▬ the best.boy.friends...

▬ the player is a girl

*BOMP*

There was a sudden bump on the bedroom’s door.
Amber yelped in surprise and Hee Chul looked at the door with huge eyes. They were both in the kitchen/living room, recovering from the party when the noise brought them down on Earth. It has been silent until this ‘bump’ on Lia’s bedroom’s door. The girl obviously threw something on the door.

“Does she ever plan to wake up?” Hee Chul wondered, more to himself.
“Do you think it’s because of…?” Amber trailed off.
“Of course!” he almost shouted but she shushed him. “What did you expect? After what you have done!” he hissed.
“I didn’t do anything! It was just the plan, come on!” she pouted.
“The thing with the pepero… what was it? Just some other funny joke?” he demanded like a father.
“Yes…” she let her head fall on her arms, which ones were resting on the bar table.
“Then, it wasn’t funny AT ALL!” he answered with huge eyes.
“It’s not like I kissed her…” Amber said. “It was just the plan…”

Hee Chul sighed. Of course, it was the plan but again, the girls went too far with their jokes.

After what happened at the party, the mood had been tensed. Hee Chul grabbed Lia’s and Amber’s arms and pulled them in a corner to discuss. They had decided then to leave the party soon. However, Hee Chul and Lia perfectly saw Min Woo’s and Kevin’s dark stares. They didn’t look mad but… in deep thoughts. It wasn’t good at all…
Since the trio came back home, Lia pretended she was okay, just a little bit mad and went to sleep. However, she stayed in her room the whole time since then. She wasn’t like this usually… Hee Chul didn’t know at the moment what was going through her mind but he decided he should stay with the girls in case.

Lia’s phone started to ring. She had forgotten it on the table, which was unusual as well. Hee Chul picked it in order to look at the caller ID, but when he saw the name, he decided to pick the call.

“Yoboseyo?” he immediately said with his deep voice.
“Oh… Is this Hee Chul-yah?” Kevin asked, unsure.
“Yes Hyung… It’s me. Sorry, Lia is resting right now so she couldn’t pick the call.”
“Aaah… I see… Is she alright?”
“Just really tired I guess.”
“Okay…”
there was a pause. “Are you at Lia’s home now?”
“Yes… I decided to stay.”
It must have sounded strange because another pause was taken.
“Hm… Can I come over to visit her?” as expected, Kevin had sensed something wrong. “After… you know, yesterday… We didn’t even take the time to catch up properly.”
“Aaah… I’m not sure… It’s not my apartment and I’m not sure she will be up…”
“It’s okay, I would wait. I’m coming. See you.”


And that’s how he ended the call, leaving Hee Chul all surprised. Hee Chul sighed and slapped his head. He looked at Amber at the corner of his eyes. She was looking at him with a frown and a questioning look on her face.

“I should just stop to live, right?” he asked Amber, leaving the girl dumbfounded.
“What?”

He stood up and went in front of Lia’s room. He tried to enter but finally stayed at the door, just to tell her Kevin was coming. Her only answer was a sigh and with that, she hid under her comforter, powering her laptop.

Lia was strangely unwell. She felt tired, lazy and mad as well… Why did Amber have to do this? Okay, the plan was to pretend but NOT IN FRONT of EVERYONE. Only her friends were supposed to believe this… She whimpered and tried to change her mind with some music. But it was really hard. She didn’t feel like listening to anything and she was too stressed to face university the day after… Thinking Lia felt guilty about forgetting about Amber! Was this her revenge? Aaah! She felt like dying! Lia decided to go on her favorite site to read fanfics. Reading was a good idea to change her mind, right? But when she saw only ‘’, kissing scenes, adultery and love matters, she swore she was damned!
All she was able to do was thinking repeatedly about this… And recall Min Woo’s face before and after the announcement. It’s not as if she liked him or anything, but there was something interesting between them. Plus, she never expected the date-boy to know about this… Now, everything was screwed.

