▬ It's raining Men... & Tensions

▬ the player is a girl
 
Reminder: This story takes place some years forward.
 
Slowly, school was turning more and more into a hell for Lia. Tae Yeon and some of her friends would glare at Lia each time she was around, whisper things and laugh aloud after. Min Woo and Lia discussed about it, since they got that close. The boy then started to avoid Tae Yeon so she wouldn’t affect their friendship. On the other hand, that KDJ…

“Hello…” she froze at this voice and closed her locker to see the face.
“What do you want?” Lia’s voice was cold and the boy could clearly sense how fed up and suspicious she was already.
“I want to know how you are.” he calmly said, staring at her.
“Now I saw you…” Lia mumbled seriously. The boy silently chuckled at this.
“Not too sick after yesterday’s rain? We all know how sensible you are…” he smirked sarcastically. Suddenly, she thought about it again and glared at him.
“Did you tell Kevin?”
“What?”
“About my health, did you tell him? How do you know so much about me? What do you want? And who are you?”
“Wow, slowly! I did not do anything yet. If… Kim Kevin, right? If he knows about your health, I’m not the one at fault.”
He shrugged annoyingly. “So I can’t use the health matters on Kim Kevin, crap…” he mumbled.
“Okay, I’m fed up now, who are you?”
“Kim Dong Jun; 21 years old, in your class now. This is all you need to know for now. But be sure I know a whole lot about you.”
He flashed a ‘so cute’ smile at her, winked and quickly left.
“HEY!” Lia screamed but he had disappeared already. “It’s driving me crazy…”

She left the lockers and joined Min Woo, Kevin, Hee Chul, Jessica and YoonA – a new friend – to eat outside, at the park. It was cold outdoors, Lia happened to sneeze... a lot and Kevin glared at her… a lot as well! She was not feeling well actually, she was sure this Dong Jun stressed her so much that her head was spinning at that moment. However, she had to hide it, else Kevin would go all brotherly again and she didn’t want him to worry.

Lia came home with YoonA and Jessica. Kevin had suggested YoonA to live with them since Lia was the only girl there. The girl accepted right away. Since then, Lia and she were almost always together. Jessica would often tag along. It was like the three girls bounded a lot. It helped Lia somewhat, since she couldn’t really get the chance to talk to Amber with Kevin around.


“So… are you going to my party with Min Woo?” Jessica asked with her big silly grin.
“Oh no, don’t tell me you’re at it again…” Lia complained.
“There is something between you and this boy. I can tell it. From the party you guys met at, there are sparkles each time you are together. I can sense it.” Lia stared at the girl as if she was crazy.
“Ha ha! MinAh Fighting!” YoonA teased.
“MinAh?” Lia frowned. YoonA chuckled and grabbed a paper in her bag.
“Jessica had this idea during our music techniques lesson. Look what she wrote. ‘Min Woo & Lia… Lia… Ri Ah? Min Woo & Ri Ah, MinAh! =DD’ Jessica, you really are silly!” YoonA laughed, commenting what the girl wrote on the paper again, but Jessica just shrugged.
“Seriously…” Lia mumbled in addition.
“Oh come on! Don’t tell me there is nothing between you and this cute boy! And MinAh means 'Beautiful' so... it means you'll make a beautiful couple” Jessica exclaimed.
“There is nothing more than our friendship!” Lia defended. However, she felt somewhat strange saying this. “Plus... MinAh, it's for a girl...” Lia whispered with a frown.
“Okay, if you say so… But I don’t believe you. And perhaps this Min Woo doesn’t think the same!” Jessica stubbornly said.
“Jessica…”
“However, why not going to my party with him?”
she asked before Lia could say anything else.
“Why can’t I go with YoonA, Kevin, Amber and eventually, yes, Min Woo? Why just him?”
“Because our dear Jessica put a couple concept for her party.”
YoonA explained.
“This is too much…” Lia commented making the two girls laugh. “Who are you going with, YoonA?”
“With a good friend, Ok Taec Yeon.”
She plainly said but Jessica’s smile grew.
“SEE! I KNEW you would go together! I know everything! So now, I’m sure Lia and Min Woo would come together at it! Hahaha!” Jessica was going all maniac.
“And you? Who are you going with? And what is the party for in the first place?”
“Hm, I couldn’t have a party for my birthday… and the exams are coming. Actually, I just want to have a party during June… And my partner will be Kim Hee Chul!”
She smiled.

Lia felt a bit bad. Her friend Hee Chul wouldn’t be with Jessica because of another Hee Chul! Did she do it on purpose or something? Ah, seriously!
The girls went on, talking about their friends and the party. The boys caught up with them and Lia started to talk with Hee Chul only.


“What did you boys do?” Lia asked him casually. He just shrugged.
“We talked about the work and the party. Min Woo is going to be the photograph for the event. I may become the second DJ. Kevin will sing. I think you should sing as well…” He turned his head to me.
“We’ll see that… Who is the other DJ?”
“Some friend of Jessica and YoonA…”
she nodded at this answer. “Who are you going with?” he asked, trying to sound casual. Was he teasing Lia again?
“I don’t know yet… I thought I’d just go with you, Amber, and the band. I never thought Jessica would put a ‘couple concept’ on it…” She groaned a bit while Hee Chul chuckled. Lia hesitated but finally asked, “And you, who are you going with?”
“Jessica is already taken I bet…”
he mumbled and looked at Lia, expecting an answer. She nodded a bit, still feeling bad. “It’s okay; I knew it. I will just ask some girl! If Amber wasn’t mistaken for a boy, I would have gone with her but…” He chuckled. Lia laughed.
“Why not? They would just think you are gay!” Lia joked, letting Hee Chul pushing her playfully.
“You silly! I’m not like you…” he rolled his sharp eyes. She childishly stuck her tongue at him. However, the girl calmed down a bit and got closer to his friend.
“Chul Oppa… Did you tell Kevin about my health?” he looked at her directly.
“Are you kidding? Since he found a bra in Amber’s room; no, since he found out Amber was living with you, Kevin had been sending daggers to me with his eyes. I don’t even dare to ask him how he is on the morning…” he mumbled, Lia smiled at this but frowned again. “Why? Does he know?”
“It looks like someone told him…”
“Who? It’s not Amber for sure! She would not tell him if a rock was about to hit him!”
“I’m not sure… Was this a lie?”
Lia mumbled.
“You are hiding something from us, aren’t you? Tell m-”
“LIA! HEE CHUL! HURRY!”
Jessica screamed, waving at them. Hee Chul gave her his ‘let’s talk about this later’ stare before running to the band together.

███ THE DAY AFTER:

Min Woo and Lia were on their way to go to the university. They discussed about their performance. They would do a rap and sing, but more important, they would dance. Min Woo was really formal about this: they HAD TO dance. Therefore, he would be the choreographer. Lia was amused at how happy and into it he was. They didn’t really pay attention but a car was rushing. It had rained all night long before and there still was a sea of water on the road. Min Woo turned his head and saw the car splashing the way with water. He suddenly switched his place with Lia, the water hitting him instead of her. The young man froze at the feeling, not even realizing what he did nor what happened. He looked down at his clothes, all wet now.

“Oh my gosh, Min Woo! Are you okay?” Lia asked right away.
“Yes…” he was stunned but ended up smiling and chuckling a bit. “And you?”
“Don’t you care about me but about you!”
she lectured. “You shouldn’t have moved…” she sighed.
“It’s okay, it’s just water. And I’m a big boy!” he smiled in front of her but grimaced after.

Lia caught it but just pretended she didn’t. She would pay him back, she didn’t know how but she would.
The girl thanked him and helped him with his stuffs. She was happy for some reason, guilty and happy at the same time… Even her heart seemed to debate about it. Why so moved?
Oh, who cares? It’s just because Min Woo is gentle! Stupid Lia! She thought just when a drop fell on her nose. Lia looked up.

“I think I will soon be as wet as you are…” she sighed. He looked up at the sky and saw/sensed some drops falling. He smiled to himself.
“It must be a joke…” he mumbled but suddenly took Lia’s hand. “Let’s hurry up! So we won’t be too wet!” He smiled and she nodded.

