three.

One Gamer, One Life

Apartments under 1,000,000 won per month in Korea, Soojung searches. Right now, all the money she has is 1,564,300 (about $1401.45), which she had been saving up for a day like this one.

She knows she can't stay with a friend like most would do, because she simply doesn't have one. After all, the closest person she knows is Mr. Lee. Of course, she knows just about everyone in her class (as in the whole grade, not just a classroom), but none of them are close to her and she doesn't even try to talk to others. Except for Mr. Lee, she had talked to the Choi family yesterday, but they as well are not close to her at all. So she can't ask them for a place either.

Soojung scrolls down the page where other pages, as results, are listed.

Busan apartment, 1 bedroom, partly furnished, washing&drying included. 1,000,000 won/month. Call 010-oooo-oooo

Seoul apartment, next to Seoul University, 1 bedroom, furnished, washing included. 960,000 won/month. Call 010-oooo-oooo.

Incheon apartment: Address oooo ____ Street, Incheon, ooooo. 786,000 won/week.

After clicking on all possible apartment pages, Soojung decides to visit some. Then she looks down at herself; she know she's not at all presentable. She sighs, thinking, where can I get some first aid? I can't go to a hospital, since they will ask and will record my visit. Better to see someone I know. Mr. Lee? No, I don't want him to be pulled into my situation. He's too nice to me. How about... Yes! The Choi family! They did agree to help me yesterday.

Soojung logs off the computer and leaves towards the Choi house. Since school didn't end yet, she thinks it'll be better, because too much people = too much questions to deal with. Maybe Mrs. Choi would understand.

She takes a deep breath, with a quick look around to make sure her mother's not around, and presses the doorbell.

"Who is it?"
 

•               

 

"I think today's your lucky day, my students," the teacher says to the class after the teacher's meeting. "Since the principal, who was supposed to lead the assembly today, is very sick along with the vice president, we decided to send you home early. You--" His voice is lost in the cheers that followed his last sentence. And he stops himself as well because he can barely hear himself anyways. He shakes his head at the silliness of his students, smiling slightly.

"Anyways, you are to be dismissed when the bell rings!" He raises his voice to say this, which only brings out more cheers.

The teacher sighs but in a more playful way, and sits to wait for the bell. And when it rings, the classroom clears in a second.

 

•          •     

 

Minho walks down the hallway fast, trying to catch his little sister to walk home together. He knows her last class for the day is Science, so he goes to the door of the freshman science class and waits for her to come out. As he waits, he fiddles with his phone, and finds himself in the messages section, rereading the information about Soojung again.

"...and Sooyeon's sister." "Sooyeon?" He says aloud. Who in the world was Sooyeon? He sighs, and texts Yesung again. "Who is Sooyeon, Soojung's sister?" In moments, he recieves a reply.

What's all this interest in the Jung family? Anyways, Sooyeon and Soojung, they're the beauties. Except Sooyeon's more outgoing, that's all. Sooyeon Jung, oh man. Anyways, that's my opinion. Sooyeon was a senior last year, class president, and was pretty popular. She's known for her singing, which is just as beautiful as her face. But again, that's my opinion. Back to the subject; I think she lives with a bunch of friends instead of her real home since her freshman year in college, for some unknown reason. She's still widely known here, even to the freshman, since she had so much stuff going on. That's about it.

He quickly sends out a thank you and looks into the window of his sister's class. He sees her talking with her group of friends, and manages to catch her eye. He waves at her to come out, and he sees Jinri telling her friends something and waving bye.

"Jinri," he says when she comes out. "Let's go home together." Jinri looks at him curiously. They didn't really, well, communicate with each other at school for some reason they had agreed before.

"Come on!" Minho says urgently. "I have to tell you something."

"Fine. Let's go then," his sister shrugs.

When they are almost out of sight of the school, he says, "That Soojung, the one who sent us the yellow note?" Jinri nods. "She was absent today."

"Really? Why?"

"How should I know? I only know that fact, that's all."

"Oh."

"And I have a question."

"Yes?"

"You're the sophomore president, right?"

"Yeah."

"Do you happen to know who Sooyeon is?"

"The senior president from last year?"

"Yup."

"Yeah, why?"

"She's Soojung's sister."

"What! No way!"

"Yes way."

"Seriously?"

"For once and for all, yes! Do you have her number?"

"Yeah, I'll try call her."

"Thanks." The two of them shake hands in a playful but somewhat serious way and walks home talking about other things. And then they reach home, and hears sounds of their mother talking to someone quietly. The siblings exchange questioning glances and opens the door to find Mrs. Choi fixing someone up.

"Who is she?" Jinri asks.

"Soojung."

 

•     •     •     

 

"Where's the manager?! I want to talk to him."

"Hello there. Might I ask you who you are?" Mr. Lee asks politely, even if this woman had barged in in the most rude way possible.

"I'm Soojung's mother! And I want to know where she is. Was she here?" One look at the rude woman, and he knows she is a bad person. So he feigns innocence.

"Soojung? Well, can you explain how she looked like?"

"She's a girl. She's got brown, long hair. She's a student."

"I'm sorry, there are thousands of girls like that that comes to our PC room, Mrs...?"

"No need to know!" she barks angrily. "And don't lie that you don't know who Soojung is. Right before she left, she said something about Mr. Lee and such."

"Mr. Lee? There's no Mr. Lee here. I am Kang, Kang Jun Kook. I think you've got the wrong PC room," he says smoothly. "I suggest you search somewhere else."

"But... fine. I'll leave. But if a girl like that ever comes here and she says her name is Soojung, give me a call." She hands him a card that has a number and name on it. "I hope you have a nice day, Mr. Kang."

"You too, Mrs. Jung," he calls, still looking at the card. "Good luck, Soojung," he whispers when the woman leaves in a huff.


Folks, I'm back. It's not a long chapter, but at least it ain't short. Okay, so what will happen next? I don't know either. (Actually I kind of have an idea, but never mind about that). Probably next chapter, Soojung and Minho finally meets (OMIGOSH!!!) and who knows what I'll do with that scene? And to those who loves all the other couples, wait for it. It'll be out in no time. You good with that? Great. My new subscribers! Yo there! I have, like, more subscribers than my other story already! O.O Oh well. Maybe there's more MinStal shippers than IUseob ones, you know what I mean? And posters! I have asked my friend to make one, 'cause she's awesome. That will also be out in no time, so expect! Okay then, time to end this awkward author time. Bye!