“Lia~”

Her heart skipped a beat. She hadn’t heard anybody enter. She hadn’t expected anyone to enter this soon, especially not him! Not this soon…

“Don’t you dare to choose your silly computer over me!” Kevin said. She could feel him sitting down on the bed.
“Kevin… I’m tired…” she finally said, showing him her face.
“You look fine to me”
“Are you a doctor to know?”
Lia mumbled, still looking at the laptop’s screen.
“Why are you acting like this with me? Shouldn’t I be the one being mad?” he asked. “You could have told me…”
“About?”
“You know what I’m talking about! You and the boy over there.”


The boy? What was he talking about? She frowned and he rolled his eyes. It suddenly hit her! Kevin mistook Amber for a boy… Of course, he didn’t know her name and he barely saw her at the party, except for the outburst at the end. It was easy in these conditions to mistake her for a boy… If it was the case for most of the people at the party, Lia could feel a little bit better. Only their friends knew Amber was a girl, the rest wasn’t sure. Still, people would think Lia is going out with some boy but at least… nobody would mistake her about her preference (duh, she likes boys even if she rejects them – no offending to anybody).
What to do now? Tell Kevin it was a joke anyway? Or should she take the risk to let him think Amber is a boy and they are going out? He didn’t let her think for long…

“Okay, let’s talk about this later… I heard you didn’t eat so I’m cooking a breakfast for you. Okay? You actually look a bit down…”

She nodded slowly, stood up and went to kitchen along with him. Lia was glad to notice Hee Chul and Amber weren’t there anymore. She finally smiled a bit, breathing in the sweet smell of Kevin’s cooking. He was really kindhearted. He looked mad at Lia, but… still, he cared a lot for her.

███ Min Woo’s POV:

Wow… Was this a dream or something? I still don’t get it… Kevin introduces me to Lia, his friend. Lia looks kind, cute and funny. She is said to be a heartless girl with boys. However, yesterday, it was… friendly? Yeah, I guess, friendly it was between us. We are supposed to be dating though… even if, we SO don’t want to… Well, I’m not really sure anymore about this but that’s it. HOWEVER, again, she is already dating someone. Right? Does this make sense? I mean, if you are dating someone, just say so! I hate it! I feel like I have been manipulated… But I can’t be totally mad at her: our friends rather forced us. Still I feel awkward; that boy must think I tried to steal his girlfriend. Haaa!

I was resting on my bed, looking at the ceiling. I pulled up my hand, placed it just above my eyes-sight and looked at my wrist. There was resting the bracelet I found after bumping into her. I could perfectly remember her eyes and her smile just after I handed her the phone. When I was interested in a girl, she had to be this confusing! Did she manipulate me? I didn’t know. I just felt mad about this. Yes, I was angry for some reasons. But, in the first place, it’s not like I wanted to date her. It was just a meeting… yes, a meeting which looked to perfect to be real at first.

“Are you at Lia’s home now?” I heard Kevin asked outside. I sat up in interest but tried to calm down. This girl was none of my business anymore after all. “Hm… Can I come over to visit her? After… you know, yesterday… We didn’t even take the time to catch up properly.” Haaa… Why was I still listening? I pretended I didn’t listen and came in our living room, then headed to the kitchen. I sensed Kevin’s eyes on me; and he suddenly tried to cut it short “It’s okay, I would wait. I’m coming. See you.” I was looking in the fridge and I took some juice just when he ended the call. I would have eaten something but… I felt too distracted; I did not feel like eating anything.

“You are going out?” I plainly asked.
“Hm, yes… There is something wrong with … Lia.” Kevin wasn’t the type to lie, so of course he told me.
“Oh…” I just said.
“Don’t be mad at her. I’m sure there is an explanation about this-” he started.
“Hyung, it’s okay. It’s not like we HAD to date after this. I didn’t want in the first place… It was just a meeting.” I cut him and explained my… point of view. It sounded awfully fake for some reason.
“Still. She should have told me about this…” I gave him a weak smile. “At least, it looks like she feels bad and guilty about this!”

