Jet Lag

It's Your Turn

Happy 4000 views AND 100 subscribers!!!!!!

Sorry for the wait on this chapter!  Since you’re all such awesome readers, I wrote a special triple update for you!  Three consecutive days with an update each day!  Please enjoy!

A note for later, I have exams coming up soon. So I may not be as active in June.  Please forgive me!!!

“Taeyeon…  Wake up!”

“I don’t… want to…”  Taeyeon trailed off as she buried her face into her pillow.

“Why not, you lazy bum?”

“My heart hurts too much.” 

“Aish, Taeyeon, you have to pull yourself up.  Tiffany would want you to be happy.”

“I guess I’m letting her down again.”

“Well, then.  Maybe you’ll just have to miss her opening pitch…”

“WHAT.”  Taeyeon jumped out of bed and ran straight to the living room.  She the sports network channel and waited.

“Hahaha, I was kidding.  Her pitch is TOMORROW.”

“Why…”  Taeyeon rubbed her eyes and tipped over.

“You spent so much time sulking in bed that you lost track of time… by a lot.  Seohyun told me to wake you up.”  Sunny grabbed Taeyeon by the arm and attempted to pull her up.

“Let me sulk in peace, please.”  Taeyeon tipped over again and buried her face into the couch pillow.

“Okay, I need to get Sooyoung.  I can’t handle this.”  Sunny left the room and returned with the shikskin.  After whispering a few words into her ear, Sunny left and closed the door behind her.

“Taeyeon…  Do you want to talk about it?”

Well…  I can’t cry forever.  My crying makes you sad.  I don’t want to do that.

“She’s too far away.”

“Ahh…  I see what’s wrong.”

“Siwon and the distance between me and Tiffany…  I can’t take it anymore.”

“What do you mean?”

“Maybe it’s time to move on.”

“You’re giving up so easily?  That doesn’t sound like So Nyuh Shi Dae’s leader.”

“I’ve tried, Sooyoung.  I’ve exhausted myself in holding onto her more than ever.  I’ve tried to show her how I feel.  I’ve put her before me in all situations.  I’ve sacrificed anything in a second to have some time with her.  I’ve tried everything.”

“You didn’t tell her.”

“I wanted to make her figure it out instead of coming out to say it.  She wouldn’t be hit as hard with the realization.”

“Your feelings to her are like that one bottle of sauce in the fridge that she can’t find.  It’s right in front of her, but she can’t see it.  At the same time, it’s really obvious to everyone else.”

“You’re always thinking about food, aren’t you?”

“And you’re always thinking about Tiffany, aren’t you?”

“Touche.”

“I don’t want to make the decision for you, but I really think you should hold on to Tiffany.”

“Why?”

“Admit it.  You’re going to kill yourself over heartbreak when you try to move on.  You’ve loved her for too long to let go of all this.  And after that, you won’t be able to look at her as just your friend.”

“But she’s happy with Siwon.  I shouldn’t get in her way.”  Taeyeon buried her face into her hands.

“I didn’t tell you to interfere.  I’m suggesting that maybe you should believe.  Have some hope.”

“Holding on really hurts.”

“Letting go will hurt even more.”

“But what about now?  She’s off in LA.”

“Support her.  Watch her opening pitch.”

____________________

I guess I should watch you pitch.

Even if it hurts me to see you sometimes,

I will always support you.

Besides…

You’re beautiful.

How can I not?

Taeyeon’s eyes widened and her heart pounded.  She was watching the sports channel and Tiffany was shown, walking around and posing.

You look absolutely stunning in a baseball outfit…

Tiffany waved and smiled at all of her fans.  She turned and walked closer to the middle of the field.

Wait…

Taeyeon leaned forward and squinted.

“HEY!  Oh my gosh!  Look!  Look!”  Taeyeon’s heart raced as she pointed to the screen and jumped up and down.

“What is it?”  Seohyun asked as the girls leaned closer to Taeyeon and looked at the screen with curiosity.

“She’s wearing my jersey number!”  Taeyeon pointed to Tiffany’s back and then rolled happily on the floor.

“Calm down.  She’s about to pitch.”  Jessica lightly nudged Taeyeon with her foot.  Upon hearing this sentence, Taeyeon snapped back into a sitting position and waited patiently for the pitch.  On the screen, Tiffany stepped in front of the pitch mound and prepared herself.  Taeyeon watched beautiful Tiffany step back, pause…

bring her arm up,

and throw…

Seven girls burst into laughter as the ball went straight into the floor.  It wasn’t as bad as Jessica’s, but it was far from decent.  Taeyeon was left sitting on the floor, completely still, and quiet.

“Taeyeon, what are you staring at?”  Yuri asked.

“Bless this cameraman for the backside shots.”  Taeyeon’s mouth was wide open and her eyes sparkled.

“Yah, Byuntae!”  Yoona, Jessica, and Sunny all leaned forward to playfully smack Taeyeon in the back.

