thirteen.

One Gamer, One Life

The gang is altogether doing homework from past weeks that they weren’t there to do and chatting at the same time. Discussions about schoolwork, as well as just random chatting is going on in small groups around.

On one side of the couch, Minho, Krystal, and Onew are the silent ones. They are doing their work with only the occasional question about the work, since they don’t want to be held down by the extra work and is serious about it (since Minho likes getting good grades, Onew is a senior and he wants to graduate well, and Krystal’s just a hard worker).

Lying down on the rug is Sulli, Luna, and Taemin, chatting away like no tomorrow while making slow progress with the big load of homework. Sometimes Luna makes Onew join the conversation, but he replies with only one or two words at most. They mostly interact with the inhabitants of the other couch.

Speaking of the other couch, Key, Amber, and Jonghyun can be seen on it. They work diligently yet still bickering, and Victoria usually resolves it from her spot on the floor. Key is in the middle, so he usually is ambushed by Amber and Jonghyun.

When they call it a night, everyone gathers around the small table in the middle of the couches to talk even more.

“So, Vic-umma, how was your day?” Luna suddenly asks, in the midst of small conversations.

At the sound of Luna’s cheerful voice, everyone starts chiming in and asking Victoria about her separate day at college.

Shyly tucking some hair behind her ear, she smiles and says, “Well, I made some friends, I’ve got loads of work, and I’m just excited about everything.”

“Aww, c’mon, umma,” Amber complains in a teasing voice. “We want more than that!”

The room fills with choruses of agreement, and Victoria laughs.

“What, you want a minute-to-minute story?”

To her surprise, everyone else replies, “Yes!”

Rolling her eyes, she smiles at the sight of all her dongsaengs looking at her with eager eyes. “So it went something like this…”

 

 

•     •     •     • 

 

[[NOTE: This will be in past tense, because she's just retelling (is that a word?) everything from before. It's from the past. So yeah. Continuing on...]]

 

“Miss Qian, I believe? Qian Song?” At the sound of her name, Victoria stood up. “Yes, ma’am.”

The one who had called out smiled and led her to the principal’s office. “Here’s where you’ll get your schedule and whatnot, miss. Have a nice day.” Opening the door, her left with another warm smile. After the proper farewell, Victoria entered the principal’s office nervously.

“Ah, Miss…” The principal paused, squinting at the name written. “Chan? Kan? How do you say this?”

“Qian,” Victoria supplied. “But please, call me Victoria.”

“Qian, I see.” He ignored her last sentence, and continued on. “Miss Qian, welcome to our wonderful college, where you will be majoring in music. Correct?”

Wincing, the aforementioned replied, “Actually, it’s dance. But I suppose it’s the same thing.”

“Dance. Hm. We must get this fixed.” Again, the principal ignored her last sentence. “Mr. Han?” he called. “This girl here needs a new schedule printed up, pronto!”

“Yes, sir!” a voice calls back.

“Anyways, Miss Qian. Do you know where the classes are?”

“Yes, sir,” she replied, but the principal just continued talking.

“You’ll need a tour of this campus, I think.” Clearing his throat, he called out once more: “Mr. Han? This girl here needs a tour! Pronto!”

“Yes, sir!”

“And you know when your schedules are?” Victoria stared, amazed at the principal. How could he transition back and forth from talking to someone outside to talking to me so smoothly? she wondered.

“Miss Qian?” Victoria snapped out of her dazed and astonished trance and blinked at him a few times.

“Yes? I mean, yes sir!”

“No, I do not think so, Miss Qian,” he frowned. “You will need a schedule of the whole week, and the individual days. Mr. Han! She also needs a time schedule!”

“Yes, sir!”

Victoria shook her head. Just as how the principal was amazing, the person outside was just as amazing as he, or even more. She began to feel respect for that Mr. Han.

“I think that is all. You’ll need to do some extra coursework, things that must be done in order for you to be efficient in learning the new things here at this college, and perhaps meet all your teachers beforehand. The tour should do that, though. I’m glad you’re here, have fun, and welcome to our college, and your new home away from home.” With that final word, he leaned back in his wheelie chair and smiled satisfactorily.

“Um, yes, sir.” She bowed quickly and left, looking for the Mr. Han so frequently mentioned during her talk with the principal.

“Miss Qian?” Out of nowhere, the person who had led her to the office popped up and smiled. “Here is your new schedule, and a student is coming to introduce you to the campus, and the time schedule also.” He plopped a manila folder on her hands, still keeping that warm smile of his.

Shaking her head, she asked, “How do you do this? It’s amazing.”

At her words, Mr. Han laughed and his eyes twinkled. “I have my ways,” he replied.

Victoria was about to say more, but a student came into the room. Mr. Han looked around her to greet the student, and in turn she turned around as well.

