Chapter 6

Minjun's Secret Life

Wooyoung had no idea how it happened, but for some reason he was the unlucky one1 picked to drive them all back to the dorm.

 

Minjun was tied up and being held in a headlock by Nichkhun hyung in the last row of seats in the van.  Minjun was looking a little wild around the eyes, like he was just waiting for an opportunity to bolt.  Taecyeon hyung was still in still in shock and was propped up against the door in the second row of seats, while Junho was next to him still dry-heaving.  Chansung was sitting the passenger seat alternating from giving Wooyoung unwanted advice on how to drive to complaining about how hungry he was.

 

“형, turn here, turn here!” Wooyoung gritted his teeth as Chansung yet again was doing passenger seat driving.  “형  Why didn’t you turn, it’s faster if you go that away!  형!  나불 나불, 나불2

 

Wooyoung tried to tune out Chansung’s voice and started to grind his teeth.  Wooyoung slowly started to drive faster.  Today had been a really weird day for him and all he wanted to do was get home and hide in his room with a tub of vanilla ice cream and pretend everything was normal, like it had been this morning.

 

Now Chansung was rambling on about bananas and Wooyoung felt like he was going to scream.  Wooyoung made an abrupt left turn from the far right lane, he heard honking from the left, right and behind him as he started cutting off dozens of cars in his bid to get to the expressway and home as fast as he could.

 

Suddenly it was as if Wooyoung was playing his favorite game, Driver: San Francisco.  He knew Chansung was yelling at him to slow down, but Chansung’s voice was now like a whispering mosquito buzzing in his ear, annoying but easy to ignore.

 

Wooyoung was sure that Junho was also making noises, but that too could be blocked out.  Wooyoung was hauling down the freeway, well hauling as much as a minivan carrying Junho’s could, which is to say not very fast.  He was weaving in and out of traffic, switching lanes as much as he could for no reason and feeling much better.

 

Wooyoung thought at one point he heard Chansung screaming about police and tickets and some other nonsense, but he wasn’t too sure.  Now he was pretending that he had missiles and rockets on the van and the points were on the steering wheel.  He was attributing points to the different vehicles in front of him and driving faster and faster.

 

Wooyoung went from the far left lane, across 5 lanes, to the exit.  As he was finally exiting the freeway he began to slow the van back down to double digits.  Chansung had plastered his big body against the door, but at least he had finally shut up.  The only noise came from the back, Junho had stopped dry-heaving and was now hyperventilating.

 

Wooyoung calmly drove them back to their villa dorm room.  He parked the van and went to wait for the elevator to arrive.

 

1.  I have no idea if Wooyoung has a driver’s license, but I figured that he is old enough to have one.

2.  나불 (na bul) Blah, blah, blah.

 

How is everyone?  My spring break is over, but I am moving this week :(  Very stressed, because I have a limited amount of time to move in, but I have to fit things like school and work in my days too.  Hopefully I will get done in time.

 

Oh, reread the next chapter, it has a lot of cussing, so probably rated M.