Chapter 8

Minjun's Secret Life

Minjun hesitated at his door.  Should he knock?  But it was his room, should he just open the door to prove he was the owner?


He sighed, confused and unhappy.  He rested his head against the door.  He really wanted to bash his head against the wall, but all that would happen was a gigantic headache.


He slowly, quietly, opened the door to his room.  His room wasn’t trashed like he was expecting.  There wasn’t anything broken that he could see.


What he did find was the girl, curled up on top of his bed, asleep and facing the wall.


This was his first chance to observe her.  She had pale skin, he thought was unusual because he remembered his mother mentioning that she had been living in Las Vegas, in the U.S.  He remembered Jo Kwon (조권) mentioning that Las Vegas was very hot when he went there during the Wonder World Tour1.  She had long eyelashes.  He remembered she had big, brown, cow eyes, like Chansung’s.  She had a small nose and long, black hair.  Her hair made Minjun wonder if their mothers’ had been in contact, specifically if his own mother had been passing on information about things that he liked2.


Minjun touched her shoulder and shook it gently.  He watched her eyelashes flutter and her eyes opened.


She her back and stared up at Minun.  He was mesmerized by her eyes, they shifted from a light brown to a dark green.  “Your teeth are different.”


Minjun was startled.  It was the first time she had spoken.  Ah, so its English.  Wait... did she just talk about my teeth?  She was only 10 years-old the only other time we met, how can she remember my teeth?  “이름이 무엇이에요3?”  He blurted out.


She blinked slowly, “What?”


Oh, right, English.  “Your name, what is it?”


“Oh, um... it’s Mina.  Don’t you remember?”


“Uh,” he mumbled.  The name sounded close to what he remembered, but it didn’t sound quite right to his ears.  “I wasn’t sure if your parents had given you a Korean name, or nickname.”


Minjun was saved from any further embarrassment by Nichkhun knocking on the door and announcing that lunch was done.

 

1. http://www.allkpop.com/2010/06/2pms-junsu-to-join-the-wonder-world-tour

2. Minjun has mentioned that he likes long hair several times, but I can’t remember which interviews it was in.

3. irum-i muoəshiaeyo.  What is your name?

 

This is the last chapter that I have fully completed.  Hopefully I will be able to keep up the weekly schedule, but I can't promise anything.