Finally

It's Your Turn

“Fany…”

“Hm?”

“I have…  I have to tell you something.”

Taeyeon paused.  The air filled with tension and silence.  Tiffany looked at Taeyeon who had trembling hands, sweaty palms and a heart beating faster than lightning could strike.  She couldn’t have picked a more perfect time to say it.  The sunlight made Tiffany look perfect and the pond in front of them made Taeyeon think of possibilities.  The answer could be like warm shallow water, or a cold and bottomless sea.  It was time to confess.

And this time…

It wouldn’t be a dream.

Whatever that’s about to happen would be real…

She took a deep breath.

“Tiffany…  I just want you to know that these past years with you have been the best years of my life.  I really enjoy being your best friend.  I know sometimes I burden you with my worries, and sometimes I feel like I push you too hard.  But I want you to know that I do it because I care.”

“Of course I know that, Tae.  Is that really what you wanted to tell me?”

“Yes, but there’s something else too.”

“What is it?”

“As much as I enjoy being your best friend, I’m often confused.”

“Confused?”

“I’m best friends with others as well.  However, you make me feel different.  Around the others, I can freely express myself, and act normally.”

“And around me you can’t?  Why?”

“Around you, I keep trying to control myself.”

“There’s no need, Tae.  You know that.”

“I know.”

“Then why don’t you show me your true self?”

“I do show my true self.  My true self just changes when I’m around you.  The control isn’t even my intention.  Ironic, isn’t it?  My true self is impossible to hide around you.  It’s like… When you’re around, I sometimes lose my ability to speak or sing or dance…  I find myself only able to stand and stare in silence.”

“I don’t understand.”

“The truth is, Fany.  Around you, I feel like I’m flying.”

“… Tae, are you alright?”

“You always ask me why I’m so quiet around you.  Sometimes, when you talk to me, all I can do is stare because I can’t remember any words to say.  When you smile, your eyes make me unable to breathe.  Whenever you frown, I feel like crying.  Whenever you sing, my heart beats to the song.  Whenever you dance, I watch and find myself petrified.  When I think of you, my heart races and I feel like passing out.  It took me forever to realize this too…”

“Tae…”

“I thought so deeply about this for months.  I know that I’m taking a huge risk.  I’m scared that what I say could ruin our friendship.  But I have to be truthful about this.  I finally sorted out what I’ve been thinking and feeling.

I love you more than anything in the world, Tiffany.

Tiffany teared up and she covered in shock.

“No, not in a friendship way.  Not like a best friend or a sister.  I’m IN love with you.  I know…  You probably don’t feel the same way.  I understand.  But I just really needed you to know this.  To know that whenever you feel like nobody loves you or when there’s no hope, that somebody really close by adores every detail about you.  I would run to the ends of the earth and back just to spend one day with you.”

By now, tears were streaming down Tiffany’s face.  Taeyeon looked at her for what felt like an eternity, waiting for a response.  Finally, she uncovered .

“Taeyeon…  I remember the time you stayed up all night for me just to teach me the dance that I couldn’t get right.  I remember the time you made me feel better when I couldn’t hit the right notes in a song.  I remember that you’d always give me the last piece of food because you wanted me to be healthy.  I remember when we didn’t have an umbrella and you gave me your sweater when it was raining.  I remember passing out from exhaustion and you carried me back to the hotel room.  I remember the one day…

When I was sick and you made me laugh.”

By now, both girls were crying rivers for each other.

“Tiffany, I know this is something new.  This is new for me and it’s new for you too.  But I want us to be more than friends.  Even more than what we are now.  Would-”

Before a split second could pass, Tiffany pushed herself into Taeyeon’s familiar warm embrace and said,

“I thought you’d never ask.”

After a minute had gone by, Taeyeon stepped back and looked at Tiffany.  She could feel her heart pounding and her face burning.  Before she allowed herself to become shy and back away from Tiffany, she leaned in for a kiss.

One…

Two…

Three…

Taeyeon wanted to stay like this forever.  This was a dream come true for her:  being with her best friend after falling desperately in love with her even though she didn’t think she’d have much of a chance.  As much as Taeyeon wanted to keep going, Tiffany couldn’t help but smile and she broke the kiss.

“I’ve wanted to do that for almost forever, Fany.”

“Tae.”

“Hm?”

“Let’s go somewhere away from our manager, more frequently.”

“Why?”

“So that I can kiss you the next time you send me pink flowers.”

“You read my entry in your book?”

“Of course!  I read it right after you wrote it.  I wanted to make my first entry in the travel book but saw your writing when I opened it.”

“So you’ve known for a long time, huh?”

“Well, actually, I knew before that.”

“What?!”

“Come on, Taeyeon.  You DO make it really obvious.  I mean, you practically drool over me.”  Tiffany wore her teasing smirk.