She tried to ignore his touch but decided he did this just like Hee Chul would have with her. It was for sure a friendly gesture.
They started to run together, hand in hand. The rain was falling more and more but they didn’t really care, they were just laughing stupidly, under Min Woo’s umbrella. The pair ended up having fun instead of just walking. They joyfully stopped at the traffic lights, waiting for it turning green for them. Right when they put a step, about to cross, a car passed by again.


“Wow… That was short…”
“People are crazy, this person almost bumped us…”
“We should have taken the bus… This is so not our day!”
Lia exclaimed with a pout. For some reason, it made her chuckle and Min Woo followed right after.
They passed an hour under a shelter since the rain got harder but eventually arrived at the university.


███ DONG JUN’S POV:

I was going to the university, driving my beautiful red car. A Lamborghini! Cool, isn’t it? I was in a good mood. That day, I decided to change my strategy with Lia: I wouldn’t demand her anything. I would ask – it’s totally different – if she wants to come at Jessica’s party with me. Of course, she would say no HOWEVER, I would insist. I had scared her a bit, I thought, with the facts I knew about her. I wouldn’t success in anything with her by being like this, so I had to change and try to get closer to this young woman… She looked interesting: most of the girls would have enjoyed me asking them out like I did for Lia. However, Lia seemed annoyed, not even close to be interested in me. I was just a threat to her and I had to change this. If I wanted my and Key's plan to work out, I had to change this definitely.

I smiled to myself; I was really in a good mood. I turned the wheel to take another road and that was when I saw this guy, Min Woo. He was with Lia… They were laughing, obviously having fun. The way she was looking at him; she looked happy with him. She was like mesmerized by his reactions… I don’t know why but I got suddenly moody, I was mad and I stepped on the accelerator more. The car went faster and when I passed by them, the water splashed them.
Serves you right, I thought without realizing it.
I stopped the car a bit further to see their reactions in the rear-view mirror… They were still laughing stupidly. It was like they didn’t even care about water and the rain. I had decided to ignore them when I saw that boy taking Lia’s hand and starting to run with her under the rain. I should have stopped and told them to get in my car: I did want to change my strategy after all. However, I was in such a bad mood… I pressed again the accelerator and drove the fastest I could, I made a tour to pass by them again in a rush, just when they were about to cross the road. Another revenge. I did not know why I had to get a revenge… Perhaps because that Min Woo was making it hard for me. But I didn’t have to take it this seriously… I felt stupid and it got me even madder. Why did I have to turn into a bull like this? Seriously…!

When I arrived in front of the university, I didn’t feel like going inside right away. I was too nervous and I needed to calm down a bit. I just rested in my car then. However, I couldn't take my eyes off of the entry of the university. I was waiting for her to come, I did want to confront her for a reason I could not even understand. I did have to step out of my car once though, since I saw one of my friends: he told me most of the teachers couldn’t make it to the university, the rain getting wilder at some places. I went right back inside, relieved I didn’t have to stay at the university after all. Not after what happened… When I saw the two fools coming this way, I went out of my car again and put on my most annoying smirk. She directly saw me, took a look at the car, frowned and went straight to me. Angry already, Lia? I smirked even more.

“It was you then, wasn’t it?” she asked sharply.
“What are you talking about?” I gave her a smile but it dropped when I saw this Min Woo coming.
“About water splashing us with your car and almost killing us, that’s what I’m talking about!” you were slowly boiling up. Do you know how it feels now?
“Oh… that?” it was so much fun pissing you off! “It looked like it was fun after all, right? I want to talk with you. And you only.” I changed the topic quickly before you would leave.
“I don’t want to.”
“But I want to…”
I insisted.
“She said she didn’t want to…” Min Woo cut in, calmly. I stared at him but looked back at Lia.

I glared a bit, before smirking and going back to my car.


“Oh, your professor isn’t present… You don’t have any schedules for the day.” I informed though before hitting the road quickly and leaving them alone. I definitely had to take care of this Min Woo.