“What?”

“Once a ert, always a ert.”  Yoona laughed.

“So pretty.”  Taeyeon’s eyes continued to sparkle as she admired her crush.

“What?  Her ?”  Hyoyeon laughed.

“No, Tippani is pretty.”  Taeyeon stared and allowed her jaw to hang open.

“Hey, Doctor Seohyun.  What’s Taeyeon’s condition?”  Jessica joked.

“She has a serious condition of love sickness.”  Seohyun giggled along with everyone else.  “Seriously.  We went to have Taeyeon diagnosed for her irregular heartbeats a while back.  The doctor said she was in love.  I even have a copy of the record to prove it.”

“Aw Taeyeon, is that true?”  Yuri shook Taeyeon’s shoulder.  The kid leader sat quietly for a while before responding.

“I’m in love…”  Taeyeon’s face showed a small, warm smile.  “I’m in love with Tiffany.”

I didn’t hesitate.

I’m certain.

I’m in love with you.

Her grin grew until she was smiling from ear to ear and her chin dimples were very noticeable.

Only you have this effect on me.

If even possible, Taeyeon smiled even wider.

And I absolutely love it.

“…  Taeyeon?  Earth to Taeyeon!”  Jessica shook Taeyeon by the shoulders.

“Sica, don’t disturb her daydreaming.  She has her head in the clouds a lot because she sees Tiffany up there.”  Sooyoung removed Jessica’s strong hands from Taeyeon’s shoulders.

“Hehehe.  Tiffany is my heaven.”  Taeyeon giggled cutely and blushed.

“Wow…”  Sunny raised an eyebrow and laughed.

“Ah!  Did I say that out loud?”  Taeyeon’s face was completely flushed as she covered her cheeks with her palms.

“Lovesick Taeyeon, you should confess to this girl.”  Yuri ruffled Taeyeon’s hair and left the room.  Tiffany had finished pitching and her screen time was over.  Only Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Jessica remained in the living room.

“I will, soon.  When and if she becomes single again.”  Taeyeon nodded her head in confidence.  “Also… When I finally dig up the courage to tell her.”  The confident pose disappeared.

“Just tell her before it’s too late.  Well… Then again…  You have until the day she dies.”

“Don’t you mean when either of us dies?”

“No, because you’re my good friend and if you die first, I’m going to tell her for you.”

“Shouldn’t she hear it from me?”

“Would you rather have her live her entire life without knowing that you fell desperately in love with her?”

“No…”

“Exactly.”

“I’m just scared.  What if she thinks I’m strange, and that I’m creepy?”

“I doubt that.”

“How can you be sure?”

“I’m certain because it’s you and Tiffany.  Nothing could tear you two apart.  You’re always the first person that she looks for after a performance.  She also waits for you all the time.  You wait for her.  You two care for each other a lot.  She wouldn’t just throw it away.  Besides…  You never know.  Maybe she’s in love with you too.”  Sooyoung grinned at the lightly blushing Taeyeon and stood up.  “Maybe you’re both falling for each other and both of you are just too scared to tell each other.”

“When did you become my relationship advisor?”

“Since the day you told me about your crush on Tiffany.”

----------------------FLASHBACK------------------------

“You and Tiffany are so close.  I’ve always wanted a friendship like that.”

“Yeah, we ARE really close.”  Taeyeon grinned.

“You guys make a cute couple.”

“WHAT?”  Taeyeon’s eyes widened and her face turned completely red.

“Whoa, relax.  I’m just kidding.”

“Oh…  Eh…”

“Taeyeon plus Tiffany equals love!”  A devious smile crept upon Sooyoung’s face as she realized how embarrassed Taeyeon was getting.  “Taeyeon and Tiffany!  TaeNy is love!  Jigemeun, TaeNy shi dae!”

“Ahhhh, stop!”  Taeyeon hit Sooyoung on the shoulder and then covered her cheeks with her hands.

“You two should go out.  You can be her girlfriend.  Hahaha!”  At this statement, Taeyeon became silent as Sooyoung continued to laugh.  The blush disappeared and her face became almost serious.

“Sooyoung…  Can you keep a secret?”  Taeyeon almost whispered.

“Yeah, why?”

“…  Tiffany as my girlfriend?”  Taeyeon paused and hesitated.  She bit her lip.  Finally, she finished her small speech with near inaudible words.  “…I wish…”

“WHAT?  REALLY?  YOU LIKE TI-” Sooyoung almost yelled out the secret and fell over as was covered with Taeyeon’s palms.  She managed to keep Sooyoung quiet as Tiffany walked by.

“Hey, guys.”

“Hehh hehh… Hi, Tiffany!”  Sooyoung grinned and looked at Taeyeon.

“Hi, Fany!!!”  Taeyeon’s energy instantly changed from serious and threatening to hyper and happy.