“That was one time…”  Taeyeon looked away in embarrassment.

“Sometimes, it’s just a bit frustrating because you can’t tell that our feelings are mutual.”

“I’m sorry…”

“I don’t blame you.”

“It’s just that…”  Taeyeon looked away and paused. “Every time I look at you, I feel numb all over except for my chest.  In my chest, I can feel my heart pounding so loud, that I’m afraid you can hear it.  When you hug me, I forget how to breathe because my feelings become too overwhelming.  You have no idea what your smile does to me…”  Taeyeon tilted her head down.

“You’re kind hearted, calm, a brave leader, courageous, strong, determined, and tough when in stressful situations.  Yet somehow, in front of me, you become almost powerless.  You have the greatest and most unique personality.  THAT is why I love you.”  Tiffany tipped Taeyeon’s chin up with her index finger and gave her prince another kiss.  “You know… that day I read your entry, I also wrote a response at the back.”

“… Was it a positive one…?”

“Just read it yourself when we get home!”  Tiffany winked and flashed her killer smile.

“Bleh…”  Taeyeon put her hand on her chest.

“Hahaha, you’ll always be a dork.”

“I know…”

“Don’t worry about it.  My girlfriend happens to be one.”

____________

Taeyeon opened the pink book and flipped to the page with Tiffany’s handwriting.

You dork.  I can’t believe you would still try to hide it.  What am I going to do with you?  I really want to confront you about this.  But maybe I’ll torture you a little longer.  Hahaha, you’ll forgive me someday.  But I love you too.  Yes.  In the same way.  I won’t accept it unless you tell me in person!  You need to be strong, Taengoo!  Just saying…  Our manager totally supports us anyways.  The better chemistry we have, the better we can perform on stage together!  So the next time somebody jokingly makes fun of you about us being a couple…  Well…  Don’t let them be liars!

Taeyeon held the book to her chest, with her heart beating quickly.  She looked up to admire the face of her loving girlfriend before taking her hand.

“Yah.  Heartbreaker Tiffany.  Do you know the amount of tears I shed because you decided to torture me?”

“…  I’m sorry…”

“It’s okay.  Princes are tough.  We have to fight dragons and protect the Princess.  So what if the Princess likes to have a little fun?  At the end of the day, Prince Taengoo gets paid a good amount of hugs and kisses, right?  So…  Where is my payment?  You owe me lots.”  Taeyeon winked while she pointed to her lips.

“Dorky Prince Taengoo…”

“I’ve had my share of cheesy things and feelings to spill to you.  Don’t you think you should do the same?”

“I guess I should huh?”

The two hugged and enjoyed the rest of the day together.  To Tiffany’s liking, Taeyeon overdosed her with fluffy compliments, puns and pickup lines while to Taeyeon’s liking, Tiffany responded with a kiss every time.

____

So that’s the story of TaeNy, fellow locksmiths.

Taeyeon typed quickly before turning to admire her sleeping angel.

Tiffany, I’ve written out all of my feelings.  Thank goodness nobody knows who you are, online.  This way, I can spill out all of my feelings and nobody will know.  Hahaha!  You should really write a follow up story to mine.  Above the last chapter is full of my joy, fear, sadness and grief…  but most importantly, it’s full of you!

So here we are…

Almost a decade after we first met.

Who knew that we’d be a couple?

I worked hard to win your heart.

All you have to do is let me love you.

I guess…

It’s your turn now isn’t it?

Taeyeon clicked post and turned off the computer.  She made her way under the covers in her bed that seemed more comfortable than usual.

Oh yeah…  It’s because you’re here too.

She smiled and gave Tiffany a kiss on the cheek before hugging her by the waist as she fell asleep.

 

 

 

 

Author’s ending note (you don’t have to read this, really) :P

 

Okay!  There you have it.  My very first fanfiction in its completed form.  Oh boy!  Hahaha.  I’ll be truthful.  It was quite easy to write this one.  Mostly because I just put all of my own thoughts and feelings into a TaeNy fanfic.  My theory about this website is that all good authors write from their own experiences.

So anyways, I’d like to thank everyone for reading this.  I remember gasping in excitement when I posted the first chapter and saw the views on it.  I reply to all of my comments, which I love reading so SOO SOOOO much!

As of future for my works:  I’m working on another TaeNy fanfiction.  It’s for those who love adventure, action, danger, and most importantly… FLUFF!

Yes, I’m a fluffy, cheesy, dorky author.  Don’t laugh.  It’s one of my few talents.

But please, check it out when I post the first chapter which I’ll be starting… now.

So thank you again for reading!  It’s been a fun ride with everyone and I hope to talk to everyone on my next fanfic.

Happy reading! (: