Chapter 1

Minjun's Secret Life

Minjun (민준) puffed out his cheeks slowly.  He was waiting for his parents to arrive at the Seoul train station.  He was in disguise, wearing black jeans, a black hoodie and sunglasses.  Luckily the fall weather had already begun or he would have been roasting.

The train had arrived five minutes ago, but he still did not see his parents.  He swept his eyes back and forth along the platform

He finally saw them coming down the platform, pulling their luggage behind them.  “Appa!(아빠) Umma!(엄마)1”  He waved his hands wildly, not caring about the stares he was drawing with his language.

Minjun raced towards his parents, but as he drew closer to them he noticed that they did not appear to be happy.  He slowed down, but continued walking towards them.

Upon reaching them he let out an embarrassed laugh and scratched his neck.  “You didn’t bring Junheyon (준현)2 with you?”

“Son,” his father started slowly and a spike of fear and dread blossomed in Minjun’s stomach.  Did something happen to Junheyon?

Minjun’s breath caught in his throat when he noticed his mother’s hand was clutching that of a young girl’s who was trailing behind his parents.

“Son,” his father started again.  “It’s time to take up your responsibilities to your family.”

 

1. Minjun is yelling “Mommy!  Daddy!” instead of “Mom!  Dad!”  or even “Mother!  Father!”  It is kind of childish at his age, but he is really happy to see his parents.

2. Junheyon is Minjun’s younger brother.