▬ the Key to the troubles' door

▬ the player is a girl
  • A/N: This is a second chapter, since I've been rather late... I don't know how is the story so far but it's getting longer than I thought it would be. Some new characters coming this chapter. I hope it's alright =x Details about Amber here ^^ Have a good time reading (I hope it's good enough for this... T_T I don't have any idea what do you guys think so far... so... x_x)
    ▬ wolvelyness

███ LIA’S POV:

I was tensed… Really, why was I stuck with this role now? Always acting as if I’m going out with this or this person… Aaah… *sigh* I looked at Amber. She was just as tensed as I was. It felt so strange. Amber wasn’t the type to show how nervous she was but at this moment, I could perfectly and easily guess her emotions. She didn’t even mind to hide them actually.

“Amber… we can’t just walk to him and go all ‘hello this is the person I was talking about earlier and we are here to show off’. It would be way too obvious.” I said.
“You are right…” she sighed and looked at me with an uneasy look, “Look Lia, I don’t want you to be in troubles any more. I’m not so sure about it in top of that… Key’s a jerk after all…”
“You just gave me the reason to do this! He is a jerk and I hate jerks so let’s kick his at least if you don’t want to put on a scene!”
I said with energy. She smiled and nodded.

We had stopped in our tracks, so we started to walk again. We were trying to find something to make him pay. We were so lost in our tortures’ ideas that we reached Amber’s college in some minutes. She was about to tell me an idea she just got when…

“Amber!” the called girl froze.

I tried to see where this voice was coming from and saw a young man running to our direction. He was slim, had dyed blonde hair, sharp looking dark eyes. He was well dressed, in an easy-going way though, somewhat. He stopped just in front of her and eyed me a bit.

“You are Lia, right?” he asked. I nodded, smiling at him. He smiled back gently and looked back at Amber. Was he one of her friends at her college?
“What do you want Key?” Amber asked, looking the other way. WAIT! Key…? This guy right there was KEY? Her EVIL ex boyfriend? She’s got to be kidding me! He looked so nice. I was expecting some rude tall and tough man, not this almost woman looking person… I stared at her, but hid my surprise.
“You asked me to give you back your belongings… I guess you want the ring back…” he solemnly said. Gosh, he was precious! I was thinking about how good they must have looked together before their break-up. The boyish girl and the girlish boy. How sad they couldn’t work…
“Thank you. I needed it.” Amber coldly said, snapping the ring out of his hand. “Hope you’re doing well with your girlfriend…”
“Hm… yeah. What about you?”
“Do you even care?”
Amber glared at him, finally making eye contact. There was a pause and he looked like he was thinking about it. Some boy called him and Key told him to wait. When he turned back to us, he was smirking.
“No. I don’t give it a damn.”

Okay… after all, he may have been the devil! How can you answer with such … evilness?? I stared at him, not able to say anything. He looked at me and smiled sweetly again. So fake. I just stared at him, but I bet it looked like I was glaring.

“Too bad, I feel like talking about it.” Amber said and in my head, I nodded. Don’t let him do this, Amber! “I actually have my eyes on someone else already. I guess it’s love.” Aye Amber, won’t you stop to lie? However, who cares? Take that you, stupid Key. You will not open any door anymore!
“Oh really? Love? As if, please…” he scoffed.
“Lia!”
“Yup?”
I was ready to lie to cover her. I would say she indeed fell for someone but Amber had something else in mind.
“This is for you.” Amber looked at me and handed the ring to me. “I know it’s sudden but I want you to know I don’t consider you anymore only as a best friend. It’s been months but I couldn’t tell you. Now I’m not in a relationship, I want you to keep this ring. I don’t need an answer.”

My eyes went huge and I couldn’t stop her: I had to help her BUT COME ON AMBER! I looked at Key nervously who was even more shocked. He didn’t even suspect it was fake. It looked like he believed it. I breathed in, I had to play along but Amber was REALLY corny.

