Chapter 5

One Big Round. (Sequel of Break-up Message.)

 

“No, we can’t, I’m sorry. My feelings for you have already faded,” I lied.

“Really?” He replied and in a swift movement, he turned me around and the next thing I realized was that his lips were on mine.

I pulled away after a few seconds and walked to the balcony hastily.

“What the hell just happened? Why is this happening? Gikwang didn’t betray me, did he? Aish, I knew I shouldn’t trust him from the start.” I thought at the back of my mind.

“Gikwang didn’t betray you,” DooJoon spoke as if he read my mind, “well maybe he did.”

He stood beside me and I turned to look at him.

“Call Gikwang. It’ll make you understand everything.” He simply said.

I fished out my phone and dialed Gikwang’s number.

♫~neoneun naui baireoseu himdeulge hagetji neoman bomyeon nan tto gaseum apeugetji

A ringtone started playing and I looked around. Was Gikwang here as well? I had my answer when DooJoon took out his phone and held it in front of my face.

I looked at his phone, and 4 words caught my attention.

Incoming call - Baby Girl

My arm dropped to my side and I looked at him, unable to control what I was thinking.

“Come, let’s sit down, I’ll explain everything to you,” He started walking to the sofa and I followed behind.

“So the truth is, it was me that you’ve been texting for the past 3 weeks. It wasn’t Gikwang. I’m sorry I lied. On that day 3 weeks ago, I saw Gikwang and you sitting in the café, drinking coffee, laughing happily. I thought that he kept in contact with you without letting me know even though he knew I tried asking about your whereabouts from everyone, so I confronted him when he came home. He then explained to me that you both met by chance and he had an idea for us to be back together. And this was his plan. He gave me your number and wanted me to act as him when I talk to you, so I did. That was how I knew your true feelings. That is when I realized that you haven’t forgotten me and even wanted to be my guardian angel without getting anything in return. That is when I realized that I didn’t love the wrong person, and I was right when I decided that I’m gonna love you and only you. That is when I realized that I’m gonna make you mine, forever. Haven’t you realized that I’ve been smiling more these days? I’ve been feeling good because of you, all because of you.” My tears couldn’t stop rolling down my cheeks when I heard his confession.

“But, why? Why didn’t you just forget me and move on? I was such a bad girlfriend in the past, why didn’t you just be happy when I returned you your freedom? Wh-“ He placed his finger on my lips before I could continue.

“Shh. There’s only one reason to it. Because I love you.” He answered.

More tears started rolling down my cheeks as I heard the three words. What did I do to deserve this?

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” I lowered my head and he pulled me into a hug.

“I’ll forgive you, but only if you promise me something,” I pulled back and looked at him, “promise me you’ll be mine, forever.”