Ice Cream

I'll Be There

 

“Say _______, do you want to have some fun before going back to the dorm?” Niel asked me.

I began to blush. I get to spend time alone with Niel~!? “I’d love to. Where are we going?”

He smiled as he grabbed my hand and walked along the sidewalk. I can’t believe I’m holding his hand. It’s so big compared to mine, and surprisingly soft.

I was so absorbed in my thoughts; I didn’t notice that he stopped walking. I looked up and noticed a small building for lease. He smiled down at me. “It’s my dream to settle down with the woman I love and run a café. I know that being an idol won’t last forever.”

I was astonished about what I heard from him. We’re the same age, but he’s planned his whole life out. He’s much more mature than what he seems.

“I’m sure your wife-to-be will be one lucky girl.” I said to him with a smile.

He smiled back at me. “What about you? Do you have a dream?”

My smile disappeared. “Not really. I never really thought of anything. I’m in a general business program at college, since it would allow me to work in the business world.”

He made a strange face. “Well you might eventually find your dream. Just give it some time.”

I smiled a bit. I thought he’d say what everyone else told me. “You have to have a dream. Everyone has a dream.” Well reality is not everyone has found something they want to do or have the actual courage to follow them.

“Would you like ice cream?” he asked me.

I nodded at him. “Vanilla please.”

 

On the way back towards the dorms, we talked a little bit more.

“Spending time with you is a lot better than with L.Joe. He’s a bossy little man.” I snorted.

He laughed. “He may be a bit bossy, but he has his charms. It also means that you’ve grown on him without either of you noticing.”

I my ice cream as I thought about what Niel said. I guess I’m judging him on only his annoying half. I mean he did save me from falling and it’s not like he has hurt me.

I peered over to Niel who was his ice cream. I smiled behind my ice cream and thought to myself, “I picked the right bias.”

 


 

 

“We’re back~!” Niel yelled.

Changjo welcomed us at the door. “I think L.Joe hyung is looking for you noona…He seems to be in a bad mood.”

I thanked Changjo and walked over to our room. There sat L.Joe on his bed, with his back facing the door.

“Did you have fun with Niel?” he asked me.

I snorted. “Yes I did. More fun than I’ve had with you. We even got ice cream.” I waved my ice cream around. “See?”

He turned around and hopped over to me. He stopped in front of me, only to steal my ice cream and eat the rest of it.

“YAH! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?” I yelled.

He sat back down on his bed and patted the seat next to him. I sat down beside him and glared. He looked at me with sad eyes, which made my mood drop.

“How come you don’t ask me to go to places with you?” he asked me.

I stared at him blankly. Is he jealous of Niel?

“I thought since your ankle hurts, you didn’t want to go anywhere.” I replied. He looked down. “You just assumed. You didn’t even ask me.”

I realised what was going on. He must be lonely being here alone and separate from their group promotions. I am the one in the wrong here.

“I’m sorry, but why didn’t you say you wanted to go out?” I asked him.

He looked back at me with puppy dog eyes. “I didn’t want to bother you by going out. It would seem bossy of me, so I just asked you for stuff to do in here.”

I pouted at him. “Then why do you boss me around so much?” He smirked at me. “You still are the reason my ankle is sprained. Even if I decided to save you, you still owe me.”

I pouted at him again, until I noticed some ice cream on the edge of his lip. I cleaned it off with my finger and it. “I stole my ice cream back~!”

 


 

Sorry for the long wait. I'll try to update when I can, but this fic isn't of highest priority for me right now. It would be if I had subscribers, since I would have people waiting for updates for this fic. Feedback is loved. If people are patiently waiting for updates, let me know so i can update as soon as i can.