Chapter 7: Visions

Niga Silh-eo!! Saranghaeyo!!:Choi Seung-hyun/TOP (Discontinued)

New York City

1926


 

Fleurette sat on a bar stool running her finger along the rim of her cocktail glass. She uncrossed and recrossed her long legs the tassels on her short dress shifting with the movement. A rather tall man removed his hat as he took the seat next to her she sighed heavily. “I thought I told ya I don't wanna see you or your friends ugly mugs ever again.” A Brooklyn accent thick with slang filled speech left her lips. She pulled out a cigarette and the man lit it silently. “You're pathetic you know? Chasing a dying broad around like some lost pup.”

He opened his mouth to speak but decided against it and shut it once more. “You've gone soft Seung-hyun, you hear about my fate from fox face and suddenly you feel all sore, If anything you should be happy about it, should be throwin a damn party right about now.”

He finally speaks “You're drunk.” She made an annoyed sound. “What are you my ma? Pipe down or get lost.” She looked irritated but in her drunken stupor she got over it rather quickly. “Listen, Seung-hyun...” a long pause “...if this worlds gonna take me out every time I'd rather it'd be you who does me in instead okay?” She lay her head down on the counter, when Seung-hyun heard the chiming of a clock he looked at his pocket watch twelve o’clock on the dot, He turned to Fleurette to mumble a 'Happy Birthday' but before he could open his mouth his sharp ears noticed her breathing and heart beat had completely stopped.


 

As usual the only ones to attend her funeral were Fernand, The Kwon brothers and himself.


 

_____ gasped loudly as she shot up in bed she clutched her chest. Another one...she was starting to see more and more of these visions. She rolled over trying to get back to sleep. She shut her eyes but soon found herself opening them again. This continued for a while until she decided to get up and write down what she had seen in her diary adding a few sketches here and there.

 

She finished around four in the morning then stumbled back to bed. ______ found that she couldn't get back to sleep until she at least wrote down what had happened in her dreams so it became a pattern: Dream weird thing, wake up, write it down, go back to sleep. Over the past few months ______ had filled three thick journals with excerpts from her supposed previous lives. She wanted to show them to Seung-hyun to see if any of it was true or not but she decided it'd be better if she didn't.


 

..:*°☆..:*°☆..:*°☆..:*°☆


 

_____ yawed loudly as she sat at her table drinking a tall glass of iced black coffee. Today was a Saturday and she and Jin-hee had a photo shoot with the trio to attend. Jin-hee sat across from her flipping through a fashion magazine face resting on her left palm. She leaned over to sip her juice her large orbs still glued to the magazine’s contents. “You know Myung-ki oppa's gonna be livid when he sees those dark bags under your eyes.”

_____ slouched in her seat taking a bite out of a strawberry. “Ugh I know don't remind me. He can cover it with makeup though so it shouldn't be too bad.”


 

They finished their breakfast and headed to the studio chatting about different things along the way. Two train rides later they arrived. Myung-ki was indeed livid with the shape ____'s eyes were in but he quickly got over it covering them with makeup.


 

As Jin-hee sat getting her makeup done _____, whose makeup was now complete walked up to Sang-min who was currently putting the finishing touches on the accessories for the shoot. “Sang-min oppa can I ask your opinion on something?” With a quick glance in her direction he smiled his usual smile and nodded continuing his work. “Sure what is it?” She paused for a moment. “You believe in reincarnation yes?” he nodded once as he began to add said accessories to her arms neck and hair. She continued lifting her arms and moving so it was easier for him. “Then do you think it would be possible for someone to dream about events from their past life?” He thought for a moment as he adjusted the flower crown on her head. “Yes that's possible I've heard of cases where it happens to young kids. They say that's the only point in your life where you'd be able to remember such a thing. Once you get older those memories will be long gone.” a pause as he finished adjusting the flower crown. “Though I suppose if someone older has some psychic ability they might be able to see something from a past life. Why do you ask?”


 

She put her arms down. “No particular reason, I was just a little curious. He smiled down at her. “I see, if you have any more questions about reincarnation feel free to ask me any time.” She grinned back. “Thanks!” Jae snapped a picture of them. “If you love birds are done I'd like to start the shoot. Sang-min smirked _____ on the other hand looked shocked and embarrassed. “Yah! Jae oppa don't go around assuming things!!” Sang-min snorted. “I see my sisters rubbed off on you.” _____ held her thumb and pointer finger about an inch apart. “A little bit!”


 

Jin-hee stuck her tongue out at both of them.


 

Monday came all too quickly and _____ found herself in Mr. Choi's class room, handing him a homemade lunch. He raised a neatly trimmed brow but took the bag. “Whats this?” Her attention shifted to the right side of the room. “Its a thank you, for telling me about Fleurette.” He blinked opening the bag . “So I guess this means I've satisfied your curiosity about her?” She nodded once shifting her weight from her left to her right leg. He gave her his classic frown but his eyes twinkled like a kids. “I'll eat it then.” She bowed and left fiddling with her skirt.


