~Good Luck~

The Only One

Beom's POV

As soon as school finishes, I hate it because that means I have to go home. I never want to go home, so I don't.

I found my self walking over to where I work, they allow me to leave my stuff here, even when I'm not on shift. They seem to either understand what I'm going through or they don't care. It's probably the second option, no ones really seems to care for me. it's like no matter where I am in this world and no matter what I do no one cares. So I do just what I want to do.

I changed out of my school uniform into something more appropriate to where I am heading. I put on my black skinnies with a loose white shirt that fell away from my collar bones, i finished it off with my leather jacket. And now I'm ready to go. Where I was going I had no idea, but all I knew was that I didn't want to be home. Ever since I started staying out like this, I met all sorts of people, well I guess it was my job that got me meeting these people, they all thought I was older then I am. I mean, no high schooler should work where I do.. I don't even know if it's legal, but no one really cares what I do, so out doesn't matter to me.

Before I actually left my work, I stopped by the 'main hall'. Who were we kidding, It's just a lounge, with women clinging and flirting with older, rich men. And sleazy men trying to bring a girl home, you know those sorts of deals. Now, the place I work isn't a host bar or anything, I like to look at it as if I'm a performer, which is true. I play for them, and they listen... for the most part, theres a few of us performers, and tonight I had off, it was some chick, and two guys tonight, I never learnt there names, and honestly I couldn't care what they were. I only stay here to play.

"Oppa!" I heard someone call, so I turned around and saw that girl.

"Hey.." I said uninterested, I started to back away and turn.

"Oppa.. don't walk away from me again!" She said all huffy. She really bothers me, she's like those girls from school except she's old. Yes, she calls me oppa, but she's like 30. She's one of those types that wishes to stay young forever.

"Yah. I'm not your oppa, your like 30. Do I look that old to you?" I said snottily.

"Hey, Be nice!" I heard our manager call. I turned to him and bowed, he is one of those people you really don't want to cross.

"You heard him." She hissed at me.

"Fine, fine, I'll be nice and leave your presence." I said with a smirk.

"Wait! I had something to ask!" I turned.

"Be quick."

"Can you please preform the last number tonight? I have to leave early and Jake wont take it... please, Tazz?" The last number.. That means I'd  have to sit around here till 1... What time is it now? 10? Aish.. what a long evening.. "So.. will you take it?"

"Fine.." I believe I am just about to regret my decision..

"Thanks Tazz! your the best!!" And she ran off. The name she called me rung out in my mind, Tazz.. That's my name here. They don't know my actual name here, none of us know each others real names, we keep them in code, that's what I like about this place, they don't pay attention to who you really are. That's probably the only reason I get away with working here.

 

While waiting for my performance, I went to the practice room to warm up. I walked over to the piano, and sat down lifting the key cover and running my fingers along the key board when my phone buzzed. I looked down feeling annoyed. This better not be my dad. Instead I saw that it was a notification form Facebook. It was a friend request, so I opened the app and saw who it was from, SoEun. Not what I expected. I accepted it right away, I never say no to a friend request, especially if its a person I recognize, or a cute girl. I smirked to myself, she probably fell for me like every other person.

I opened a Chat with her, "Hey, Chem buddy." I sent with a smirk, she probably will get a kick out of it, getting all flustered that I would talk to her..

"Hey... Thanks for standing up to me earlier."

Oh right I did that today didn't I.. Yah! Don't be rude to a girl! I remembered my self saying.. Why did I do that, I really don't know.. Was It because SoEun seems different? I really don't now, I guess I'll have to find out. "No problem, it was nothing." I need to test her, so I sent another message. "So.. you Facebook creep on people then?" I laughed..

"I'm sorry!! I Didn't mean too.. It just happened!" She's so honest.. most girls would make up a story about there friends doing it, they didn't mean to click my name or that they were dared too.

"It's fine." I need to test her again. "So.. you purposely hit my fingers so I'd talk to you, didn't you?" I asked while smirking. While I waited for a reply, I scrunched my fingers and stretched them a few times, then started to play a melody on the piano, but part way through my finger cramped up.. Aish! That girl!. If I can't play anymore.. I don't know what I'll do. I started to feel bitter, so I picked up my phone and stared at it angrily, when a message popped up.

"How can you say that.. I would never want to hurt anyone intentionally." Is she playing the innocent card? This is ridiculous, I could feel my anger rising.

"Oh really. Well thanks to you I will be having troubles playing." I sent with a sneer. Theres no way she can't know about my playing, everyone knows, I'll know she's a fake if she denies it.

"I'm sorry! I told you it was an accident.. and I feel really bad that you may not be able to play the piano.. It was an accident, I'm serious." Maybe she isn't as full of lies as others. I felt my anger start to go down. I really didn't know what to reply, so I put my phone down and decided to try to play again. As I started playing the notes, my hand started hurting again, so I stopped.

"Aish!" I yelled out in frustration.

"Tazz..." I heard some one say calmly behind me so I turned around and was face to face with my manager. "Why can't you play?"

"I got my hand caught in a door earlier.." I felt silly saying it. "But it should be fine soon."

"What are you going to do about your performance? You go on it 3 numbers.."

"I can sing. But I'll need a band.."

"Okay, luckily the band that's supposed to play with Jen, are still here, talk to them."

"Okay, thanks." I said and bowed, then got up to talk to the band. I picked up my phone on the way out and remembered that I didn't reply to SoEun, so I opened the message and wrote, "I understand, but I have to go, I need to preform."

 

"Hey!" I called to Jen's band, they were putting away there stuff since, they were finished for the evening. I looked at there faces and they all looked pretty annoyed. I hope not by me..

"What?" One of them sneered.

"Can you guys play with me for the last number?" I spit out, trying not to annoy them further. "I would appreciated it."

"Hang on." One said the all looked at each other a couple whispered then the leader spoke, "Sure, what shall we play?"

 

After determining a song and getting warmed up with them, out turn came, My band walked out onto stage and got set up while I waited for Manager to announce me.

"And here's Tazz!!!!" I could hear everyone cheering, but I also heard some muffles, people are probably confused because theres no piano out there, but a band. Usually I would play piano for them, never singing. So this was a first for both them and me, but trust me, I can sing too. While I walked out on stage i could sense everyone's attention on me, some seemed excited and others nervous. I could tell they were unsure of what was about to happen.

It made me a little wiry until I heard some people yell out, "YAY!!! TAZZZ WOOT WOOT!" Then I chuckled and was about to start.

"Good luck Tazz." My manager said as he left the stage.

 

The music started playing, and I sang along but I felt like i couldn't get into the song, it was like there was something poking the back of my head. The feeling didn't go away until the end of the song, when everyone was cheering.

That's when I realized my slip up.

I told SoEun that I had to preform... It's 1 in the morning.. What high schooler would preform now.. I'm surly going to get caught. As soon as I was off stage I looked at my phone and sure enough there was a reply from her.

"~Good Luck~"

That was not what I was expecting.