Chapter 2

One Big Round. (Sequel of Break-up Message.)

 

“Ah, how long has it been since we came here to have a cup of coffee with each other?” Gikwang asked as I took a sip of the coffee.

“I know right. We came here often during high school. It’s nice how this place hasn’t changed much,” I answered, looking at the scenery outside the window.

I knew Gikwang since middle school, but we only got closed to each other in high school. It was through him that I knew all the other 5 members and that’s how I knew DooJoon and began dating him.

“So, how have you been? I haven’t been getting updates about you since three months ago, and I can’t even contact you because you’ve changed your number.” He spoke carefully.

“I’m still living fine. How’s DooJoon? Right! I’m sorry I didn’t notify you about me changing my number. I guess I was too busy with stuffs,” I apologized, as I handed out my hand for him to pass me his phone.

“Hehe, it’s okay. He says he’s alright, but we know he’s not,” he replied, while placing his phone on my hand, “he hasn’t been himself since that day he received your message. He tried showing us his hyper and positive side, but we all can tell that he’s trying to suppress his feelings. He doesn’t want us to worry about him.”

“Oh. Really? He’ll be fine after a few weeks, just let him sort out his thoughts,” I said nonchalantly while returning back his phone.

“Is there really no way back? I can tell that he really loves you, and you still love him, don’t you? Don’t lie to me. Although we haven’t met for quite some time, I can still read you like a book.” He spoke.

“Sigh, I really can’t hide anything from you. Yes, I still love him, but no, I’m not going back to him. I can’t let myself continue being a to him. He deserve so much better. I do nothing to help him. I’m hot-tempered, get jealous easily and all I do is quarrel with him, despite knowing how tired he is from work. I just can’t forgive myself,” I confessed.

“But you’re being selfish like that, don’t you know? You just did everything by yourself without asking for his opinion. He replied to your break-up message, but there wasn’t any reply, so he tried calling you, only to find out that the number has been terminated. He went to your house the next day even though his schedule for the day was packed, but once again, he was filled with disappointment. I’m sure you’ve noticed that he hasn’t been smiling as much on television programs, and if he did, I can say it wasn’t from the bottom of his heart.” I was speechless after hearing what Gikwang said. I just didn’t know what to say.

“But, I can’t turn back the time, I can’t rewind everything, I can’t bring us back to how we used to be, so what’s the point of you telling me all these now?” My voice was finally heard after a minute of silence.

“I can help you, if you want to go back to how things used to be,” he suggested.

I thought for a little while before replying, “Do you really wanna help me?”

He nodded.

“Instead of being back together with him, I wanna be his guardian angel. Will you update me on what’s he’s doing, how he’s feeling, and what I can do to make him happy? Basically, everything about him if it’s possible. I just can’t bring myself to ask him back to my side,” I continued.

“Did I hear anything wrong? Give you updates every day?” I chuckled at his shocked expression.

“Yes, best friend. I know that you’re busy with your schedules every day, but can’t you do me this favor? Please?” I begged as I showed him my puppy eyes.

“Aish, alright, I will,” he agreed.

“Yay, thank you!” I knew he’ll agree, seems like he still can’t resist my puppy eyes.