A Day Off

It's Your Turn

“Ahh, I’m so tired.”

Tiffany collapsed onto the couch of the hotel room.

“I don’t think I’ll be able to survive tomorrow.” Jessica sighed and collapsed onto the other end of the couch.

Taeyeon sat down in the kitchen area on a stool and stared at the floor.

“Well you guys are lucky.  Tomorrow is a day off.  Our next performance is on Saturday.  Then we get another week of break before 2nd Japan Arena Tour starts.”  Hyoyeon walked off to get ready to shower.

Three girls sat in silence for five minutes when Sooyoung interrupted.

“Jessica, you should go to bed earlier since you tend to sleep longer.”

“But I’m not-”

She caught Sooyoung’s hint and left obediently.

“Tiffany, Taeyeon, you guys should go to bed soon, as well.  Goodnight.”

Sooyoung followed Jessica, leaving the main area to the awkward pair.  As the door closed behind her, Taeyeon joined Tiffany on the couch, hoping to start a mood-lifting conversation.  Instead, she continued to stare the floor.

“Tae?  You seem troubled.”

“What advice would you give to someone, if they were having trouble making a decision?  They know which option is the right one but their heart tells them to do otherwise.”

“I would tell them to spend more time thinking about that decision if they can, so that way, regardless of the decision made, there would be no regrets.”

Taeyeon bit her lip and allowed the thought to linger in her head.

“No regrets?”

“Or maybe, Tae, that you’re just afraid of what might happen when you make that decision.”

“I didn’t say it was me.  Maybe I’m asking for Seohyun.”

“Ahaha, drop it.”

“Okay…”

“Besides, Seohyun would pick the right choice right away even if it does hurt her.  She’s a good kid even if it’s not beneficial to her.”

“I guess you’re right.”

“What’s troubling you?”

“Nothing… really.”

“You’re lying.”

“Just give me time to figure it out, Fany.  I’m fine.”

Tiffany looked deeply into Taeyeon’s eyes and wrapped her arms around her.

“I understand if this is something you need to figure out on your own.  I just want you to know that I’d do anything to help you.”

“Thanks.”

“As of now though, I can tell that this is really bothering you.  I’ll do everything in my power to make you feel better.”

“You really don’t have to.”

“Since we have the day off tomorrow too…  I’ll stay up all night, trying, if I have to!”  Tiffany put on the smile that Taeyeon was never able to say ‘no’ to.

“What are we going to do?”

“We can just talk and joke around.  Maybe we can sing?”

“Fany, we’ve been singing and dancing all night.  You said you were tired!”  Taeyeon smiled.

“流れてく景色, ふと深呼して, 見上げた空の果て, あなたの声がした.”

“遠く離れていても, 目を閉じればほら, 心はそばにいる.”

“…”

“Fany?”

Tiffany held Taeyeon tightly and said, “No matter how far apart we are, if I close my eyes…”

“I see our hearts are connected.” Taeyeon smiled.

“Because YOU TWO know more than anybody else the strength in the meaning of love.”

Taeyeon and Tiffany looked up and saw Sooyoung, Jessica, Hyoyeon, and Sunny peeking out from the bedroom door.  Sunny walked towards the pair as the other three returned to their beds.

“Guys, it’s 3am.  What are you doing?”

“Sorry if we woke you up.  We’ll quiet down.”  Taeyeon apologized.

Sunny looked at them through tired eyes and then returned to the bedroom.  The two giggled and laughed at Sunny’s appearance.

“Hahaha!  Her hair looks like a mess!”  Taeyeon laughed.

“She has circles around her eyes!”  Tiffany clapped loudly.

Suddenly they heard a loud voice resonating from the bedroom, “Yah!  I heard those remarks!  TaeNy, GO TO BED!”

The rest of the members in both bedrooms burst out in laughter.

______________________________

 

Wake up…

Wake up…

“YAH!  Not again!  Taeyeon, Tiffany, wake up!”

Taeyeon’s eyes snapped open and she found herself sitting upright on the couch with Tiffany resting her head on her shoulder.

“Are you planning on sleeping like this for the entire day?”  Jessica laughed.

“Mmmnhhh.  Shush…”  Taeyeon wiped away the drool on her chin.

“Relax, Sica.  We won’t copy your schedule.” Tiffany’s eyes popped open as she came to Taeyeon’s defense.

“Ooooohhh…”  Sooyoung laughed.

“Nice comeback, Fany.  But I’ve decided that instead of sleeping, let’s all go to the amusement park!”

