Chemistry Isn't Always a Class

The Only One

Kim Boem's POV

    So the girl I once thought had no voice, or interest in anything but her self, took notice to me. She even talked to me.. to be honest it really threw me off, I wasn't expecting her to say much, I always thought she was unfriendly but she really wasn't. She seems really nice and caring.. It would be nice if more girls were like that. Too many of them are snotty and self centered, which is very tiring.

     My thoughts got broken when a persistent girl, Park Minji, I believe she said her name was came rushing at me. "We're having new seating today! I hope they assign us next to each other!!" She kept babbling on, "Wouldn't that be wonderful?" her voice was squealing in my ear, as several other girls glanced at me and came towards circling me and saying similar things. Sometimes I wonder if they ever get tired of this, I know I am. I don't think my friends get it either though, they always talk about how luck I am and that They wish they could be me.. But really I wish i could live a simple life in Solitude, kind of like Soeun does. Am I Jealous of a girl? Can't be. I'm the man.. everyone comes to me! I would never be in silence, I couldn't be.

     "Aweh!"

     "Man this is y!"

     "What bad luck!!"

     "AISH! the stupid teacher!!"

     I heard many sounds like this as the girls surrounding me backed away slowly muttering curses at the Chemistry teacher, then I looked at the several empty seats, one being by my friend Jinki, another by Minji. That means I must be by one of those two, it would be nice to be by Jinki, I don't think I would be able to be next to Minji the rest of the semester.. she'd probably try clinging to me constantly. Man just thinking about that is giving me an headache. I looked at the arrangement, Yes! I'm not by Minji! The class isn't looking so bad. And a plus, I wont have to worry about girls fighting each other for sitting next to me. So, I went to sit down by Jinki.

     "Yo man." He said as I took my seat.

     "This is good, too bad the teacher might regret putting us next to each other." I said with a smirk.

     "Dude, this is good for me, bring the girls, around, maybe one will get tired of you and come to me!"

     "Really, please Jinki, don't be ridiculous." I know, I say something like that but.. My friends just don't understand when I say it's annoying, they always make it sound like I'm living the life.

     Lee Jinki and Ii were chatting back and forth, but we were interrupted by the Teacher, "Actually, Kim Beom, would you mind switching with him please, he has bad eyesight and needs to be closer to the board, so please move to your permanent spot by Soeun." I looked up to see a small boy with glasses next to the teacher.

     "Alright." I started to get up when I heard Jinki mutter the word nerd under his breath in obvious distaste. As I was moving spots, all the girls were either watching Soeun or me, the only difference in their looks were the ones towards me were sad, but when they looked at Soeun, they were all glaring. I really can't believe these girls, it's not like she chose to sit by me, but what can I do, girls are girls. Wait... why am I so concerned about doing something, aish.. today has been to long, can't I just go home and have some peace?... Not that it's much better there. When I got to my new spot next to Soeun, she didn't even bother to look up at me, and I even thought for a moment she would say something.

     After I got settled I pulled out a pencil and started to write, my hand suddenly cramped up and i remembered how it got slammed in a door. I let out a groan then stretched my fingers, and massaged them a little. "I'm sorry." My head snapped up and I looked at the girl next to me. "Your hand must hurt from earlier... I'm sorry" She said with out tearing her focus from her notes. Did she notice me in pain? Is she actually paying attention to what I do or is this just my imagination?

     "Don't be sorry, I should have been more carful when putting my hand out like that." I quickly said, I don't want her feeling bad or in dept to me, the last thing I was is having her getting mixed up in my life.