▬ my best.girl.friend...uh?

▬ the player is a girl

Lia’s POV:

“WHAT?” Hee Chul screamed.
“MY EARS!” I screamed back, in pain.
“Lia and Amber… you both… will be going out? But Lia is… straight…” he whispered, as if he had lost his voice.
“It’s pretending Hee Chul…” he glared at me a bit “…Oppa…”
“Seriously, you are not even acting like a girl!”
Hee Chul complained, still glaring playfully at me.
“It would work then!” Amber joked.
“It will NOT work!” Hee Chul snapped at her, crossing his arms above his head in a ‘no way’ motion.
“Why not?” I asked.
“You girls are friends! Plus, you are looking awfully straight. You don’t know how to pretend to be in love since you have never been! Finally, does that make sense if you keep going to these dates? Just choose one of these boys to act like lovers…”
“No way… They are not interesting…”
I answered.
“Dae Sung?”
“He is avoiding me… He must be hating me right now…”
I sighed while Amber chuckled. “This ain’t funny Amby!”
“Don’t call me that…”
she mumbled with a pout.
“I’m your unnie, I’ll call you whatever I want to!” I snapped.
“Only by some months…” she mumbled again.
“I’m your Oppa to both, so I AM talking!” Hee Chul stopped us.
“This is not making sense…” Amber and I both whispered with a smile.
“Explain why that…” he demanded.
“Because I do not want these stupid friends to settle me on dates… until the end of my life!” I exclaimed. “Plus, it’s just a joke.”
“Did you tell them already?”
Hee Chul asked.
“Nope, we’ll tell them tomorrow. That will be fun!” Amber said with a mischievous smile.
“But your next date is tomorrow…” Hee Chul informed.
“That’s too bad! I heard he is new in the neighborhood and already broke heart. I’m not interested in this kind of boy.” I shrugged.

Yeah, it has only been three days since my date with Kang Dae Sung, and my friends already had found another fish! Not to mention that I had another one date in between these three days… When I mean I’m tired of this, I’m not even joking… Out of the five boys they introduced me to, only Dae Sung was decent. So, there was no way it was going to last! No more silly dates!

“And you Amber, how do you agree in this?” Hee Chul asked in disbelief.
“I’m just helping my best friend and this is fun Hee Chul…” Amber sighed and fell down on the grass. “Should I say ‘Oppa’…?” she asked, playfully.
“That’s right… Why are you making a scene when I’m not calling you Oppa? You don’t seem to care when it’s Amber…” I finally noticed.
“Amber always acts like a boy and hate it to call me like this.” Hee Chul explained.
“I don’t like it either…”
“Yeah but you are a girl!”
Amber taunted. She and Hee Chul high-fived, proud.
“You are still a girl too… you both just like to annoy me!” I complained.
“Oh, by the way, what should you call Amber then?” Hee Chul started to laugh while wondering.
“What about Oppa?” Amber joked.
“I’m OLDER!” couldn’t they get it already?
“Hum… Yeobo?” Hee Chul broke into a wild laugh after his suggestion.
“So married-like…” I commented with a disgusted face.
“Jagiya?” Amber went just as wild as Hee Chul did.
“Just Amber would be alright…” I cut them in their fun.
“Aaaaw Lia’s mad! Our Lia got mad at us… Aw!” I was annoyed by this but I ended up smiling again. That was the way it was between us.

Hee Chul pinched my cheeks and we both fell down, next to Amber, battling like kids. Amber groaned while we were punching each other and her in the process too. She had to calm us down and we were finally all lying on the grass lazily. Looking at the sky.

“So… we have one day… wait, no, one evening to make you look like a couple?” Hee Chul asked.
“It sounds weird…” I sighed.
“HEY!” Amber pinched me on the arm. “But, well, yeah Hee Chul…”
“This is crazy…”
he slapped his hand on his face. “How do you usually act with the boys or girls you like, Amber?”
“What are trying to do exactly?”
I sounded suspicious, but… with my best friends, it was needed.
“I’m helping you!” Hee Chul answered with a dark stare. “If you don’t behave well, it wouldn’t work… So, Amber?”
“I don’t know…”
she whined but he sat up and glared at her. “Okay, okay. Hmm… I tease them a lot and try to share a lot with them I guess.”
“There is no difference between this and friends…”
I commented. I felt Hee Chul nod in agreement.
“There is. The official relationship: for example, you are friends. That’s it. They are my lover, this is different.” She explained plainly.
“We meant you basically act the same…” I clarified. She shrugged.
“Let’s try something! Lia… clutch on Amber’s shirt and-”
“EH?”
I cut him.
“Just do as I told you. You girls have to experience closeness and skinship.” He said stubbornly.

We complained saying how we were already close and sharing skinship, even with him… However, Hee Chul acted as if he was dumb and kept on ordering us. I ended up with my head on Amber’s ‘chest’ and her arm around me. It felt so strange that I broke into an uncontrollable laugh. Our Chullie Oppa rolled his eyes but I could see how he was tightening his teeth on his lips so he wouldn’t laugh. Amber, on the other hand, fell deep asleep and I had to stay like this the whole evening so I wouldn’t disturb her. Hee Chul took my and Amber’s right hand, then tied our three hands together, showing our friendship bracelets. We ended up sleeping there for two hours…

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The next day; No one’s POV:

Lia was fixing her clothes. She felt nervous. Because of Hee Chul, she thought it was so hard to convince her friends now. It was obvious: Lia was the mischievous type, Amber as well… Of course they would suspect them to lie! She sighed in front of her mirror. She grimaced at her reflection, not really sure about the dress wearing thing. At the last minute, she changed for a slim black jean and some a-bit-revealing shirt and t-shirt. The girl was feeling much more comfortable while not looking too girly or tomboyish.

Where was Lia going? To a party… One of her friends/acknowledges was holding it. At it, she would meet her “date” but also reveal her fake relationship with Amber. She hoped Hee Chul would somewhat helped. But Jessica was going to the party as well and even if the boy promised to try to be there, nor Amber, nor Lia felt like forcing him. The girls knew he couldn’t help but look for her. Jessica was indeed a lucky one!
Someone knocked on the door and Lia screamed that it was open. Amber entered and flied to Lia’s bed just like Superman would! The two girls were sharing a student flat, so of course Amber was there.

“Ready?” Amber asked.
“I don’t really know, it’s not like I did want to go to this party in the first place…”
“No complains: today’s fun!”


Amber was about to rant and list all the good things about this party but thanks goodness for Lia, someone knocked on the flat’s door. Lia ran to the door and opened it without really looking.

“Are you girls ready?” Hee Chul asked excitedly.
“Oh~ someone has been longing for a party with Jessica!” Lia teased.
“Shut up and go put on some make up please.”
“I put some already…”
Lia was dumbfounded.
“Are you serious? It’s just the same as usual… just some eyeliner. And of course, Amber can’t help you with this… Girls nowadays!” Hee Chul mumbled.
“I HEARD THIS!” Amber shouted from the bedroom.
“Not even a couple that Amber is already in your room, uh? Naughty girls!” Hee Chul joked as Lia hit him playfully.
“I HEARD THAT TOO!” the other girl screamed again.

Hee Chul took Lia by her wrist, led her to her room, sat her down and started to use some magic only he knew about. Lia disagreed with most of the things he was trying to apply. So, the boy finally gave up and decided to do something natural on her face. He didn’t even look at her, trying to find heels around the room. Just when he spotted them, he forced his friend to put them on. Lia gave up as well and put them on… amusingly noticing she was now taller than he was.

“So short!” the girl exclaimed.
“Be silent!” he shot back with a playful glare.
“It’s okay~ You will be taller than Jessica!” Lia winked.
“How do you know? Are you Irma the medium?” he rolled his eyes.
“Ouh… Stressed, aren’t we?” Amber commented.
“Hee Chul, I’m almost ten centimeters taller than her! Chill!” The boy never answered and finished his work.

Again, he never looked at the two girls and disappeared in the living room. Amber and Lia exchanged a look. The last one shrugged and frowned.

“Don’t get mad Lili… he’s stressed.”
“I know but I won’t stand it for long…”
she whispered while they joined him in the living room.

After a little while, they all left for Lia’s friend’s house. Hee Chul was silent during the whole ride, and it wasn’t because he was driving. Amber and Lia were just randomly saying things times to times. Amber was the only relaxed one among the trio…

“Lia! You are finally here!” a girl ran to her.

Lia smiled awkwardly and let the person hug her. Amber, already in her role, took the girl arm with a smile, telling her – without any words – to stop. The host introduced herself and led them to the back garden. Hee Chul hesitated and decided to wait before going to find his eternal loved one. Amber was teasing him and Lia had been suddenly dragged away by strong arms.

“Hey!” someone whispered.
“KEVIN?”
“Himself!”
the boy answered with a squirrel smile.

Lia automatically jumped on him and twirled in the air. Kim Kevin was the first friend Lia made in the city a year ago, so of course, she was ecstatic about seeing him again. They moved apart, looking at each other.

“God has done some magic on you, uh? Lia DID put HEELS!” he stated with a big grin.
“Girly, uh?”
“Just like it should be: not too much.”
“You are handsome, as always…”
Lia commented, looking at him up and down.
“Hm… your date would be jealous!” he chuckled.
“Don’t tell me you…”
“Yeah, I know about this. It’s my recommendation actually.”
He said with a small smile. “I have known him for years and he finally came back in the city with me. I had to introduce him.”
“Why as a date?”
Lia puffed her cheeks.
“You still do complain a lot, uh?” he stated jokingly as she punched him lightly. “Where is Hee Chul?”
“Oh… Let’s find him, he was there…”
“Go find him, I’m getting us drinks, okay?”


She nodded and quickly went looking for her best friends. The garden was really crowed and Lia had troubles to find Amber and Hee Chul. She looked then for her phone. However, Lia can’t help but be Lia. Therefore, she bumped into someone, her phone flew in the air, tugged into her bracelets and finally landed on the floor. The person she bumped in bent down immediately to help her and handed her the phone. Lia looked up and froze: she was in front of one of the most handsome person she had ever seen… ahem, at the party, right? She wasn’t sure anymore but smiled, stood up, thanked him and went away to call. Soon after, she found Hee Chul on a corner, staring at Jessica… Lia rolled her eyes and took him by the collar to meet Kevin halfway. The new trio talked together a bit.
Kevin then asked Lia to dance and had to force her to accept!

“OY! Min Woo-yah!” Kevin suddenly called out for someone, stopping to dance.

Lia looked around to see who was that and discovered that same boy from the silly accident. The girl panicked. Kevin knew him… so there were high chances this person was… her date? She gulped when seeing Kevin’s big grin. Gosh, that’s it… she thought.

“Lia, this is Ha Min Woo.” Kevin introduced.
“Min Woo-yah… I told you about my close friend Lia, right?”
“Yes… thousands times…”
Min Woo chuckled.

Lia kicked her foot in awkwardness. She couldn’t escape this and couldn’t use her bad temper: no way with Kevin around… Hee Chul suddenly found his smile back, finding this really interesting and funny suddenly.

This is going to be awkward… as far as I know Kevin, it will be…