Chapter 10

Lies

 

“Hello?” Yoona answered.

“Thats what happens when you mess with my parents. Don't think you’re safe now. We can still get Tiffany.” The person spoke.

“Who is this?” Yoona spoke louder.

“Seohyun and Kyuhyun kids. Don't think you’re too safe now...” the dial tone rang on as Yoona dropped the phone onto the ground.

~~~

“Yoona?” Yuri held Yoona’s hand.

“Yeah?” she said as she stared into nowhere.

“Jay, he’s going to take very good care of Jessica” Yuri mumbled.

“Jay... he’s... he’s gone too?”

Yoona was speechless. Her son and her daughter was gone. They both died in tragic ways. They had to keep Tiffany safe at this point. No matter what. If they had to die themselves, they wouldn’t let their daughter die before them.

“We need to move. Now. Seohyun and Kyuhyun are still alive. We have to go. NOW,” Yoona spoke loudly grabbing what’s left of her family and moving them to their rooms to start packing.

~~~

The Kwon family had driven all the way across the state making their way to Yuri’s mom house. She was the only person who would be able to save them from all of this. She was the only one to keep the rest of the family safe.

~~~

By the time they had gotten to Yuri’s moms house, it was very dark. Currently it was 3 in the morning and Tiffany and Yoona were sleeping soundly in the back of the car as Yuri, as a proud father, was just watching her 2 special girls that were the only ones left.

Yuri made her way out of the car, dragging her feet to the front door of her moms house.

She honestly didn't know what to say. Saying , ‘The kids you sent to me killed my daughter and son,’ wasn't the best approach to an elderly woman. But there wasn’t a really better way to explain it thoroughly except that right?

Yuri had her finger on the doorbell, ready to ring it. But she hesitated. Yuri knew that her mom wouldn’t like the fact that they came here without even giving a care to call. But Yuri had an excuse, they had to leave the house quickly, and they didn’t know if someone was tracking their calls. So it was best not to call anyone with their home or cell phone. But would that be an excuse that was good enough? She had no idea.

“Better just wait until morning. She never likes it when she has to get up this early.” Yuri mumbled as she backed away from the door and slipping back inside of her car.

Yuri put her head back, laying back into the seat and falling asleep for the next few hours.

~~~

“Yah! Kwon Yuri!” A voice rang. Listening to the loud banging on the windows, Yuri slowly opened her eyes to a full view of her mom in front of her.

She jumped up out of the car seat, swinging the door wide open towards her mom.

“Mummy!” Yuri giggled like a young child jumping into her mom’s arms. Her mom didn’t seem so fond about the fact of how Yuri just plunged herself into her mom’s arms. But it was okay. She’d rather have her own daughter do it than some freak on the street.

“What’s it this time huh?” Mrs.Kwon asked her own daughter knowing that something was up. Yuri would never go to her mom like this so suddenly without saying anything. “Umm... we kinda have people trying to kill us at the moment! So we need a safe place to live!” Yuri grinned pulling herself away from her mother and throwing her hands up. “We can have a party all day long!” Yuri yelled jumping around.

“Wait, wait, WAIT. First things first, where are the kids? Are they okay?” Mrs.Kwon asked.

“Um... so thats the thing. Jessica and Jay are gone. The kids that you sent to us, they were the ones that had killed them.” Yuri calmly said staring at the floor.

“So only Tiffany?” Without even taking a second to spare, she already knew the answer. “So I guess we have to enroll Tiffany in a nearby school. Where’s everyone else though?”

Before Yuri could answer, Tiffany and Yoona were already out of the car staring at the two family members.

“What up grammie?” Tiffany grinned at her Grandma.

“Tiffany, we aren’t letting you get out of school just because of this problem” her Grandma said straight out. Knowing the girl that Tiffany was, she wouldn’t want to go back to school.

“Appa! Did you tell her that I still have to stay in school?” Tiffany stood up straight and pointing all of the blame towards her dad.

“I didn’t do nothing! Blame her! Not me!” Yuri chuckled throwing up her hands.

They all looked at the Grandma as she, herself, was grinning to see how they could still joke around when this problem was still on their hands.

“Now now, lets all get everything inside of the house. I’ll arrange a few things to have Tiffany to go to school again.” Grandma motioned all of them inside of the house before walking into the house herself.

Everyone unpacked and made themselves at home. Especially Yuri.

“Yahh, I missed home!” Yuri yelled flopping onto the couch.

“What are you talking about Yuri huh? You were never home for half of the time. Staying with Yoona all of the time” Grandma joked as she sat down on the couch pulling Yuri’s feet onto her lap.

“Psht, what are you talking about? I was home a lot!” Yuri grinned while swinging her legs all over the place.

“DON’T LIE!” Yoona screamed from the kitchen.

“Hah, even your own wife agrees with me” Grandma mumbled.

Soon enough, Tiffany had ran down the stairs and screamed, “I'm going to the beach!” Yoona and Yuri were going to stop her. But why? She needs to relax. She just lost her brother and sister. So might as well let her off the hook for a bit.

~~~

Tiffany walked along the sidewalk as she made her way to a nearby store. “My time alone,” she mumbled to herself.

“Hi how are you today?” The cashier grinned at her.

“Hello, I'm good you?” She responded.

“Im good, Thanks for asking”

Tiffany walked to the garden area. She looked around at the flowers. Pink was Jessica’s favourite colour... and Jays was Purple.

Soon enough, she found 2 bouquets of Purple and Pink flowers. She walked over to the cashier, paying for them then walking out.

Tiffany walked and walked. Finally reaching her destination, a tree stump where the three siblings would always hang around together when they were younger.

She sat down on the stump and staring at the ground.

“I’m sorry Jessica. I'm sorry Jay.” She laid one Pink and one Purple flower beside each other. “I wish I could’ve helped” She set another 2 flowers onto the ground. “What do I do now?” she put more down. “Now you guys are dead.” she said, putting 2 more flowers on top. “ I lo- “ Tiffany couldn’t handle it anymore. She dropped what was left of the two bouquets on to the ground and buried her head in her arms.

She cried and cried for hours as she was just sitting there. Getting glances from people, but she didn’t care. Her siblings were now dead, and she couldn’t do anything to save them. Nothing.