Chapter 2

Secret (Boys Before Flowers Sequel)

 

Chapter 2

"God, I pray to You, please let me meet him once again. I'm begging You, please give me a second chance."

 

Jun Pyo's phone is ringing.

"Jun Pyo," says Ji Hoo

"Ji Hoo? What's up?" Asks Jun Pyo

"Sorry, I lost your invitation." Says Ji Hoo

"What? How come?" Jun Pyo confused

"Fell down to the sea." Says Ji Hoo

"Fell down to the sea? The sea?" Jun Pyo is getting more confused

"I was on the sea-bridge last afternoon, and there was a girl with a bicycle almost hit me, I dodged and I guess the invitation fell down to the sea." Ji Hoo explains.

"Alright, that's okay. By the way, can you please help me? Take Jandi to go shopping and help her to pick a nice dress for our enggagement in the next Saturday. Please?" Asks Jun Pyo. Jun Pyo can hear a quick silence on the other side of the phone.

"No problem." Ji Hoo says on the other side of the phone

"Great. Please pick her up today at 3pm on her work place, okay?" Says Jun Pyo

"Okay." Says Ji Hoo

"Thank you." Says Jun Pyo and he hungs up the phone.

 

 

 

                                                                                                                                             ♦

 

"Thank you! Come again!" Jandi says as she bows down to the customer in front of the door. Jandi starts to pick her things up.

"Jandi, Yi Jung said that he’s going to come." Says Chu Ga Eul, Geum Jandi’s best friend, cheerfully.

Jandi smiles widely listening to what Ga Eul just said.

“What is he going to do here?” asks Jandi curiously as she smiles widely and take a gaze at Ga Eul again.

“I…I don’t know. He just said that he’s going to come..” Ga Eul says. Her face is now blushy.

"Allright, take care of yourself! Don’t let him do something stupid to you. And, Ga Eul, I’ll go home first, okay?" Says Jandi cheerfully to her best friend

“Okay, I know how to take care of myself, don’t worry! You too Jandi, be careful!” Ga Eul says cheerfully

 

Jandi walks out and suddenly there's someone calling her.

"Jandi!" Called someone. Jandi turns her head, she sees Ji Hoo.

"Jandi, I've been waiting for you." Says Ji Hoo. Jandi smiles.

“Jun Pyo asked me to help you pick the dress for your enggagement party.” Says Ji Hoo

“Thanks! I guess it’ll be fun picking a woman dress with you!” Jandi says and laugh as they both walk together to Ji Hoo’s car.

 

 

 

                                                                                                                                             ♦

 

12.30 PM

 

“Oh, why is it so hot today!” Says Steffie as she is riding her bicycle. The sun feels like it’s exactly above her head. Sweats come down. Her stomach finally singing, asking her to give it foods. Steffie finally turn around and stop by the mall. She parked her bicycle and goes into the mall. She was wondering which food she would like to eat today, until she finally sees Yoon Ji Hoo on a boutique.

“Thank God!” She says as she runs to the boutique directly to talk to Ji Hoo. Ji Hoo is sitting on a couch, he seems like waiting for somebody to come out from the fitting room, Steffie realizes it, but she just doesn’t care.

“Ji Hoo!” Steffie shouts as she comes and sits next to the place where Ji Hoo sits.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” asks Ji Hoo softly

“I was planning to eat, but then I see you. What are you doing here?” Steffie asks

“I’m helping my friend to pick a dress for an enggagement party next Saturday.” Ji Hoo answers

“Ummm, the party which it’s invitation fell down to the sea?” Steffie asks

“Yes.” Ji Hoo smiles patiently

“So that’s an enggagement party?” Steffie asks again

“Yes it is.” Ji Hoo answers

“I feel bad, I’m sorry…” Steffie says

“Don’t feel bad, it’s okay.” Ji Hoo says as he smiles softly. Steffie looks at Ji Hoo in silence. She suddenly remembered what her best friend, Chae Rim said yesterday “Just, forget him, unless you meet him again; take that as your second chance, ask his number or something.”.

“Or….maybe I can do something to redeem my guilt? Maybe….I can go with you to your friend’s enggagement party, and I will tell them that actually I’m the one who lets your invitation fell down to the sea, and I can say sorry to them too!” Steffie says excitedly.

“No, it’s okay, I already tell them anyway, and that’s okay they said.” Ji Hoo says again as he smiles to Steffie.

“Please? It’s to redeem my guilt..” Steffie says again with a please-say-yes-to-what-i-ask face.

“Umm.. But.." Ji Hoo says, he actually doesn't want to let this girl, the girl that he thought still a stranger to him, to come with him to that enggagement party. But he can see on her eyes that she really feels guilty and he can't let this girl has that feeling everytime.

"Uhmm.." Mumbles Ji Hoo, he thinks for a while.

"Allright.” Ji Hoo finally says. Steffie is really happy now.

“Can I have your number? So that I could contact you whenever I need to know about your friend’s enggagement party.” Steffie says excitedly

“it’s 0120xxxxxxxx” Ji Hoo finally says softly to Steffie. Steffie writes the number on her little note that she always keeps in her bag.

“Alright! Thank you!” She says cheerfully

“Ji Hoo, what do you think of this dress?” Suddenly, Jandi comes out from the fitting room wearing a really beautiful dress. Steffie is wondering who is this girl and why is she so pretty. Ji Hoo looks at Jandi. Steffie can tell that actually Ji Hoo is wicked by the sight he sees. And the sight is Jandi. Steffie is slightly disappointed, but she just chooses to smile nicely.

"You look beautiful." Ji Hoo says to Jandi

"Thanks" Jandi smiles to Ji Hoo. Ji Hoo smiles back to Jandi softly. Steffie stucks in a silence covered with a smile. A sweet smile.

