twelve.

One Gamer, One Life

The four girls and five boys stand clumsily in front of the principal's desk, where the principal himself is bent over with paperwork.

After a while or two of awkward silence, the principal finally looks up to speak. "Welcome, students, to your new high school. I am Mr. Kim, and this is my secretary, Mrs. Lee. It was a surprise to us to have nine students at once, and was a bit of a haste to set things up and inform teachers of your rushed comings. But," he quickly adds, "it's not an inconvenience, but more of a pleasant and mild shock."

"Thank you for having us," Onew smiles. "We do know it was on a very short notice."

The principal smiles back, and nods at the secretary to pass out schedules. While Mrs. Lee is doing so, he speaks again. "I'm sorry, but you will be expected to follow through in all your classes despite your recent appearance." The whole group nods in understanding, and he continues. "You may or may not have to do extra schoolwork from before in classes, or some teachers may just let you read and take notes and continue on. Is that fine with you?"

The group nods, and Onew bows to signal his leave. With the others following suit, he leads the whole gang out to the hallway. Immediately, they begin to compare schedules.

The results of fervently looking and finding is:
Krystal and Sulli have four classes and homeroom together. Taemin is together in two of those classes and one with only Sulli. Much to their disappointments, Key and Amber have all classes together. Minho, Amber and Key have two classes together, and is in Key's homeroom. Jonghyun has three classes with Minho and one with all three. Luna is in Amber's homeroom, one with Jonghyun, and one with Minho. She also has advanced choir with Onew (even if he's a senior, they have that class together because Luna was deemed acceptable even as an underclassmen), while Jonghyun could've been in it but refused (he doesn't like upperclassmen except for Onew, because he thinks they are very snooty).

The bell cuts through the chatter, groans, and squeals, and they hurry off their separate ways to classes. Shouting goodbyes, they disappear from each other's views.

 

•              

 

"This is Krystal Kim, Taemin Lee. and Jinri Choi, class," the teacher announces. "They moved to this part of the city and changed schools as well. Apparently, these two girls are also cousins." Turning to them, she asks, "Would you like to introduce yourselves?"

The two best friends glance at each other, and Jinri volunteers to go first. Facing the group of students before her, she starts cheerfully. "Hi, my name is Jinri Choi, but call me Sulli. I'd like to have fun with everyone here, so let's be friends!" She flashes her eyesmile, which causes some boys to become frozen. The students clap, and looks expectantly at Krystal.

If Sulli was the definition of brightness in her introduction, Krystal is the opposite. She states plainly, "I'm Krystal Kim. Nice to meet you." She sends off a half-hearted smile, and the crowd murmurs against themselves about the two opposites in the class.

Then Taemin, with his shy yet cute look, introduces himself. "Hello, my name is Taemin Lee. I hope to get along with everyone here." At his sheepish yet shy smile with eyes on the floor, the girls generally ooh's and aah's.

In the end, Sulli and Taemin are labeled as cute, while Krystal quickly earns the title of Ice Princess.

 

 •              

 

 

"Class, we have three new students here today with us. Listen carefully." The teacher motions for Key to start speaking, and he does as instructed.

"Hi! I'm Kibum Kim, like the singer, but call me Key instead. Nice to meet you all!" His bright personality shines through, and the girls nod in approvement.

"Yo. Josephine Liu, call me Amber. My favorite color is NOT amber," she adds. The class titters and notices her boyish haircut and personality.

"Minho Choi." The students stare at his big eyes and wait for more words, but there is none.

At the end of class, Key is popular and has made many friends, Amber gets acquianted with a lot of the athletes, and Minho stays quiet and is called mysterious.

 

 

•              

 

"Everyone!" The teacher here claps her hands sharply two times, and at once the chattering students stop talking. "We have two new members in our proud advanced choir. They are very talented, and let's treat them like family. Alright?"

"Yes, Ms. Taeyeon," the rest of the class choruses.

"Okay, you two kids. Introduce yourselves."

Luna and Onew signal each other, and finally, Onew signals that he'll go first. Looking back towards the smile, he gives a warm smile. "Hello, everyone. My name is Lee Jinki, but I go with Onew. I am a senior."

Luna waits for the clapping to die out, and smiles brightly. "Hi people! I'm Sunyoung Park! I'd prefer it if you called me Luna, though. I'm a junior." Again, the class claps.

During the warm-ups, which is done survival style (the key goes higher and higher until everyone cannot reach the top note), Luna and Onew are last. They enjoy the friendly competition and then end on the same note together.

The two are greatly welcomed into the class, except for a few jealous students.

 

•              

 

The teacher raps his desk, causing the class to quiet down. "Students, you will have one more friend to share your junior year this year. Please welcome Kim Jonghyun."

"Yo, peoples. The name's Jonghyun Kim, and a junior just like you." He sends off a slightly flirtatious wink, which the girls generally swoon over. The boys, however, quickly labels him as a playboy, as well as some smart girls who are not interested in boys. But even they are slightly effected.

 

 

•              

 

After the whole school day, the group is formed once again and they talk about the classes they had.

"I hate you."

"Aww, I love you too, Amber."

"Grr. Get away from me before I bite you limb to limb."

"Is this your sign of affection, Josephine Liu?"

"I warned you." A pained howl is heard from a certain boy.

 

"Ugh, that teacher is gross."

"He was ogling you, Krys."

"I saw. He pretty much gave you a big look-over too, Ssul."

"I knew from the very beginning he would be a bad guy."

"Taemin oppa, we know he's gross. Why are you so stuck on it?"

"Because he is disgustingly, grossly... gross."

 

"Good job, Luna,"

"You too, oppa. I was actually dying inside, you know."

"What? But you were smiling and everything."

"Looks can be decieving. You probably did it easy."

"Are you kidding me? I really thought you'd be the sole survivor. You seemed to have fun while I was dying. Painfully."

"Who am I to win an Onew oppa?"

 

While these conversations are taking place, Jonghyun is texting with a girl he had gotten the number of.

 

•              

 

The gang separates into the two gender groups and says their goodbye's as they go on their different floors. The boys immediately flop over and start to groan and complain, while the girls all change and showere while eating the food Victoria has prepared for them before they came home (her class sometimes ends faster or later, depending on the day).

They each do their own respective homeworks, and meet back together at the boys' room.


So. How's life? Hehe sorry for the late update, I really expected to be able to update on a certain Thursday, but something came up. :( Hope this chapter makes up for those days, and if it doesn't, FORGIVE ME!!!! Anways, the next chapter is hopefully going to be a funny romcom themed chapter. Key word: HOPEFULLY. I don't know if I can pull it off, since I ain't so good at funny or romance, so yeah. Subscribe, upvote, comment, read, etc. I'll try to update soon.