He nodded to himself and left soon, after telling me to eat the breakfast he made. I smiled at it and forced myself to feed me. He thought she was feeling guilty, uh? Why would I care? I just met her… It’s not like we would meet because we were neighbors or something. It’s not like I knew her for days. It’s not like I expected a lot… I sighed and looked again at the bracelet at my wrist. I should have told Kevin Hyung to give it back to Lia… I stopped to eat, cleaned the table, did the dishes and went to my room to play guitar a bit and forget about this mess. I decided to toss Lia’s bracelet in a drawer, to help.

███ BACK TO KEVIN & LIA:

“Do you feel better?” Kevin asked, already washing the plates.
“Yes… a lot. Thanks to you…” Lia mumbled. “I know you are mad at me… but…”
“But?”
“It’s hard to explain this…”
Truly, Lia didn’t know what she should tell him. The whole story? Tell him Amber was a girl? Let him think she was a boy? She was so confused. “I’m confused…”
“Min Woo is confused as well. I thought I could come back home and give him an explanation… However, it looks like you are not ready to give me any.”
Kevin’s face was straight… and Lia perfectly knew the meaning of it.
“I… I am sorry…” that’s all she managed to say.
He sighed loudly and faced her once he had washed every plate, “Do you know in which situation you put him? In which situation you put me as well? Don’t you think I deserve an explanation? Why do you look so confused about this? It should be clear to you! Or is there something I don’t know and making it hard for you? Can’t you tell me?”

Each sentence was sending a different feeling: anger, despise, disbelief, surprise, care, concern, anger again… Kevin had been Lia’s best friend as well but they never had labeled their relationship but they were both caring a lot for each other. With just a silly joke, she had the feeling she was going to ruin her friendship: Kevin was really serious about trust, since it was Lia main issue with people. He was asking clearly whether she trusted him or not.

“It’s a… misunderstanding. Kevin it’s not clear to me yet. I swear I trust you but how can I explain it to you if I’m not sure myself?”
“Okay… Anyway, I’m not the one you will have to confront about this. I hope you will clearly explain it to Min Woo, just by correctness. Show your good manners. I’m leaving.”
He said darkly. “This is his phone number. Call him or text him when you are ready.”

Lia nodded, hoping Kevin wouldn’t be mad at her for long. She tried to look at him in the eyes but he just looked at his phone stubbornly, writing down the numbers on a piece of paper. He didn’t even look back at her when he head to the door, even if Lia walked him to. He just gave a hand gesture to say bye.

When Lia closed her door, she felt bad… Just because of a silly joke, Kevin – who just came back – was mad at her. It wouldn’t last, especially if she was going to apologize to Min Woo but… Still, it had been A DAY, only one freaking day, since the accident and look at the mess it was causing already!

“You should call this Min Woo the sooner…” some voice said.
“Yeah, I know-- YAH!” Lia jumped in surprise. “YOU GHOST! Don’t you dare to scare me like this! I thought Kevin and I were alone… You really are a stalker! No wonder how you know everything! Do you stalk on Jessica like this?”
“Ha ha ha… Aaah, I’m sorry, this habit of mine, hehe!”
Hee Chul laughed like a devil.
“Are you against me as well? You demon! You aren’t helping at all!”
“Anyway Lia… You should consider stopping the joke now… It’s getting less and less funny. Especially tomorrow: face the whole university after the rumors!”


GREAT! She just had forgotten this but thanks to her gentle and marvelous best friend, she remembered it. Amber was nowhere to be seen of course! The following day was going to be terrible…

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Thank you to the ones who commented =) It's warming and it helps me to update and adapt the story each time!
Thanks also to the one who subscribed~ ♥

Soon is coming a chapter about Amber, so you won't be confused anymore about her =)
As well, I'm looking for a "bad" girl; it can't wait one or two more chapters, but if you have any suggestion, I take them~
Take a well care of you ♥