eighteen.

One Gamer, One Life

The next day, a Sunday, the religious ones go to church and the non-religious stays home.

When those who went out comes back, the group finishes up the remaining homeowrk in the girls' apartment. Chatting, laughing, and momentarily arguing, the gang works their way to end their work.

Jonghyun and Amber lies on the carpet; the Choi siblings and Taemin sits on the sofa; Luna, Victoria, and Onew works at the dinner table; Key and Krystal are on the other sofa, next to Ssul, Taem, and Minho.

In result, the ones on the sofa ends up talking together. Jonghyun and Amber talks to themselves while occasionally joining in on the conversation with those on the sofa. The leaders with Luna just stays in their own little world.

However, Krystal refuses to talk with Minho due to the previous incident. Sulli only laughs at the situation as Minho swears it wasn't on purpose. In fact, the sister betrays her older brother by siding with her best friend. Key and Taemin just stands at the sidelines, smiling and commenting, while Minho tries in vain to change the mind of one stubborn girl.

Then the next thing one knows, the quietly smiling Key and the laughing Amber starts to fight. It happens so fast that nobody knows what happened except for the two. Apparently, the group's tomboy made a joke about how "losers attract losers," and Key had overheard. For some reason, he thought Amber was making fun of him for losing on DDR the past Friday (it was still bothering him), so he'd in turn made a nasty comment about tomboys.

And just like that, the two had engaged in another battle.

"I would've won if I hadn't fallen," Key retorts.

"Well, that just defeats the purpose of why I helped you up," Amber shoots back.

Key's face is blank, then his eyes narrow dangerously. "Oh, I so knew that you didn't do that from the goodness of your heart. Probably because you don't have a goodness in your heart!"

Fully riled up, Amber seethes, "Not for you I don't. Besides, your whining makes my ears hurt!"

With a sarcastic smirk, he answers haughtily, "Aww, our little baby Amber can't take the awesomeness of my voice, because she's so jealous."

"Aww," his enemy copies immediately. "Our little boo Key can't take losing to a 'little baby,' because he's so shallow."

"You!" Key screams.

"Yes, me." This time, it's Amber who radiates the haughty aura. "Bow at my feet, you losing peasant."

"Oh, you're going to get it!"

"Quite the opposite, beggar."

Key launches himself at Amber, who unfortunately is still lying down. She quickly rolls out of the way, springs up and taunts her chaser. "I guess you can't even get a girl."

"As if you are a girl," Key shouts.

"Here, mousey-mousey," Amber laughs. She sticks out her tongue and shuffles out of the way when Key tries to jump her again.Now the rest of the housemates are watching. They cheer, they laugh, and they make commentaries on how things are going.

Long story short, Key runs out of breath, vows to kill her the next time, and Amber ends up sneaking up to him while he's grumbling and bonks him in the head. And so, all matters end peacefully-- Amber 1, Key 0.

In the next three months, this routine continues and Key and Amber ties at about 53:53, according to Taemin and Sulli. Speaking of them, the two plus Krystal becomes closer than ever due to the fact that the others are pretty busy, what's with schoolwork and all (since they're seniors, juniors, or in college). Sometimes, when the three of them went out to somewhere, Minho, Amber, or Luna would join them.

Victoria spends more time with Nickhun, whom the rest of the group didn't meet yet. She gets teased a lot because of this. However, she also learns some secrets and suspicions that she can use to get back on them-- Minho told Onew about his Taelli suspicions, and he in turn told Victoria. They both approved and became additional matchmakers. Jonghyun also told Victoria about MinStal suspicions, and she shared this with Onew. Again, the leaders approved and becaome matchmakers.

Fortunately for Minho, Krystal grudgingly forgives and forgets when Sulli finally helps her desperate brother out.

 

 

 

•     •     •     •

 

 

 

[NOTE: Just a reminder; this is three months later, and they kept up the Friday nights, going to different places each time, including the arcade.]

 

All ten of them are walking home, after "picking up" Victoria from college.

Minho and Krystal are discussing with sport they want to join, Vic-umma is talking with Nickhun on the phone and trying to ignore the eavesdropping Taemin and Sulli. Jonghyun and Onew discusses math, and Luna is breaking up Key and Amber's argument after laughing at the silly two.

Suddenly, a voice calls out to them. "Hey! You guys!" As one, the group turns around to see a random girl running over to them.

Exchanging confused glances, Victoria says a quick goodbye to Nickhun and snaps her phone shut. (A/N: She has no smartphone. Hehe.) She steps forward and waits for the girl to reach them. With a polite yet baffled smile, she asks, "May we help you?"

