Chapter 1

Secret (Boys Before Flowers Sequel)

 

 

Chapter 1

11.30am

Someone is knocking at the door. This brown haired guy still laying comfortably on his bed, not caring about the knocking at the door.

“Ji Hoo..” says someone. He, the brown haired guy, Yoon Ji Hoo, finally gets up from his bed and go to open the door.

“Yi Jung?” says Ji Hoo confused.

“Hi.” Said Seo Yi Jung as he goes into Ji Hoo’s room and sit on his bed.

“What are you doing here?” Ji Hoo asks.

“Giving you this.” Yi Jung says as he gives Ji Hoo an invitation. Ji Hoo opens the invitation.

“Yes. Jandi and Jun Pyo are going to engagged. Jun Pyo asked me to give this for you, he’s just really busy with Jandi, I guess.” Yi Jung says again.

“Good for them.” Says Ji Hoo as he puts the invitation on his desk.

“Yup. About the engaggement, have you knew it before?” Yi Jung asks.

“Jandi called me last night.” Ji Hoo says as he goes back to sleep.

“Hey! Man, it’s 11.30 am already, how can you sleep again?” Yi Jung complained. Ji Hoo ignored him, tries hard to hold all the pain he has.

“Hey wake up! Don’t sleep while I am here..” Yi Jung says as he keeps trying on waking Ji Hoo up. Then suddenly, Yi Jung’s cell phone is ringing.

“Hello? What? Okay, I’ll be right there.” Yi Jung says to someone on the phone.

“I’ve got to go, you can sleep again. Bye!” Yi Jung says as he rushes to get out of Ji Hoo’s room. Ji Hoo can hear the sound of his bedroom’s door closing.

“Jandi…” he says as he closes his eyes.

 

 

 

 

“Cool! You just broke the new record! You woke up at 1.45pm!” he says.

“Shut up! Is it really 1.45pm already?” she says. Her brother didn’t answer it.

“Hey, can you answer me?” she says again looking at her brother.

“You said that I have to be silent.” He says

“Shut up, Dae Jung!” She says as she walks back to her room.

"Whatever, Steffie. you're the only one who has such a weird name in this family." He says. Steffie looks back at her brother, Wang Dae Jung, angrily, then she just walks away again.

 

 

 

3.00pm

 

Ji Hoo gets off his car. He walks to see how wide the sea is, to see how orange the sun in the afternoon is. Ji Hoo is holding the invitation. Suddenly a girl come with a bicycle, she almost hit him with her bicycle. Ji Hoo dodged and she, the girl, falls off the bike.

"Shiz." She says as she looks at her elbow.

"Are you okay?" Ji Hoo asks. The girl, Steffie, looks back at him. For a moment, they both looking through each other eyes. Trying to find something, eyes locked as the wind blew through their hair.

"Ehm.. Yeah, I'm cool." She suddenly says, breaking the ice. She acts awkwardly. Ji Hoo smiles.

"Come on. Let me help you standing up." He says as he holds her arms, helping her to stand up.

"Thanks." She says. Ji Hoo smiles. Then, Ji Hoo puts his hand back into his hoodie's pocket. He can feel that the invitation isn't there. Ji Hoo rushes to find the invitation on all over the hoodie. He can't find it.

"What are you looking for?" Asks Steffie

"An invitation." Ji Hoo says while he keeps on looking for the invitation on all over his hoodie.

"Red one?" She asks.

"Yes. You see it?" Ji Hoo asks.

"I guess it fell down to the sea." Steffie says as she goes to the side of the bridge, trying to see the invitation. Ji Hoo looks down to the sea, seeing the invitation.

"Let me help." Steffie says as she tries to take the invitation back from the sea. She almost fall.

"Hey! Stop. Are you crazy?" Ji Hoo says as he holds her arms once again.

"I'm sorry." Steffie says

"Why are you sorry? Don't try to do such a thing again, okay?" He says to her.

"I'm sorry your invitation has gone now, that's all because of I almost hit you with my bike." She says again sadly

"What a funny accent you have." Ji Hoo laughs

"Hey! I'm serious! I'm sorry. Don't joke with me." She says

"Yes, yes, okay, that's okay.. Sorry..." Ji Hoo says as he tries to stop his laughter.

"Hey!" She says, as she finally laughs too. They both then finaly laugh together on the bridge, accompanied by the orange light from the sun, the wind that comes from far across the sea, and the sound of the waves trying to catch up with each other.

 

Ji Hoo stops laughing and smiles. Steffie smiles widely. Ji Hoo looks through her eyes.

"So, what's your name?" Ji Hoo opened the conversation

"Steffie. Steffie Wang. You?" She smiles

"Yoon Ji Hoo." He says

"Cool name!" She says

"You're not really from Korea, are you?" Ji Hoo suddenly asks

"Yep. How do you know?" Steffie asks

"Your name sounds different and your accent sounds funny." Ji Hoo says as he gazes at her and smiles. Steffie giggles.

"Why is it funny?" Steffie asks

"It just sounds funny." Ji Hoo smiles

"So, where do you come from?" Ji Hoo asks again

"I've been living in Hongkong for the past twenty years. My mom is a Korean, and my dad is a Chinese." She said

"Cool. How do you get here? In Seoul?" Ji Hoo asks again

"Why do you ask so much? My dad is a businessman who travels a lot." She says as she giggles a little bit. Ji Hoo smiles.

"So, what are you doing here by the sea-bridge?" Steffie asks. Ji Hoo doesn't answer her, he just smile and take a quick gaze at her and then back to look at the sea. Steffie stands beside him so they could look at the sea together.

 

 

 

 

"Chae Rim!" Steffie runs to her bestfriend.

"Do you really have to run?" She asks. Chae Rim is Steffie's best friend. They met in pre-school in Hongkong, and since that, they are always together, even their houses and their dads are close. She's a chinese half korean. Her dad is a korean and Steffie’s dad work colleague. She really cares about her best friend.

"Guess what???!" Steffie says happily.

"What?" Chae Rim asks back

"I met a guy, his name is Ji Hoo. And...." Steffie is not finishing what she says.

"Come on, stop making me curious." Chae Rim says.

"He's really a guy! A kind of guy!" Steffie says again

"Yeah, I know, he is a guy.. Then what?" Chae Rim says

"His eyes are like stars, and his voice is just so soft. And...oh my God, he really is the kind of guy!" Steffie says excitedly.

"You like him?" Chae Rim asks as she smiles and look at her best friend curiously. Steffie smiles at her best friend, her face starts to be red.

"You like him, don't you??" Chae Rim asks excitedly

"Mmm, he's just..." Steffie mumbles and starts to smile at her best friend.

"I guess you should go pursue him!" Chae Rim says

"How?" Steffie asks innocently

"Call him, go to his house, or just do something to make him closer to you!" Chae Rim says excitedly

"I don't have his numbers.." Steffie says disappointly

"His house?" Chae Rim asks. Steffie shakes his head.

"How could you be that stupid??! You like him yet you didn't ask any of that. It's no different than you, liking, a, stranger!" Chae Rim says sarcastically

"Ah come on.." Steffie says sadly

"Forget him." Chae Rim says. Steffie stucks in the silence.

"Just, forget him, unless you meet him again; take that as your second chance, ask his number or something." Chae Rim gives Steffie an advice and smiles.

"Alright..." Steffie says disappointly