Chapter 2

Minjun's Secret Life

Minjun was driving slowly through Seoul’s (서울의)1 traffic, but his heart was pounding.

Sitting beside him in the passenger’s seat was the girl his parents had left with him.  They, his parents, had taken a taxi (택시)2 to their hotel room, leaving Minjun alone with a stranger.  Minjun had met her once before, over eight years ago, but he still considered her to be a complete stranger.

Traffic had finally speed up.  Minjun took a quick sideways glance at his passenger as he was speeding along.

His passenger hadn’t spoken, yet.  He knew that she had been living in the United States until recently, so he wasn’t sure if she spoke Korean, or even could speak at all.

Minjun pulled up to the gate that blocked off the set of villa apartments that 2PM had moved into recently.  He punched in his personal code and waited for the gate to swing open before pulling into his parking spot.

Minjun tried to remain calm as he walked to the trunk of the car and pulled out her luggage, he was unsure of how exactly to continue.  He took a deep breath before walking over to the passenger side door.

Still uncertain if she spoke Korean and feeling too flustered to use English Minjun resorted to hand gestures to have her follow him.

He opened the passenger side door and tugged on the girl’s elbow to get her out of the car.  Minjun couldn’t look at her face, he was too embarrassed.  He pulled her by the elbow to the elevator doors.  Luckily the elevator was already on their floor, so all he had to do was push the button to 2PM’s floor.

Once they arrived on the right floor Minjun quickly dragged the girl to his dorm’s door.  He didn’t want to be seen by any of his neighbors with her.  All sorts of rumors would flare up quickly like a wild-fire.


Minjun quickly punched his code into the door3, opened it and dragged the girl inside.  He shut the door and leaned back against it.  His heart was pounding wildly in his chest and he needed a few seconds to calm down.  He closed his eyes and took a couple of deep breaths.

Minjun urged the girl to take her shoes off by pantomiming and taking off his own shoes.  Then he took a deep breath and prayed to any gods4 listening that none of his fellow members would be home or if they were they were all in their rooms.  Of course, this is where his luck ran out.

The rest of 2PM; Nichkhun, Taecyeon, Wooyoung, Junho, and Chansung, had all been standing in the kitchen, which was to the right of the doorway, but blocked from viewing by a wall.  Minjun tried to streak past with the girl to his room, but as soon as they passed the opening to the kitchen all sorts of yelling started.

Minjun pushed the girl into his room with her luggage and told her to stay, in both Korean and English.  He closed the door tightly and faced the whirlwind that was 2PM.

Minjun’s brief moment of calm was fading fast and he was beginning to panic, again.  He did the best he could to push them all towards the front door, even though Wooyoung kept trying to sneak back to the closed door of Minjun’s room behind everyone’s back.

After getting them all out the apartment’s doors Minjun could feel his nerves were taking over his body.  Instead of urging them to the elevator he pushed them to the stairs.  It would burn off some of his nervous energy, it would be exercise, and it was closer.  He was so smart thinking, anyway it was easier to go down stairs than to climb up them.  And it would be faster, or at least that’s what he kept telling himself.

Minjun pushed them all into their van, because they wouldn’t all fit in his car.  He quickly locked the door before any of them could escape, especially Junho who kept whining about his upset stomach.  Minjun wasn’t in the mood, nor did he have the time for upset stomachs.  

Minjun didn’t need the rest of 2PM to come along with him.  In fact he would have preferred that they didn’t come along and were not involved in any way whatsoever, but he also didn’t want to leave the girl alone with the boys.  He knew 2PM, knew them well.  Their curiosity wouldn’t be stopped by a closed door.  So, for the safety of all parties he took 2PM along with him.

 

1. Seoul is 서울 and the possessive is 의

2. This is a Konglish word.  Koreans don’t normally invent new words for words that come from another language, so words like taxi and radio stay the same, but the are pronounced with a Korean accent because Korean doesn’t have the same consonants that English does.  That makes taxi pronounced more like “tackshi” in Korean.

3. I find it completely hysterical when fanfics talk about keys.  Older apartments and houses may have keys in Seoul, so maybe the dorms that 2PM and 2AM where living in as trainees had keys, but I doubt that the ones they are living in now use keys.  I also find any mention of baking, using a clothes dryer, and most of the time, bathrooms hysterical.  Sometimes I’m just mean that way.  ^_^

4. Minjun is Buddhist. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Korean_Buddhists

 

Sorry this is late, I went on vacation and I thought that I would have better internet access than I did.  Hopefully next Monday I will remember to post the next chapter on time . ^_^