nine.

One Gamer, One Life

"And this is your new home, girls!" Mrs. Choi says proudly while flinging open the door. Or trying to, because somehow her hands slipped and she just hit her hand on the door. "Ow!"

The girls behind her tries to stifle their laughter, and Krystal and Jinri manages to consume it first, being the actresses of the group. "Are you okay, mom?" Jinri innocently asks.

"Ugh, yes. And you can all laugh freely, girls," she grumbles with a smile. With her permission, the girls let out their giggles while Mrs. Choi opens the door successfully this time.

The giggling dies down after the new apartment is revealed. The girls, in shock, stares at the beautiful decor of the new place. The apartment has white, simple furniture, with cream-colored walls and wooden floors. On one side of the wall there is a see-through sliding window that leads out to the veranda, which has a marble floor and marble sides. As the girls takes it all in, Mrs. Choi looks at the girls with a proud smile on her face.

"Well? You like it so far?" Vigorous nods answer her question, and she takes the group into one of the three separate rooms. "Here is the first room." The first room has one bunk bed, one blue and one yellow desks facing away from each other, each on different walls. There is a wooden, white bookshelf that stands next to the blue desk, also a pink carpet on the floor. In this room, Jinri and Krystal at the end of the group send signals to each other.

"And here's the second." The second one is right next to the first one, and is bigger than the first. Instead of a bunk bed, though, there is two separate single-sized beds. A side table is next to one, with a lamp, and there is also two desks, one a natural wooden and the other a soft red. There is no bookshelf there; instead, the two desks both has a bookshelf column thing (you know, when it's not just a desk but has shelves and stuff?) provided. Luna eyes the wooden-looking desk with interest.

"This room is the last one." The last one is the smallest of all three, containing a twin-sized bed and a green desk, with a mini bookshelf next to it in the same color. Next to the bed is a side table with a lamp and small shelves underneath. This time it's Victoria who makes a little noise of appreciation. Amber makes no reactions to any of the rooms, but notices everyone else's, and decides to just go to the last place available.

The kitchen has marbled tops and metal sinks, and lots of white cabinets under it as well as above, while the dining room is connected to the kitchen and living room, so basically a white, long table with eight seats. The bathroom is a simple bathroom, with a big mirror covering the top half of the sink counter place.

"So, girls," Mrs. Choi starts as they go back to the living room. "Who wants which room?" At first, there is silence, as the girls look at each other with hesitation. But within seconds, screaming is heard as they run towards the room they want. Krystal is pulled by Sulli into the first room, where they had sent signals to each other to take, while Victoria claims the single bed one. Luna reaches the biggest room, and Amber, being the calmest, just waits until everyone picks one and joins Luna to take the last empty spot.

"I see everything worked out without a problem," Mrs. Choi calls out to the girls at the end of the hallway. "Well then, I will be on the next floor showing the boys their new home."

"Bye, Mrs. Choi/Auntie/Mom!" they call out in response.

 

    •        

 

"Hey, boys, I'm here!" Mrs. Choi cheerfully says. The boys, who had been waiting outside the apartments half-cheers and half-groans.

"Auntie, we've been waiting forever," Jonhyun says. "Why do females always take so long?" The rest of the boys grumbles in agreement while Mrs. Choi laughs.

"Oh well, what's done is what's done. Let's go now! No need to wait anymore!" The boys, still groaning and grumbling complaints, slowly follows the happy Mrs. Choi up to the third floor, one floor above the girl's floor.

"Here we are!" This time, she takes special care to not slip when she flings open the door. The boys, unlike the girls, immediately responds to the black, classy interior, marble floor, and wall-to-wall white carpeting, as well as the glassed window-doors that leads to the veranda (that's the same with the girls' ones)

"Yeah! This is what we're talking about!" Jonghyun pumps his fist up in the air as if he had won.

"Nice," Minho shortly compliments.

"A bit too black-and-white for me," Key counters, pouting. "We should add a bit of pink or red. Or yellow."

"Key hyung, no pink for us," Taemin whines. "I like it like this."

"Whatever floats the boat," Onew tells Mrs. Choi. "But I do like how the interior is arranged."

"Well, glad you guys all like it," Mrs. Choi says loudly to be heard over the other voices. "Let's look at the other rooms. First here's the kitchen." The kitchen is also has a black-and-white classy look. This time, instead of pouting, Key nods in satisfaction.

"Do you like this one, Key-hyung?" Taemin asks, noticing the nod. "How come you didn't like the same style in the living room?"

"Taemin, Taemin, Taemin," Key tsks with a motherly tone. "You don't know a thing about kitchens, do you?" He sighs in worry while Taemin looks confused.

"Okay then, here's the first room," Mrs. Choi introduces, still keeping the bright smile on her face. The first room has a dark purple mini-sofa in it, which Minho keeps glancing at, with a bunk bed. There's one black desk in a corner with a big lamp, while a big white one is facing the same wall with a peach bookshelf in between. There's a mini refrigerator in it, too, which all boys (especially Taemin) looks at with want.

"Second!" The second one is even bigger than the first, which is saying a lot, but has less furniture and more color. A pink carpet (which makes Key smile), two different single-sized beds, and green side tables on each side of the bed can be noticed right away. The desks are both really cool-looking glass ones (Jonghyun runs his hand on it with a nod) that are naturally clear-colored. They have mini shelves next to each one, also a bigger shelf on another wall, which is also made of glass.

"And last but not least, the third." The third, like the third one in the girls', is a small, cozy room in which all boys looks disinterested in except Onew, since he just goes with the flow and doesn't care. It's like a twin version of Victoria's except with different colors--the black-and-white classy look.

They pile out of the small room into the living room, where Mrs. Choi (who knows that boys are more fierce and competitive than the girls) makes them sit down on the leather black sofa until she calls the go.

"Ready, get, set, and..." she stalls for time "Go!" All the boys argue on the way there until Taemin and Minho are in the first room high-fiving, and Key and Jonghyun (complaining to each other that they don't want to be roommates with the other so get out) fights in the second and Onew who had noticed nobody liked the last room settles in there happily.

"I'm glad that's all that. I'll be going, then! Meet me this coming Monday at the Home Furnitures Co. to buy other stuff, okay?" Mrs. Choi calls out. "Goodness," she says to herself. "I'm going to lose my voice being with the boys." She walks out of the apartment shaking her head.

 

    •       

 

Meanwhile, in a dark, dirty place that can be hardly called a house, a loud, frustrated scream accompanied by the sound of breaking glass can be heard. Then, in the total silence that follows, a fellow listener can barely make out the few words uttered by the screamer: "I'll catch her."


What's up, my folks? :) I've updated: yay! So now the boys and girls are settling in their new homes, while a probably-not-so-mysterious person is frustrated. Just a word about the houses: they are super similar, because they're both from the same apartment place. Let's call that place Seoul Apartments. Sorry, I'm not very original. And when I try to be, it just is too weird. Anyways, so the settings are basically the same, so places I didn't explain in the boys' apartment is just the same with the girls'. The rooms are slightly different, as in the boys' rooms has more stuff while the girls' don't. Well, that's because I just needed stuff to say that the SHINee members were interested in the room because of blah blah blah. This A/N is going long, so I'll cut it short here. Thanks to those who commented and subscribed, and those who just silently read. I hope you like this story!