing right beside him.

"Eum.. Gomawoyo. I love these. But where do I have to put all of these? Should I bring all of the balloons and roses along with us?" Asks Ga Eul as she looks deep into Yi Jung's eyes, smiling.

"I can ask someone to send the balloons and the roses to your house if you want." Yi Jung says as he smiles to Ga Eul. Ga Eul looks at Yi Jung happily. Once again, he, Yi Jung, feels his heart is going to jump.

 

Chun Sik goes out of the kitchen. He looks around but he can't find Ga Eul anywhere. He is still holding a bowl of porridge that he's going to give to Ga Eul.

"Where is she..." Chun Sik mumbles to himself as he keeps on looking around.

"She's not here anymore..." He says.

"I'm going to eat it since she's not here.." Chun Sik continues to mumble again as he takes a quick gaze at the porridge he just made. Then Chun Sik sits on a table he used to sit with Ga Eul and he eats all of the porridge he just made.

 

<3

 

"Welcome home, Agassi. The hot water is already served." Says one of the servants in that big white mansion. Steffie is just walking toward her room, ignoring what her servant says. She close the door and then lets herself fall onto her bed. She reaches for her cell phone that is placed on the table besides her bed. She is then trying to reach for her bag that is placed on the other side of the bed. She's then searching for the little note that she always keep in her bag. When she finds it, she opens the note, and finally sees Ji Hoo's cell phone number. She types Ji Hoo's number on her cell phone and then saves it as one of her contacts in her cell phone. Suddenly, there's a sound of a car outside her house. Steffie then goes out of her room and runs down the stairs to see who's coming. Then that's just like what she expected, that's her mom who is coming home.

"Umma!" She shouts as she runs to her mom, hugging her.

"Sweetheart..." Park Ah Young, Steffie's mom says as she hugs her daughter, Steffie, back.

"Umma!" Then, there is Dae Jung, Steffie's brother, coming from behind, he runs straight to her mom.

"Appa Oediya?" Dae Jung suddenly asks to his mom.

"He's still on a business trip, honey. Nan Mianhaeyo." Ah Young says to her son. Dae Jung seems a little disappointed.

"Let's eat! I want to eat seaweed soup that you make, Umma!" Says Steffie suddenly with a happy face.

"Hey weird name! Umma's just got home, she is tired and should get rest!" Says Dae Jung to Steffie. Steffie pouts.

"Her name doesn't weird, Dae Jung." Ah Young says to Dae Jung.

"But it really just doesn't sound korean at all!" Says Dae Jung.

"Well, appa is a chinese, right? So that time when Steffie was born, it's appa that gave her name. And when you were born, it's me that gave you name, Dae Jung." Says Ah Young to her kids as she smiles to them. Steffie looks at Dae Jung with the you-know-i-win look and smiles. And Dae Jung looks at Steffie as he pouts.

 

<3

 

 

"Ga Eul ah, until when will you work part time in that porridge house?" Asks Yi Jung suddenly.

"Until Jandi and me find a new real job. Or until Chun Sik finds new people who will work there." Says Ga Eul as she eats her ice cream. Yi Jung looks at Ga Eul.

"It's not even hot and you eat ice cream?" Yi Jung says

"Not your problem! Nan Ice Cream joah." Answer Ga Eul

"Hey!" Yi Jung says to Ga Eul. Ga Eul looks at Yi Jung.

"What?" Ga Eul asks

"If the weather is cold, don't eat ice cream." Says Yi Jung

"Waeyo?" Ga Eul asks again

"You could catch a flu." Says Yi Jung. Ga Eul suddenly smiles widely and looks up to Yi Jung who sits beside him on the park bench.

"Mwo?" Yi Jung asks confusedly looking at Ga Eul.

"You care about me, don't youu???" Asks Ga Eul suddenly to Yi Jung as she hold her laughs. Yi Jung surprised to hear such a question.

"Mwo-rago??" Asks Yi Jung again as he tries to look calm.

"Admit it, you care about me, right?" Asks Ga Eul again to Yi Jung, she is still holding her laughs.

"Aniya, nan aniya! You have such too much confidence!" Says Yi Jung to Ga Eul awkwardly as he tries to denies what Ga Eul says and tries to look calm. Ga Eul laughs to Yi Jung.

