Kidnapped

The Only One

SoEun's POV

When the lunch bell finally rang, I got up from my seat so fast that it screeched against the floor, almost toppling over in the complete silence of the room. Everyone's attention came onto me but I couldn't care less. I rushed out the door, heading towards the park a block away from school where we agreed to meet up. It's peaceful and quiet there…though he didn't say it, I know it's a way to for him to get away from the never ending stares and annoying squeals that he gets from the girls in our school…also, they may not take it lightly seeing Beom alone with a plain random girl like me...

"So Eun!!! So Eun!!! KIM SO EUN!!" My friend Eun-ji is screaming for me across the hall.

I mouthed the words "I got to go" without stopping on my tracks. 

Beom is not here yet. Was I in too much rush? I sat on the planetarium of the playground and tried to calm my thudding heart. I kept telling myself it's  from running and not because I'm nervous…ya right, i'm not nervous at all. WHO AM I KIDDING?! Aiiiisssshhh I can't stay still, so I paced the playground back and forth restlessly.

Thirthy minutes later, Beom is still not here. Lunch time is almost over…did he forget? I made up with million excuses for him…something must have came up and he couldn't make it. Yup, that must be it. 

I walked back to the school and as I round the corner, I saw Beom exit the school gate running to the opposite direction from me. It seems like he's in a hurry and I don't think he saw me…but before I could stop myself, I followed him.

I found myself standing in front of some adult lounge. What would Beom be doing here? And why was He entering through the back door, from my curiosity, I followed as soon as I was sure he was inside. I watched him through the small gap left by the slightly ajar door. He's playing and singing a melody on the piano that makes my heart hurt so much…it's full of pain, loneliness and sadness, it sounds so much like a pledge of someone screaming for help in the form of music. I looked up just in time to see a tear roll down Beom's face.

"Nana, I miss you" he said so softly, I could barely hear.

I regretted my actions the moment I walked in the room. Letting my curiosity take over, I asked him, "Who's Nana?" Aiggooo Kim So Eun, you never think before you act!

"None of your business! Never. Ever. Mention her name to anyone. Ever! Why are you even here? Get out NOW!" 

I stood completely still in astonishment of what just happened. He's absolutely furious but I can't blame him. I followed him here and intruded in his private life, asking questions I'm in no place to ask. 

In my last attempt to save myself from shame, I said in an audible whisper "Shouldn't I ask you that? 'Mr. Let's go out for lunch but then ran off to some lounge.' I don't even want to know why you have a key." I ran out, holding back my tears. I kept running not knowing where i'm headed for. I was taken aback as someone pulled my arm from behind, stopping me on my tracks. I turn around to find Beom standing a feet away from me, still gripping my arms tightly and panting just as hard as me.

"You know what, it's fine, just leave me alone" I shook my arm free and started to walk away. To my disappointment, he didn't try to stop me. 

"Look, I know I was a jerk again…and I have no excuse this time…but this is me. The real me. You just came out of nowhere and saw the side of me that I never wanted anyone to see. I don't know how to deal with you." He said, not moving an inch from where he’s standing.

I turn to face him. I am so mad that I decided I’d give him a piece of my mind.

"I know you have your reasons…and I know I'm at fault too for following you here secretly," What am I doing.. I'm so mad but why does it sound like im sticking up for him. Aish. I'll try again. "I don't care about your explination. And to be honest, I'm scared to know anything more about you." There. I continued, "You know what though? You never have to go through everything alone. And you don't need to worry about me telling anyone, I promise I'll keep my mouth shut." ... Did i seriosuly gwt soft again.. Aish! What is with this guy... It's like a weakness.

He seemed to be completely speechless, he blinked a few times before he spoke,  "Since we already cut class, might as well make the most out of it. Do you want to walk around down town with me?"

Woah, where did that come from? I won’t let him distract me. I'm already having issues, so I went on….

"Oh and you think you don't know how to deal with me? More like I don't know how to deal with you! You go through these extreme mood swings and I never know how to respond!" I walked of feeling satisfied that I ended with a pow. I had no intention of walking with him anywhere at all.

"I'm kidnapping you for the day." he said as he grabbed my arm and ran, leading me. I resisted but I know deep down, I half wanted to stay with him, still hoping to find answers I know I won't get.

----------------------------------------------------------------

We rid the train in complete silence. It was filled with people going back to work from their lunch breaks, making no room to sit at all. When we got to the stop just before the main terminal downtown, people came swarming in like bees squishingBeom and I in the back corner of the train. I tried to keep distance from Beom but people pushed and pulled their way through and I ended up being against his chest. Gosh this is awkward. I really hated facing him like this, I really wanted to turn my back to him but I couldn't for I would be facing the chest of a big fat man I don't even know. 

I'm not sure if it's my heartbeat or his that I felt beating hard. Suddenly, I’m conscious of my breathing, the rise and fall of his chest, his sweet manly smell…no matter how much I try not to, I looked up anyways and he’s staring at me with gleaming eyes. He looked away right away, as if embarrassed that he was caught starring. The train stopped abruptly, the force almost made me fall back if not for Beom wrapping his arms around me just in time holding me upright. Then I felt it again…the thudding of hearts against my chest and his.

I coughed; trying to send the signal he can let go of me now.

He let his arms drop to his sides “That was close.” He tries to straighten his clothes but I could tell he’s a bit embarrassed.

Close to what? Me close to falling or us being way to close against each other? “Ammm thanks” There, that applies to both possibilities. I’m completely nuts.

The train reached it’s final stop. We got off and I looked at him, expecting him to lead the way. I wonder what his plan is for "kidnapping" me.