“No way…” he breathed.
“Amber… it’s… thank you?” She smiled and chuckled.
“We better get going; your friends are waiting for you, aren’t they?” I nodded, acting as if I was dazed. But well, I WAS a bit dazed.
“Wait!” Key suddenly said. Amber looked back at him with an annoyed face, “Are you serious here?”
“I thought you didn’t care. So, is this your business?”
Nice one, Amby… that was a nice one.
“It’s my business since you said ‘It’s been months’ that you liked her. A GIRL, no worse: A STUPID GIRL! What does that mean?”
“DO NOT call me stupid again!”
I snapped, offended.“It’s not my fault what’s happening and if you are a jerk.” He didn’t even look at me and planted his fierce eyes in Amber’s.
“If your problem is to know if I have liked her when I was going out with you; well, yes I have. Now listen, don’t disturb us anymore.”

With that, Amber took my hand and we started to walk away. We still could hear Key, joining his friend.

“B*TCHES!” he yelled.
“I told you this boy-girl was nothing, you deserved better than that thing who…” I wasn’t able to hear the rest, focused on Amber’s grip around my wrist. It tightened at the moment we heard ‘boy-girl was nothing’. She was mad. This lie didn’t help at all again…

“Amber…” I tried to call out but she didn’t answer, she let go of my wrist and just walked silently by my side.
“Jerk…” she finally said under her breath. “Jerks…” she said more clearly. “You are just a jerk Key, just like your friends.”

She fell down on a bench nearby and brought her knees to her chest, staring in front. I sat beside her and massaged her back gently. Amber was obviously battling with her emotions and tears. I had never asked about her and this Key, I sort of sensed she wasn’t ready to tell me the full story.

“He looks so nice at first, right? You didn’t believe it was the Key I talked you about, did you?” I shook my head. She smiled bitterly. “Same here: I really thought he was different from what people were saying. My friends had told me how he was making fun of everybody, how he thought he was better than everyone and, as well, how much of a player he was. He was said to like good-looking girls, with long nice legs and girly outfits. So far from what I am, right?” she chuckled.
I sadly smiled. “What happened?”

She bit her lips a bit and breathed.

“We had to work together and became close friends. He was telling me how good it felt to talk to me. Boys were too harsh and dumb when it comes to some subjects; I quote. Girls were girls and he couldn’t tell them everything. However, we were telling each other the most stupid things in our life.” Amber tried hard to suppress the smile that did want to appear on her lips. “How surprised I was when he kissed me and asked me out. I accepted of course, I felt so good with him. The following weeks were heaven to me. It was just like before we went out but… you know, we were official and I knew he shared the same feelings I had. However, we had to break up because he went abroad and didn’t want me to wait. That’s how I started to feel depressed and played with boys. Even with girls’ hearts, since these same girls were making fun of me when I was with Key. One of his friends helped me through this: you do remember about Daniel, right?”

I nodded. “He became my best boy friend… Well, what happened after? Oh, yes… Key came back here, some months ago, and then we got back together. Only, Key was different and distant. He had new friends, even more stupid than the ones from before. He was rude sometimes. Then, he started to make fun of me and asked me to be more girly. The first time, I laughed it off but he did it repeatedly, and finally we argued. He broke up. Just because I wasn’t girly enough and our story was just a joke. Nice, isn’t it?”

Another tear fell down and I realized she had started to cry. I embraced her, finally acting like the unnie I was to her. I patted her back as she let herself cried some more. She was so calm though… Just like Amber, in other words.

███ NO ONE’S POV:

Key was thinking about Amber and this Lia… How dare she?! He thought. His friends were playing soccer when he stood up and started to run.

███ KEY’S FRIEND’S POV:

I was looking for Key – this boy needed to cool down – and just saw him ran away all of the sudden. I decided to follow him, sensing something. I had to run as well to catch up and ended up next a park, two steps or so away from Key. Further were Amber, his ex according to others, and Lia (I know her from university, I’m a student there but I’m in sports). Well, it wasn’t a big deal but when I looked back at Key… It was like there was a dark aura around him. It sent me chills down my spine. I sighed and stepped forward to stand beside him. He sensed my presence obviously.

“Girls are definitely stupid Dong Jun…” he breathed, a disgusted look printed on his face. (AN: Yes this is Dong Jun's POV! Surprise ^^)
“You liked her, didn’t you?” I asked. He shrugged but I knew it meant yes. Why shrugging when the answer his “no”?
“Can you believe this?” he nodded to the two girls.
“What?” I couldn’t get what was wrong with girls hugging each other to comfort the other one.
“She was crushing this girl when going out with me…” a torn smile appeared on his face while I was left frozen.
“Is she…?” how could I ask if she was attracted by girls in general? He’d be mad… considering she went out with him.
“No… Well, she has always told me she was straight. This is just making it even worse…” he went away from the scene and walked back to the field. I followed. “Dong Jun… I think I need your help and popularity this time. I heard Lia was from your university… right?”

I looked at him and saw that smirk. I couldn’t help but smile, shaking my head…

“What do you want me to do, you devil…?”
“Well…”


███ HEECHUL’S POV:

It’s been an hour now since the girls left. None of the boys asked anything but they were dumbfounded. After an hour, I guess it started to look suspicious. Even I didn’t know why it was so long…

“Why does it take so long?” I complained, looking at my phone.
“Was there something important?” Kevin asked.
“Just a little… personal… problem… Lia could be of a help.” I eyed Min Woo carefully.
“So… they really are dating?” Kevin frowned.
“NO! Well, they are friends… But Amber is in trouble now, I don’t get why…” Amber asked me to test them a bit since Lia looked interested in this Min Woo.
“Amber? This guy’s name is Amber?” Min Woo asked. OH MY GOD HOW CAN I BE THIS STUPID?
“Well… his mother wanted a girl… You know how Korean mothers can be…” THIS.WAS.THE.MOST. STUPID ANSWER OF THE DAY HEE CHUL!
“Ooh… must be hard…” Kevin really was an Australian citizen to buy this. Min Woo frowned but didn’t ask anything more about it.

Great, now, he must have been thinking I was a weirdo. I smiled at them and looked at my phone again, waiting for the girls desperately.

“Hee Chul?” oh dear, this voice, I could recognize it everywhere even if thousands of people are talking at the same time.
“Jessica?” I grinned at her, turning around to face her. She was with a friend.
“Hey! I forgot to thank you for your help last time and this is your notes!” she handed me the book with my notes.
“Hope it helped!” she smiled at me and nodded to answer.
“Oh! This is my friend Tae Yeon.” My smile fell a bit. Jessica was friend with… this person? Oh, come on! The bad timing is coming, I can sense it. I peeked at her, trying not to glare.
“Tae Yeon…” I coldly said.
“Hee Chul!” she brightly answered, so fake. This was going to be trouble…

Just at this moment; I spotted Lia and Amber coming back. I sighed. Lia disliked Tae Yeon a whole lot. Amber… better not even call this name in front of her! And I… I couldn’t stand her.
Why? Well, Amber has always hated her. It was this simple. Lia had nothing against her but Tae Yeon expressed feeling about new people at this university. Lia was a newcomer back then so she felt offended. Finally, I… I took Amber’s defense once and she just tried to seduce me. What was wrong with this person seriously? But the worst was actually that she broke my friend’s heart two weeks ago.

Lia froze when she saw her but acted as if nothing after. I swear I saw Tae Yeon smirked. Amber glared at her and sent me a “What the hell?” look. How would I know?

“Min Woo Oppa! Long time no see!” Tae Yeon suddenly exclaimed. Amber arched an eyebrow, Lia stared and I felt her coming next to me. Kevin shivered.

“Hee Chul, I’m going home or I’ll kill someone.” Amber stated in a dark tone. Lia looked at her with huge eyes as if it was the first time she saw Amber in this state.
“I… I come with you! Wait!” Lia said and waved at me. Kevin stared at her and stood up.
“I… I-I have something to do. Min Woo, I’m going home, see you later.” And with this, Kevin left.

COME ON! Don’t leave me with them! Min Woo was about to follow him but Tae Yeon jumped on this opportunity like a starved animal. I rolled my eyes and stood up to leave as well, without a word, leaving Jessica confused. I couldn’t care less this time…