Tiffany jumped up in excitement.

“Yeah, let’s go!  …  Tae?”

She looked down and saw the kid faced leader slipping away into the dream world again.

“Jessica, we’ll meet you there.  I’ll take care of the kid.”  Tiffany grabbed Taeyeon’s arm and pulled her up.

Little did the others know, Taeyeon stayed up all night watching Tiffany sleep and trying to sort out her thoughts.

“Taeyeon, ah!  Why are you so tired today?  We slept for 8 hours!”

“I couldn’t sleep, Fany.”

“Alright, Tae, that’s it.  Tell me what’s been troubling you for the past few days, or else!”

“Or else what?”

“Or else…”

“Hm?”

“I don’t know.”

“Don’t I always have the advantage, since I know all your weaknesses?”

“I’m trying to help you!  Now tell me what’s wrong.”

“Nothing’s wrong, Fany.  Don’t worry.  I just have a lot of thoughts flying around in my head.”

“Maybe I can help sort them out right now.”

“Yes, we can.  Or…  We can go ride rollercoasters instead!”

Taeyeon grabbed Tiffany’s hand and ran with her to the bathroom.

“Why did you drag me here?”

“Get ready.  We’re going to leave in 15 minutes.”

Taeyeon left to go change into more comfortable clothing while Tiffany brushed her teeth and fixed her hair.  After 10 minutes, they rotated.

“Tae!”

“Hm?”

“Have you seen my pink sweater?  I can’t seem to-”

“Hehehe, sorry.  Mind if I borrow it for today?”

“Ugh, fine.”

Of course, deep inside, Tiffany was proud to see Taeyeon wearing pink since she almost never did.  When the two of them were ready, they headed to the amusement park.

“Oh!  Hey, can we go on the roller coaster first?  Please, please, please!”

“Alright, alright, calm down, Fany!”

“Maybe we should buy one of those animal masks or something.”

“Yeah, people might recognize us.”

After five minutes of standing in a crowded line, Taeyeon put on a kitten mask and Tiffany wore a puppy mask.  Taeyeon didn’t really like the idea of masks since she couldn’t see Tiffany’s smile behind it, but it would be the only way they could be alone without chaos.

“AHH Taeyeon!  I’m scared!”

“I thought you…  r-r-r-eally liked-d-d roller c-c-coasters!”

While going through the last couple of turns and drops, Tiffany grabbed Taeyeon’s hand and held it tighter than ever.

“Ahh!  Fany, your grip is really strong!”

“Sorry!!!”

Truthfully though, Taeyeon didn’t mind the pain.  It was worth it.

The two of them spent the entire day off by themselves on thrill rides and carnival games.  They had completely forgotten about the other members who were waiting for them to arrive.

“Hey, Tae Tae!”

“Hm?”

“Let’s go on this!”

Tiffany pointed to the heart shaped entrance.

“Love Tunnel…  Fany, that’s a couple ride.”

“Oh well.  Let’s ride together!  Please!”

“Alright, alright.”

Taeyeon smiled as she was dragged through the entrance by Tiffany.  The two of them sat down comfortably as the ride began moving and ripped off the masks.  In the tunnel, Tiffany observed in awe at all of the pink, heart shaped objects that decorated the entire tunnel while Taeyeon observed in awe at Tiffany.

“Oh, it’s time for the picture!  Pose!”

Tiffany leaned over and kissed Taeyeon on the cheek, who immediately began blushing.

As the ride was coming to an end, Taeyeon’s face was still flushed and Tiffany was smiling brightly.  When they reached the open exit, they found the other members waiting for them.  Yoona looked at them and said,

“TaeNy on a couple ride?  Wow!”

“Haha, hey, Yoona.  Look at their picture.”  Yuri grabbed the photo from the assistant near the exit.

“Wow, Tae.  Aren’t you lucky today!” Yoona gave her a playful punch on the arm.

“Unnie, your face is really red!” Seohyun laughed at the secretly happy girl who was smiling like a dork.

The girls made their way to the car together.  While Jessica and Sunny were busy telling stories at the front of the group, the others crowded around to listen.  Taeyeon stood a small distance behind them and watched.  Tiffany decided to keep Taeyeon company and stretched out her arm to hold Taeyeon’s hand.  Of course, without hesitation, Taeyeon obeyed.

“Today was fun, right?”

“I enjoyed every second of it!”

“I’m glad you liked it, Tae.”

They both smiled and returned to the hotel.