"Hi there!" Greets Jandi to Steffie. Steffie smiles nicely, no one notice her disappointment.

"Hey!" Greets Steffie back to Jandi

"Are you Ji Hoo's friend?" Asks Jandi to Steffie. Steffie stucks in silence again, she confused. She can't decide whether she is already Ji Hoo's friend or not. There's a quick silence happening.

"Yes. She is my friend." Ji Hoo suddenly says to Jandi. Steffie once again stucks in silence. She looks at Ji Hoo happily.

"Hi, what's your name then?" Jandi asks nicely to Steffie

"Steffie. Steffie Wang." Says Steffie to Jandi nicely

"Are you Ji Hoo's girlfriend?" Steffie suddenly asks to Jandi. without she realize it, she already asks the question that she didn't meant to ask directly to Jandi. Ji Hoo is surprised to hear the question.

"What?" Says Jandi as she laughs to the question Steffie asks.

"I'm not his girlfriend..." Jandi finally says softly to Steffie. Steffie laughs awkwardly to hear the answer.

"Yeah, she is my friend. The one who's going to enggaged." Ji Hoo says

"Oh..." Steffie mumbles and nodded his head.

"I'm hungry. I'm going to eat first. Bye! See you guys later!" Steffie says as she walks out the boutique awkwardly and waving her hands to Jandi and Ji Hoo, and Steffie can see that Jandi is waving her hand back and Ji Hoo is smiling to Steffie.

 

 

                                                                                                                                             ♦

 

2.00 PM

 

Chae Rim was taking a nap in her room when suddenly Steffie barged into her room.

"Wake up!" Steffie says as she jumps onto Chae Rim's bed. Chae Rim rubbed her sleepy eyes and looked at her best friend.

"What?" Chae Rim says as she yawns.

"Guess what!" Steffie says cheerfully

"Tell me directly now or I'm going back to sleep." Says Chae Rim

"Why do you have to be so mean?" Says Steffie as she pouts.

"Alright, alright, what is it?" Says Chae Rim finally as she sits on her own bed.

"You know what!!!! I meet him again!" Says Steffie amused

"Then?" Chae Rim asks lazily

"Chae Rim ah.. Do you even listening to meee???" Asks Steffie as she pouts again. Chae Rim then lets herself falls onto the bed and goes back to sleep. Steffie pouts as she goes out of Chae Rim's room.

 

 

                                                                                                                                             ♦

 

 

2.25 PM

 

Ji Hoo lays back on the park bench. The sun is shining through the trees, the lake seems like glowing because of the sunshine, the wind was blowing, that was a really calm relaxing afternoon. Ji Hoo was almost going to fall asleep on the park bench until suddenly he is surprised by the voice of a girl.

"WHY DOES SHE SO CARELESS!!" Shouts a girl in front of the lake. Ji Hoo takes a quick gaze at her. He tries to ignore her. But, the girl is keep on shouting loudly, ruining his beautiful calm afternoon.

"IT'S SO ANNOYING!!" She shouts again until suddenly there's Ji Hoo behind her back.

"Hey, can you stop...." Ji Hoo tries to talk to her, until suddenly the girl turns around. Ji Hoo is now surprised. The girl is Steffie.

"You?" Steffie asks confusedly, awkwardly

"Can you stop shouting like a mad cow?" Says Ji Hoo calmly. Steffie stands there, she looks down on the grass.

"Sorry..." Steffie says to Ji Hoo. But then when Steffie looks up again, Ji Hoo is already sitting on the park bench again. Steffie walks there and sits beside Ji Hoo.

"Hey, I'm sorry. Don't be upset. I won't shout again." Says Steffie to Ji Hoo. Ji Hoo is still being so quiet with his eyes closed.

"Ji Hoo..." Steffie calls. Ji Hoo opens his eyes slowly and looks at Steffie.

"That's okay. Just...don't be too noisy." Says Ji Hoo as he closes his eyes again. Steffie smiles.

"By the way, what are you doing around here?" Asks Steffie trying to start a conversation with Ji Hoo. Ji Hoo opens his eyes again and looks at Steffie.

"Trying to sleep." Says Ji Hoo.

"Sleep? Around here?" Asks Steffie confusedly

"Yes. That was before you're here." Says Ji Hoo, coldly. Ji Hoo is actually feels upset because of Steffie keeps on talking, but Steffie just doesn't realize it.

"I see. You look pretty tired." Steffie says. There's a quick silence happening again.

"Why were you shouting so loudly a few minutes ago?" Ji Hoo suddenly asks

"Trying to express what I'm feeling.." Answers Steffie

"Express what you're feeling?" Asks Ji Hoo again

"Yes. Since it is a quiet yet beautiful place, I like to express my feelings here. And right now I feel so upset! She, my best friend, just won't listen to me. I know, I shouldn't wake someone up when they're taking a nap, but at least, she's....." Steffie stops talking because of suddenly Ji Hoo's head is on her shoulder. Steffie can see that Ji Hoo's eyes are closed. She can tell that actually Ji Hoo falls asleep. Steffie looks at Ji Hoo, the wind was blowing through his hair, making Ji Hoo looks so wickedly lovely to Steffie, she just doesn't know whether she has to be mad or thankful for Ji Hoo's sleeping. Ji Hoo is just so amusing right now, and all Steffie can do is just staring at him sleeping on her shoulder. Steffie smiles.

"Idiot. How can you sleep in a place like this." She says softly as she keeps on staring at Ji Hoo. Ji Hoo suddenly opens his eyes and moves his head. Now they are just so close to each other in the middle of a big park with a glowing lake and beautiful trees as the wind is blowing softly through the trees, making some leaves from the trees falls down to the green-green grass.