Talking

I'll Be There

 

“We can walk home together if you’d like? Right after I get some for take-out.” Niel shuffled over to the take-out desk to order something.

L.Joe grabbed his crutches and got up to go to the washroom.

I looked back over to Sheryl who was still giving me an intense glare. Suddenly she smirked at me. “Say…you can walk home with Niel, and we’ll bring L.Joe back later. How about that?”

I hesitated when she said that. L.Joe is my responsibility, and I have no idea what she is planning to do with him, but since Taesoo is here too, I guess it’s okay. I’m really tired with taking care of him; he’s working me to the bone. And I’d get to spend a bit of time with Niel.

The thought of that made me smile. “Alright. Make sure to bring him back soon. Bye.” I looked over to Taesoo and gave him a smile as Niel shuffled back with a container of food.

“Where’s hyung?” he asked while looking around the room.

I took out my wallet to pay for my food. “He’s in the washroom, Sheryl and Taesoo will bring him back later. I’ll walk back with you.”

He gave me a smile. “Alright~! It would be nice without him anyway.” We both giggled.

 

L.Joe’s POV

I came back from the washroom and noticed ________ and Niel weren’t here. “Where did they go?” I asked them.

Sheryl gave me a smile. “She left with Niel to walk home. We’ll take you back when you want to.”

I sat back in my chair. She left me here for Niel? I’m supposed to be her responsibility. What is she thinking? “I think I’d like to go back now, if you two don’t mind.”

Sheryl’s phone rang. I took out my wallet to pay for my food.

“I’m sorry. My boss just called me into work. Taesoo, do you mind taking him back by yourself?” she asked him.

He gave her a nod as she quickly put money on the table and darted off. Taesoo put money on the table too and helped me up.



 

 

Your POV

“Do you like hyung?” Niel asked me.

I began to laugh. ME LIKE L.JOE?

“I’ll take that as a no then. What about your friend there?” he asked.

I stared at him puzzled. Why is he asking me these questions?

He scratched his head. “I’m just curious. You’re so different from your brother, so I want to learn a bit more about you, since you’ll be staying with us for a while.”

I was kind of disappointed. It would have been nice if he was jealous or something, but why would he be into me anyway? “Taesoo was my best friend in junior high. I haven’t seen him since then.”

 

For the rest of the walk, we both shared some funny things about Changhyun. Who would have guessed that Changhyun would be the reason we’d get closer.



 

 

L.Joe’s POV

“Do you like ________?” Taesoo asked me.

I dropped a crutch when I was laughing at his question. “She’s Ricky’s sister. And she injured my ankle.”

“Did she do it on purpose?” he asked.

I shook my head. “No. She was helping me move the boxes out of our spare room and she tripped over a box, and I caught her.”

He stopped walking. “So you’re blaming her for something that isn’t her fault? She’s also taking time out of her life to take care of you. And knowing her, she probably blames herself for your ankle.”

I stared at him.

“You’re either a jerk, or you actually like her deep down.” He said. “I know what kind of girl she is. She has that unexpected charm that draws you in. I don’t blame you.”

I felt my heart throb. “Deep down?”

He smirked at me. “You don’t want her to be around anyone else, so you’re working her to death so she can be around you all the time. And I doubt that the real reason you came to lunch was because you were bored.” He let out a sigh. “Though, she obviously has eyes for Niel. Sheryl told me everything about her when we met up.”

 

The rest of the way we walked in silence. Do I actually have feelings for her that I’m not aware of?

I shook my head. That’s all just speculation. Even if she has this so called “charm”, I haven’t seen it yet, and I barely know a single thing about her besides being Ricky’s sister and being obsessed with Niel.