“Hey, Tae Tae.”  Tiffany continued walking.  When the sound of a door closing was heard, Taeyeon let out a deep breath and looked at Sooyoung.

“That was close.”

“Taeyeon.”

“Hm?”

“I never knew you were able to use your aegyo so well!  Nice cover.”

“What aegyo?  … Cover?”

“Wait… That wasn’t intentional?”

“… No…?”

“Your voice rose like three octaves, I swear.  You really like her don’t you?”

“I guess you can say that I’m kinda crazy about her.”  Taeyeon smiled shyly at the floor.

------------------------------FLASHFORWARD----------------------------------

“Oh yeah… I remember now.”  Taeyeon laughed.

“Eventually that one day turned into me being your full time relationship advisor.  Even your shippers call me the TaeNy captain.”

____________________________________

Taeyeon sat alone at the park.  The grass felt soft and comfortable to sit on.  It was almost 6am and she decided to drag herself out of bed after a night of insomnia.  She looked at the pond in front, which reflected the dark sky.  Taeyeon was the first member out of bed and the first one to leave the dorm.  The park is where Taeyeon likes to do all of her thinking.  It was quiet and felt free.  If she looked closely, she could almost see all of her thoughts floating around in the water.  The catch was that she’d have to pick the right one without falling in.

“난 네가 없을 때면 너무 쓸쓸해, 난 네가 아플 때면, 잠 못 들고 걱정해.

I feel lonely when you’re not here.  And I worry about you when you’re sick…

You are my best friend.

I’d like to stay that way.”

Taeyeon stood up and threw a pebble into the water.  It sank as soon as it made contact with the water.

“I’m lying to myself.  I don’t want to stay this way.  I’ve fallen far in love with you that I can’t even trick myself out of it.  But do I really love you this way?”

She threw another pebble into the water.  It skipped once and disappeared under the surface.

“Who am I kidding?  Of course I do.  I just don’t know if I’d want to take it further.  I don’t want to risk ruining anything.  Maybe it’s best that we stay friends.  But…  I’m in love with you.”

The third pebble skipped twice and sank.

“You like Siwon, not me.  I don’t have a chance.  Your religion is against this kind of thing, isn’t it?  All I can do is wait for my feelings to pass.  I have to stop loving you this way.  I have to.

Taeyeon threw another pebble.  It didn’t skip three times.  Instead, it broke in mid-air and sank to the bottom of the pond.

“Alright.  I admit it.  I’m so desperately in love with you that I never want to let go.  I want to pull you close, tell you that I love you and then lean in for a kiss.  I’ve wanted to do that for what felt like an eternity.  Tiffany Hwang, you drive me and my lovesick heart insane.  I’ve never been so crazy about anything or anyone in my life.  I want to confess to you, and I promise that I will.  I will make you mine, one day.  I will tell you how much I love you.  I will tell you how much you mean to me.  I will confess and I will do it without regrets.”

Taeyeon reached down, grabbed a pebble that seemed to fit perfectly in her palms.  She threw it as hard as she could.  It skipped all the way across the pond and landed on the other side.

“I guess that’s my answer.”

Taeyeon sighed and looked off to the horizon that was barely visible over a row of trees.

“Tiffany, I miss you.  I really need a hug right now.  And I only want one from you.”  Taeyeon looked down and put her hands in the pockets of her jeans.

Song lyrics: Jet Lag – Simple Plan ft. Natasha Bedingfield

“I wanna share your horizon…  See the same sun rising…”  Her voice trailed off as she was interrupted by a familiar one.

“Turn the hour hand back to when you were holding me.”

I didn’t need to look.

I knew it was you.

Only your embrace had this comfortable feeling.

Only your voice could send warm shivers down my back.

“I’ve missed you too, Tae Tae.”  Tiffany tightened her hug around Taeyeon’s neck.

“I watched you pitch.”

“Ah… That was embarrassing.”

“No, it was pretty cute.  That makes up for it.”

“Still better than Jessica’s.”  Tiffany’s laugh made Taeyeon’s heart skip a beat.

“You said you would call at night!”

“I’m sorry.  I was so tired that I just fell asleep as soon as I sat down on the bed.”

“You’re not forgiven.”  Taeyeon complained and stepped away from Tiffany to .  Tiffany looked at Taeyeon with puppy dog eyes mixed with a pout face.  Seconds later, it turned into a grin.

“What about now?”  To Taeyeon’s surprise, Tiffany wrapped her arms around her, along with a kiss on the cheek.

“…”

“Am I forgiven now, Tae Tae?”

“Y-yeah, s-s-sure.”

Stop.  Stuttering.

“Good.”  Tiffany chuckled.

“How was the jet lag?”

“I’m not jet lagged.  But my heart sure is, because I’ve missed you!”    Tiffany tightened the hug.

Turn the hour hand back to when you were holding me…

Did we just turn back time?

 

Prepare yourselves for another chapter tomorrow and the day after!  <3