The person finally comes into the range of speaking distance. Excessively pantint, the girl tries to smile. "You guys are from the karaokes last Friday, right?"

The gang nods hesitantly, still questioning this random conversation.

"Is she, like, a fangirl?" Taemin whispers to Sulli.

Sulli scoffs. "We're too local to be famous, oppa."

"Oh."

Amber then notices the girl's uniform. "You go to our school?"

"Yup!" the girl says proudly. After catching her breath, she straightens up and offers a hand. "Kwon Yuri is my name. I'm a senior."

"Like me!" Onew smiles.

Victoria takes her hand politely. "And?"

"Oh! I just wanted to tell you that I listened to you all on Friday--"

"See, she is a fangirl," Taemin whispers.

"--and I just wanted to tell you there's this national competition coming up for highschool to college students."

"No, she's not," Sulli whispers back.

"Oh."

Vic-umma looks back at Onew with questioning eyes. When he shrugs, she turns back to Yuri. "What does this have to do with us?"

"It's a dancing and singing group competition," the girl emphasizes.

"So you want us to participate?"

"Well, that's your choice, but I think you guys would do awesome." She keeps talking as she reaches into her bag for a folder. "I'm competing also, with four other girls, but that shouldn't be of your interest." Yuri takes out a sheet of paper from the folder. "Here's the official requirements and rules paper. Hope you guys do decide to join the competition! You guys did awesome."

With another cheerful smile and wave, Yuri starts running back to a group of girls.

Everyone looks at her go. Dumbfounded, Victoria looks at the paper in her hands. "2013 Group Competition," she reads aloud. "Maximum amount of people in one group: 5; minimum: 2."

All throughout the time it takes to walk home, the girl leader continues reading out loud. "Prepare a cover or self-made song with self-made choreography. Dancing or singing only is permitted only in the first round. To register group, fill out the form on the website below. All information supplied on website. If caught breaking the rules, the group as a whole will be disqualified. 12 rounds to the preliminaries, 5 rounds to the championships. One group must prepare five songs each: 2 to use, 3 for back up. If a group gets into the preliminaries, 5 songs must be prepared, allowed to use songs from before..."

By the time they reach the apartments, Victoria manages to read everything on the sheet of paper.

Without even discussing, they all knew that they would participate. Over the months they had been together, they had found out everyone liked music or performing arts in one way or another.

The girls would be one group, the boys the other. Even if it means that they will compete against each other, all agreed no grudges would be held if one group got further than the other. The two groups will fight, but it won't be serious.

Except, of course, for the regularly fighting two.

"We're so going to beat you guys at the least," boasts Amber.

"Oh yeah?" Key challenges. "You wish."

"Ha! You mean, you wish that I wished," the girl scoffs.

"Only time will tell," comes the reply. The boy suddenly stops, and puts on a listening face. "What's that? Time is saying we'll win? Sorry, but it must be true, slimy lizard."

"As if, tiny mouse."

"Freaky tomboy."

"Girly diva."

"Weirdo alien."

"Whiny kid."

"Kid?! Excuse me, but I'm older than you."

"Excuse me, but I'm more mature than you. Age is just a number, after all."

"You just didn't see my mature side yet."

"Psh. Excuses will get you nowhere."

"Call me oppa from now on."

"Only if you call me noona from now on."

"Wait. Why?"

"Why? Obviously, my brain is older than you."

"You have no proof. As a scientific, smart man, I need my proof."

"You want proof? Fine, whoever's group wins the contest gets to be called older."

"Fine."

"Fine."

And so, under the group's watch, Amber and Key bet their entire prides onto the simple matter.

 

 

•     •     •     •

 

 

 

"Hyung!" Taemin calls. "Another letter from that Sooyeon Jung. Is she your ex or something?"

 

 


Yo people! Another update that's at least not too short... right? Hehe, sorry if it is. I ended with a slight cliffhanger again, just because I'm evil like that. If you didn't understand KeyBer's conversation from waaaay back, Amber helped Key up supposedly because she didn't want to hear him whining and using that as an excuse as to why he didn't win. And I wanted to speed things up, so we fast-forwarded to three months later. The competition mentioned here will start in this story's next year. So not in 2014 for us, but more like their next year. Does that make sense? No? You'll see. What else... Yuri makes an appearance here! She's a senior, like Onew, and she will be a pretty important character later. No spoilers from me, though. Even if it's probably obvious. Subscribers are awesome, comments muchly appreciated, and upvotes... are just upvotes, I guess? I'm not much for them, even if I'm thankful for upvoters. Comments impact me more, I suppose. Oh! And I'm planning to get a poster and review. Hopefully they'll be fine. Await the next chapters, mates!