Chapter 1

My y Mechanic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A week before:
 

‘!’ Jewel exhaled a sigh of frustration as she kicked her tire furiously.

‘Stupid piece of junk’ she muttered darkly, cursing vulgar words out of anger, people walking by gave her startled and disapproving looks. Not that Jewel cared. Her car had just broken down, and she was due to be at a very important meeting in less than half an hour. How was she going to manage to get there in time?

‘Hello? Yeah, I don’t think I’ll be making it to the meeting; my car has just broken down. Looks like a flat battery. I’ll try and find another car to jumpstart, but even then, don’t think I’ll be there in time’

She rubbed her forehead temples, in a bid to calm herself, but as she listened to the cross voices at the end of the phone, it didn’t seem to make a difference. Eventually, she hung up and began to look around for about 5 minutes, she realised that no cars had even passed. Ruling out the chances of jumpstarting her car, she thought of plan b.  Where was she going to find a garage to fix her car?

Luckily, her car had managed to stop abruptly somewhere that didn’t interrupt incoming traffic. She zipped up her coat and began walking. Shivering, Jewel realised that it was beginning to snow, picking up the pace; she mumbled ‘just my luck’ as the snowflakes began to fall down and tickle her nose.

After what seemed like an eternity, Jewel had walked for miles. Her fingers were blue and numb, her legs felt weak and she suddenly realised that she was starving. Having not eaten this morning, to avoid being late for the meeting, the effects were starting to take their toll on her. 
Today just wasn’t her day.

She slowed down and looked around. Finally! She saw a small garage, that was adjacent a homely café. Jewel made a mental note of the café, she would DEFINITELY be passing by later.

Just as she approached the garage, a slight frown formed on her face as she realised the metal doors were closed. She glanced around and noticed no mechanics in the near vicinity.

‘Helloooooo?!’ she banged slightly on the metal doors.

No reply.

Panic bolted through her as it dawned on her this was her only hope; otherwise she’d have to search around even more for a hotel to crash for the night.

As if possessed, she began banging violently on the metal garage door.

‘HELLO?! I COULD REALLY USE YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! PLEASE! OPEN UP!’

Jewel paused, hoping that this would have caught the attention of the mechanics that she assumed were on the other side of the metal doors.

Still no answer.

Jewel was at the end of her tether. Why did this day seem to so badly? What had she done to deserve this? 
 

She began to position herself on the ground, the overwhelming tiredness finall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter