ten.

One Gamer, One Life

"Ready, children?" The voice of Mrs. Choi rings out in the busy parking lot at Home Furnitures Co. towards the ten noisy kids she has to take care of. At least, she sees them as kids, even if they are all over the age of 14.

"Yes, ma'am," the aforementioned 'children' replies. They are shaking with energy (excluding Krystal, Amber, and Minho--the calm ones) at the idea of shopping. Usually, the boys (except Key) don't like the idea of shopping, but if it's for them, they're just as excited as the girls.

"Okay then! Let me introduce someone to you." She turns to someone behind her that they hadn't paid attention to, because they thought she was just a passerby. "I present you the one and only Jeon Jiyoon!" Mrs. Choi steps back with a dramatic flair. Jinri hadn't gotten her love for acting from nobody, after all.

Behind Mrs. Choi is a lady with short hair, like Amber's, but a bit more girlish. She is wearing sunglasses and a bright smile. "Hey kids! I'm Jiyoon, you can call me Auntie."

"Hi, Jiyoon Auntie." At the chorus of the 'cute kids,' she smiles even bigger. "Okay, so since my dear friend Gina here is tired of yelling and getting the boys together, I'll manage the boys. And girls, well, hi again! I hope we become closer." With those words and another bright smile, she waves the boys over and cheerily goes off into the huge department store.

Mrs. Choi turns to the girls and says, "Girls! You ready to go in too?" She sees all five girls nodding and smiling, and smiles back in return. "Then with no further ado, onward!" She leads the girls into the store with marches, which they copy with giggles to be heard.

As they find what they need, such as extra chairs, toiletries, refrigerators and such, they discuss what to call Jinri. The group had decided a few days ago (before being introduced to their new home) to give Jinri a fake name, too, because the rest of them had one each.

"Um, Truth? That's what her name means."

"Luna, that's kind of weird. We don't want to be going around yelling out 'truth,' right?"

"Maybe. But do you have a better idea, Vic-unnie?"

"We'll see. I'd rather not be called Truth, either. No offense or anything, though."

"None taken."

"Good. Now what should we do? Amber?"

"I don't know, Vic-unnie." The girls become silent as they think it over. "What about you reveal some things you like, or special stuff about you, Jinri?"

"Let's see." Jinri frowns in concentration. "I like acting," she offers.

"That's a good thing to start on," breaks in Krystal. She has been quiet until now, but she has an idea. "What kind of character do you like acting? Any favorite characters you love?"

At that question, Jinri smiles. "That's a question I can answer well. My favorite character that I love is"--she pauses for dramatic effect. Like mother like daughter--"Grace!"

"Grace?" Amber echoes. "Which one? There are thousands of Graces out there."

"There's this musical called Annie. Heard of it?"

"Actually, yeah," Victoria nods. "Are you talking about that secretary from there?"

"Yes!" Jinri beams. Her smile reaches her eyes, which then makes it into a beautiful eyesmile. "Grace Farrell, who rescued the main character, Annie, from that orphanage. I love playing her."

"Oh. Well, should we call you Grace then?"

"Nah, that's too weird. I don't really want to be called by such a common name."

"That's true. Hey guys, look at this. Don't you think the color of this cushion will fit that couch at the apartments? Even the size is good for me."

 

 

•    •    •    •

 

"So boys." Jiyoon turns towards them, hands on her hips.

"Yes, Jiyoon Auntie?"

"What are you guys going to get first?"

"I don't know."

"Oh come on. You should have the slightest idea at the least," she says, rolling her eyes.

"No we don't."

"Really?" She squints at them, as if trying to find out if they are telling the truth or not.

"Really."

Exasperated, she turns to Onew because he's the closest to her. "What's your name again?"

"Onew Lee."

"Well, Onew Lee, let's get this party going! We're going to have to do something at the least."

"Okay, Jiyoon Auntie." After giving an easy answer, he motions to the group beside him. "Let's go, gang."

"Where?" pipes up Taemin.

Scratching the side of his face, he blanks out. He returns a bit later with a smile. "We have to buy cushions! For the couch!"

"What're we doing just standing around?" Jiyoon smiles back. "We have some shopping to do!"

The 'gang,' as Onew calls them, moves around picking things while heatedly debating about every single thing.

"No pink, Key hyung! I told you!" Taemin whines.

"We have too much black and white in the living room. We need some color to liven the atmosphere."

"No we don't!"

"Don't argue with your hyung, Taemin," Minho cuts in. When Key starts to smile triumphantly and Taemin starts to pout, he adds, "I'll do it for you."

"What!" Key complains at the 2:1 argument. "I need someone on my side too then. Jonghyun, come here!" The unlucky one (also known as Jonghyun) groans.

"But I agree with them too!"

"Too bad. I chose you."

"Ugh. Let's just not buy any cushions at all."

"Now, now, boys," Jiyoon finally interrupts. She had been watching the argument with amusement, but she asserts herself when she feels the need to. Though usually she doesn't show her charismatic side, she lets it show this time. "We have no need to fight at this situation at hand. Just buy a cushion each so you have 5 different cushions."

When the boys begins to protest, she speaks again. "It won't ruin the 'fashionable look,' or whatever, because it will actually be cool, showing there are five different unique people there with different tastes and personalities. Each cushion would signify you."

At this logic, the boys stop to think, because it does indeed sound pretty cool.

"Now go and find your unique cushion," she orders. The group exchanges undecided looks but in the end shrugs, and follows her command.

 

 

•    •    •    •

 

 

After a long day of shopping, the girls and boys are in the boy's apartment hanging out. They are still discussing Jinri's code name.

"Grace, huh? It should be something related to that, then," Key says. He is playing cards with Minho.

"Why?" Victoria absentmindedly asks while braiding Luna's hair who is braiding Sulli's hair who is braiding Krystal's hair who is using the laptop they brought.

"Because we're obviously too lazy to stick to another related trait, like, or dislike," he replies. He reaches out to steal a bunch of crackers from Amber's animal crackers packet, which brings out an indignant 'Hey!' and a hard poke as punishment.

"Amber, no violence. And Key, don't steal," Onew calls out from the other side of the room. He had been reading a magazine but looked up just in time to see the exchange.

"That could hardly count as violence, oppa," the poker protests.

"You could make a hole with one of your pokes," the victim exaggerates.

The poker and the victim silently glares at each other, signalling the start of the long staring contest that would go on.

"I don't know. Should we find another thing to work on?" Luna asks the whole room. She, as well as others, is ignoring Key and Amber's fight, since it always happens.

"Nah. As he said, we're too lazy," Jonhyun answers. He moves his knight to destroy a knight of Taemin's. In chess, I mean.

"I got it!" Krystal's quiet but strong declaration catches everyone's attention, even Key and Amber, who has tears streaming down their faces from the effort of not losing to their 'vital enemy.'

"Krystal!" Jinri frowns. "Whatever it is, don't move so fast! I'm braiding your hair!"

After the appropriate apology, she turns back to the computer screen. "I was searching up the musical Annie, and it turns out they're having an Annie musical marathon in Finland. So I just fiddled around and found the perfect name."

"What?" Taemin, being hyper from too much candy, asks. His hyperness always makes him impatient.

"Sulli. It means grace and it's origin is Finnish. It also means charm, and everyone here can probably agree Jinri is full of charm." At the praise and the nods that follow, Jinri blushes.

"I like that. Sulli. It's not too long so it doesn't seem too foreign, either," Victoria thinks aloud.

"It somehow relates to Jinri in every way," Key agrees.

"Whatever floats the boat," Onew turns back to the magazine he is holding.

"Awesome." Jonhyun and Taemin choruses together, high fives, and peers at the chess board again.

"Pretty cool. Yo, Sulli," Amber tries out.

"Sulli, Sulli, Sulli." Minho shrugs. "I'm not sure if I'll ever get used to calling my sister another name, but I'll give it a try."

"I love it! From tomorrow on, you are Sulli!" Luna grins. "That is, if you agree to it as well."

"Well..." Again, the room's attention is focused on one person. "It's not bad, actually. I could live with it." the newly nicknamed Sulli slowly breaks into her signature eyesmile, which everyone smiles back at.

Minho, who is immune to her eyesmile, turns towards Key faster than the others and incidentally sees Taemin smiling back at Sulli, like everyone else.

"What is this?" he whispers to himself. Since they had known each other for almost two months already, while seeing each other for long periods of time almost every day, he knew many things about his new group of friends. Especially Taemin, who is naturally open to new people.

That is why he thinks Taemin's smile is most unusual. He'd seen Taemin smile like that only when they were either in or looking in the window of a candy shop, or when Park Ji Sung scores a goal in soccer. Yet Taemin is now looking at Sulli like that.

That meant that Taemin... No, Minho dismisses. He's probably just too hyper that he smiles like that to everything and everyone. But still...

"Minho? Minho. Choi Minho!" He snaps back into reality from deep thinking when Key literally shouts his full name into his ear.

"Key! You didn't have to do that," Minho grumbles, rubbing his ear.

"Well, I called you two times, and you didn't answer. So I had to do that!"

"Have more patience," came Amber's voice. Slightly muffled, though, because she has a mouthful of animal crackers in .

"Ew, you disgusting creature. You're so gross. Minho, change spots with me."

"No."

"What?! Why?"

"Revenge for shouting in my ear." Minho is usually the most mature in the group (except for Onew), but when it comes to competitions and grudges, he can be childish.

"Ugh, you. Why am I sitting here?" Key complains. Which nobody hears or cares about, sadly.


So. Here I am once again. Yo. What's up? Anyways, thanks to my subscribers, old and new, and commenters are especially thanked. Comment = happy me = possible update. Also: I know it may be boring for now, but I just wanted to incorporate the friendships among the two groups and all. And getting all that junk and gunk about Sulli's name was hard. But I made it through, though it's not barely believable that they'd get that from Grace. It's hard, okay? What else... I think that's about it. Oh! My friend has a writing contest up, called Simplicity Writes or something. I don't know. Please enter here! I, as well as she, will appreciate it.