 

 

<3

 

 

"Goo Jun Pyo!" Shouts Jandi.

"Mwo?" Asks Jun Pyo to Jandi as he tries to eat the raw instant ramyun without being cooked.

"You can't eat it like that! You should cook it first." Says Jandi to Jun Pyo as she tries to take the raw instant ramyun from Jun Pyo hands.

"Give it back!" Jun Pyo says to Jandi as he tries to take it back from Jandi. Jandi doesn't give the raw instant ramyun back to Jun Pyo.

"Give it to me or you can cook it for me." Says Jun Pyo to Jandi.

"Don't want to do both." Says Jandi

"Neo...!" Shouts Jun Pyo as he starts to chase Jandi around his house. Suddenly, there's a sound of car, Jun Pyo and Jandi just don't realize that until suddenly, Kang Hee Soo, Jun Pyo's mom is coming in to the house. Jandi stood there beside Jun Pyo awkwardly. Jun Pyo still in silence looking at his mom. Kang Hee Soo looking back at Jun Pyo and Jandi.

"Be ready for Saturday. Don't humiliate me in front of a lot of people." Says Hee Soo as she went away into the house, maybe to her room. Jun Pyo and Jandi are looking at each other confusedly.

 

 

<3

 

 

 

"Dae Jung ah, Uri Adeul..." Ah Young says to her son as she stirs the tea and sits on the dining room. Dae Jung looks at his mom.

"Nde?" Asks Dae Jung as he continues on eating.

"I need you to continue your study with us to Europe." Says Ah Young. Steffie stops eating and looks at her mom. Steffie and Dae Jung both look surprised.

"What? Does it mean we all will go to Europe soon?" Asks Steffie.

"No, only Dae Jung, Steffie ah." Says Ah Young as she looks at Steffie sadly.

"W-w-what?" Asks Steffie again surprisedly. Dae Jung looks confused. Ah Young looks guilty.

"You stay here, honey. Dae Jung will go to Europe on Friday." Says Ah Young.

"But......tomorrow is Friday! And...you.....you will stay here with me right? Or..appa! Appa will come home and stay with me right??" Asks Steffie. She starts to feel sad....or angry.

"I'm sorry..." Says Ah Young guilty.

"But umma! Who will stay with noona then?" Asks Dae Jung worries

"There will be servants who will take care of noona 24 hour per day. And we will go home every summer and every Christmas." Says Ah Young sadly.

"I'm so sorry, sweetheart." Ah Young says again to Steffie as she take a sip of her tea. She looks sad and guilty.

"Umma...." Says Dae Jung

"But....can I just come with you guys to Europe?" Asks Steffie again as she starts to hold hear tears.

"I'm sorry. But we're afraid that you might become too tired....and sick again. That's what happened the last time we moved here, remember?" Ah Young says again, this time she looks sad and guilty. Dae Jung looks confused and worry.

"This is unfair!" Steffie starts to cry and she runs to her room. She doesn't care that she hasn't finished her dinner yet. Ah Young now is feeling really sad and guilty. Dae Jung runs to after his noona, Steffie.

"Noona!" Calls Dae Jung in front of Steffie's bedroom's door. Steffie is still in her room. She doesn't want to open the door.

"Noona, open the door.." Says Dae Jung, trying to persuade his noona.

"Go away!" Cries Steffie from inside the room.

"Noona, please open the door..." Once again Dae Jung is trying to persuade Steffie to open the door. But she still won't open the door.

"Hey weird name! Open the door!" Dae Jung starts to feel tired of persuading Steffie to open the door. Not long after Dae Jung says that, Steffie opens the door.

"Hey weird name!" Calls Dae Jung. Steffie starts to cry really hard again. Dae Jung confused, he doesn't know what to do. Ah Young runs to Steffie's room.

"Honey!" Ah Young runs and starts to hug Steffie. Dae Jung looks confused.

"Umma... Kajima... I don't want to be left alone.." Once again Steffie says to Ah Young and Dae Jung.

"We're sorry.." Says Ah Young again. Dae Jung and Ah Young both look sad and feel guilty.