 

Seung-hyun sighed as he removed the containers of food from the bag. He opened the them and sniffed the contents. Nothing about the food seemed off so he dug in. To his surprise everything was delicious.


 

After school he returned the now clean containers.

Thanks for the meal” She took the bag. “I'm surprised you actually eat it. I assumed you would have thrown it out thinking it was an assassination attempt.”


 

No I figured it would be fine.”

____ smirked a bit. “So that either means you trust me a bit or you don't think I'm stupid enough to try to kill you at school, progress.”

You cheeky punk...”

She snickered “I need to go home and start dinner. See you tomorrow Seonsaeng-nim.” before he could say anything else she bowed then walked away.


 

It didn't take ____ long to notice he was following her. She stopped turning to face him. “What are you doing?” Seung-hyun smirked. “Following you.” _____ frowned a bit. “I can see that. Why are you following me?” He shrugged. “I have a conference with your dad.” _____ was unable to hide the slightly annoyed expression that appeared on her face. “And neither of you saw fit to tell me about it?”


 

Seung-hyun stared for a bit recalling Fleur giving him the same expression whenever he pissed her off. Why did he suddenly find it so cute? He tuned back into what she was saying and caught the end of her rant. She rubbed her temples as if she was trying to get rid of an oncoming headache “So help me god if you and my father get drunk on a week night again!”


 

They walked the rest of the way in silence ____ huffing and puffing the whole way. Seung-hyun couldn't tell if she was annoyed with him, her father, or the both of them.


 

Once they arrived Fernand opened his mouth to greet them but stopped short when he noticed it was his daughter who looked rather angry as she pointed to her teacher. “Please don't get too drunk tonight, I have homework so I'll see you later.”


 

Both men watched as she stomped over to the elevator and punched the up button. Seung-hyun looked amused “You forgot to tell her I was coming, she was pissed.” Fernand cursed under his breath calling out a 'Sorry honey!' over the music. He then motioned for Seung-hyun to follow him they both sat at the bar.


 

At first they talked about ____'s grades but as the liquor flowed they began to talk about the past. “Its awful that she has to die so young you know? I've never even gotten to walk her down the isle.” Fernand sighed. “Its such a shame I always thought she'd make such a lovely bride.”


 

Seung-hyun stared at his drink quietly agreeing with him. Sure he and Fleur fought like cats and dogs but he had always thought she was an attractive woman, though he'd never actually say that to her face. And there was no denying she thought he was some what attractive as well, she'd sometimes refer to him as 'lady- killer' the double meaning of course made him snicker.


 

A lazy slap on the back brought his attention back to the drunk French man next to him. “Are you guys gonna fight again? When the time comes I mean?” Seung-hyun stared at him a while frowning. “I'm not sure.” a small pause. “I'd rather not think about it, not for a while at least.” Fernand nodded his head bobbing limply.


 

Seung-hyun's eyes shifted to the stage as the music to a familiar Jazz song starts. His vision flashes to black and white and the young woman in pink on stage transforms into Fleurette. The sound of a match being lit temporarily catches Seung-hyun's attention. He glances back to see Ji-yong lighting his cigarette as Fleur begins to sing. The room is silent mesmerized but her smooth voice. He turns back around to watch the performance.


 

A single spotlight shines down almost making her look ethereal. He rolls his eyes. Seung-hyun leans over whispering to Ji-yong remembering they had conversation but he cant exactly remember what it was about. By the time they finished Fleurette sings the last line of the song the spotlight slowly dims as she bows the audience erupts into applause with a few loud whistles.


 

He blinked and once again the woman in pink was on stage bowing and Fleurette and Ji-yong were no where to be seen. Fernand snapped in front of his companions eyes. “Where were you just now, if you don't mind me asking.” Seung-hyun sighed rubbing his eyelids. “New York, March thirteenth 1925” Fernand nodded remembering that year vividly. “That was a hard year.”


 

Time passed, Seung-hyun glanced up and noticed everyone with the exception of the cleaning staff, Fernand and himself had gone home. That ended a few moments later when the elevator dinged. The doors opened revealing ____ with two plates. She sat one down in front of her father and Seung-hyun. “Eat this and go to bed dad.” Fernand gave a small “Oui” and dug in.


 

She turned her attention to her Seonsaeng-nim. “You don't look drunk, but I'll call you a cab once you're done eating.” Seung-hyun nodded in thanks and took a bite out of the donkatsu on his plate. He couldn't help but wonder how she'd gotten so good at cooking.


 

..:*°☆..:*°☆..:*°☆..:*°☆


 

Seung-hyun didn't remember much on the cab ride home however he woke up the next morning craving more of those cutlets.

 

Afterward

Hey its been so long since I updated sorry about that i wa gonna ry to better about updating this but I got so busy and once again life got in the way. But once again I wanna assure  my Subs thats this story will not be discontinued.

Thats all for now.

-Ducky