“Ah, Khun! You’re here.” Turning to Victoria, Mr. Han said, “This here is Nickhun Horvejkul. He’s the freshman body president here.”

Bowing politely, Victoria introduced herself. “Hello, my name is Qian Song. Please call me Victoria.” They exchanged polite smiles.

Nickhun showed her around, and they talked and everything. Victoria found out she was actually older by two years, but Nickhun had gotten in college early because he skipped two grades--one in elementary, and one in middle--through his homeschooling. He wasn't Korean, either, like Victoria herself, and they shared many common things together.

At the end of the tour, they had exchanged numbers in promise of contacting with each other and parted ways.

Her classes were very much like the rest of the gang's: introductions, welcomes, judgements that ended thankfully positive, and getting extra work for starting late.

During lunch, she sat with a couple of other freshmen, and Nickhun turned out to be quite the popular guy around because he was so nice, and to the girls he was so handsome. Thus Nickhun's table was crowded, much to Victoria's disappointment.

Later that day, they bumped into each other once more, chatted for a few moments, and said their farewells.

 

 

•     •     •     • 

 

 

"...and that's just about it," Victoria finishes. The room is silent for a while, taking it all in, and then the girls starts to talk.

"Vic-umma, was he really that handsome?" Krystal wonders.

"Yup. He's from Thailand." The girls all sighed dreamily.

"Do  you have his picture, umma?" Amber pipes up. "I'm curious of how he looks like. They say the eyes are the windows of the soul; we can see if he's actually a good person."

"Are you sure you don't want to see him for yourself? He's your age, after all," Luna teases.

Amber becomes shocked, then turns pink. "No," she quickly defends. "I don't care for boys at the moment."

"Aw, you're turning pink, Amber-unnie." Sulli laughs as Amber turns even brighter.

"Guys," she whines. "It's not like that."

"How cute," Victoria says, which makes everyone laugh more than ever. "They all say it's not like that."

Amber quickly scans the room, looking for a distraction. When she finally spots one, she smiles mischeviously and says, "How about you, Vic-umma? What do you think about him? You always said you like the younger, right?"

Victoria stops smiling, and blushes even harder than Amber. She tries to hide it, but fails to. The room roars with side-splitting laughter as they see the Victoria they know as responsible turning red.

"You like him already, noona?" Taemin asks incredulously. "Wow, he sure must be good-looking." At that, everyone but Taemin and Victoria almost screams in laughter.

"It's not like that," Victoria protests, but to no avail.

"You said, and I quote, 'they all say it's not like that,'" Amber retorts, happy to finally have revenge.

"No, seriously." She sighs, and whines even more. "Guys! Stop!"

As they keep teasing Victoria with her 'new-found love,' as Krystal calls it, Minho stops to wipe tears from his eyes and sees Krystal full-out laughing. He freezes and tries not to stare, afraid that he'd make this side of Krystal go hide again.

From the corner of his eyes, he focuses as much as he can without being obvious about it. He realizes how pretty Krystal can be, with her hair out of her face and a smile on her lips. Her eyes are dancing with sparkles of joy, and her face is glowing brightly--

Minho blinks once, twice, and about five more times as he realizes what he had just said. He knows he isn't that type of person, such a romantic and poetic person. So he tries to shake off this weird feeling and concentrates again on Victoria.

What he doesn't know is that Jonghyun had actually seen all this, and was smiling at his dongsaeng creepily. At this time, the dinosaur is thinking, It's time to have some fun. I haven't played matchmaker in such a long while. MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!


Is it short? I hope not. But anyways, how'd you like it? I added in a bit of a Minstal in, but prepare for more. Up until now I was focusing more on the plot and getting it moving, and now that the beginning has settled down, get ready for the middle fun--full of fluff and funny things. At least, I try to make it like that. Anywho, today is mostly focused on Vic's first day of school! YAY! Because last time, I focused on the high-schoolers, remember? I felt Victoria needed a turn as well. Jonghyun's going to play matchmaker! That's going to be fun to write. And hopefully to read as well. And also: I wasn't going to finish the Vic part until later, but then I had a dream. I was hosting some kind of celebrity match-up game, where everyone gets matched up with another celebrity, right? And realistically, not all of my fave couples got to become with each other, but one did. KEYBER! So I was fangirling inside, but Key was like NO and Amber was sad because Key was like NO. That meant one thing--Amber likes Key but Key doesn't! At least, on the outside. And then it keeps going like that, Amber not even trying because she's so sad and Key just generally being mean to Amber. I think Key liked Amber too but didn't want to show it, and kept just being mean and everything. And at the end... I woke up. It was so sad, but it still inspired me enough to write this. Hehe, hope you like. Most of you probably didn't read this. Because it's so long and everything.