Now or Never

It's Your Turn

I’m yours?

I always have been.

I always will be.

Always.

“Y-yah, Fany.”  Taeyeon tried to protest with a red face, even though she was clearly enjoying the moment.

“What?”  Tiffany looked up and laughed at her cute friend’s blushing cheeks.

“… Nothing.”  Taeyeon leaned her head on Tiffany’s.  She wanted to stay like this just a little bit longer.  Unfortunately, her annoying friend had to ruin it.

“Awe… Well look at those two lovebirds.”  Yoona purposely used her aegyo voice to bother Tiffany.

Aish…  Yoona, not now, please.  Taeyeon refrained from flicking her on the forehead.

Yoona hugged Taeyeon and attempted to give a hug to Tiffany as well.  Before she even turned to Tiffany, Taeyeon pulled Tiffany closer to her body and spun away from Yoona, who protested with a pout face but obeyed Taeyeon.

“I’m sorry that you had to hear that aegyo voice, Fany.”  Taeyeon apologized sincerely.

“No need to be so serious, Tae Tae.”  Tiffany laughed and poked Taeyeon’s chubby cheeks.  For the rest of the night, she spoiled Taeyeon with loving words, warm embraces, and even a few pecks on the cheek.

So this is what heaven feels like…

That night, Taeyeon crawled into bed with a huge smile on her face.

Things can’t get better than how today was…  Can it?

Taeyeon looked to the right side and found Tiffany sleeping peacefully.  The moonlight passed through the window and made her face glow.

I swear I can hear angels singing…

She admired her angel’s face for a few minutes before feeling the exhaustion take over her body.  Taeyeon turned to the left and shifted around for 5 seconds until she was comfortable.  She closed her eyes and like every night, she counted backwards from ten until she fell asleep.

Five…

Four…

Three…

Two…

One…

One…

One…

One…

Just as Taeyeon was about to slip away into the dreamland, Tiffany wrapped her arms around Taeyeon’s waist and pulled her into a back hug.  Upon contact, a shiver was sent down Taeyeon’s spine, causing her to shake slightly.

“… Tae.  You’re shivering.”  Tiffany said in a sleepy and husky, yet soothing voice.  “Are you cold?”

“I-I-I’m a-alright.”

“Are you sure?”  Tiffany tightened the embrace when she felt Taeyeon continue to shiver.

“Thank you.”  Her words were directed to Tiffany for no particular reason.  She was just thankful to have her.  It wasn’t long before her body relaxed and the two of them fell asleep.

Because of you,

I slept like a baby that night.

But I guess you didn’t…

____

“Aw…  What a cute couple…”  Jessica stood next to Taeyeon’s side of the bed.  She flicked Taeyeon on the forehead, causing the dork to snap her eyes open with fury.

“Shhhh!!!”  Taeyeon’s face showed frustration as she put her index finger to her lips to shush Jessica.  “Let me enjoy this moment a little longer.”  Taeyeon mouthed and obedient Jessica tip toed out of the room.  Sleepy Taeyeon almost fell asleep again in Tiffany’s arms when she noticed that her back felt wet.  She turned and saw Tiffany, wearing a frightened expression while her body tensed up as she cried.

“Fany?  Fany-ah!  Wake up!  Wake up!  Tiffany!”

“AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaahhh… owe…”  Tiffany sat up and rubbed her forehead as she looked at Taeyeon, who was holding her nose.

“Fany, are you okay?”  Taeyeon sat up in the bed and wrapped her arms around Tiffany’s shoulders.

“Bad dream.  Really bad dream.”  Tiffany allowed her tears to fall as she was comforted.

“It’s okay.  It was just a dream.  Don’t worry.”  Taeyeon tightened the hug in hopes of giving her a sense of security.

“T-Tae?”

“Hm?”

“Promise me.  You’ll never leave me, right?”  Tiffany looked up at Taeyeon with shiny eyes.

“Is that really what you’re crying about?”

Tiffany nodded slowly and lowered her head as more tears fell.

“Well, then you don’t have to keep crying, Fany.  I wouldn’t do that.  Never.”

“Are you sure?”

“…Why would I leave the most important thing in the world to me?”  Taeyeon cut off her controlled thoughts and allowed her heart to take over.  Surprisingly, it made Tiffany cry even more.  “Y-yah… What did I say?”  Taeyeon lightly rubbed Tiffany’s shoulder.  “Did I say something wrong?”

“N-no.  I’m just happy.”

“Phew…  I wouldn’t know what to do if I made you even sadder.”  Taeyeon smiled with a sigh of relief.

The next five minutes were spent in total silence while Taeyeon enjoyed the hug around the waist as Tiffany enjoyed the loving and protective hug around the shoulders.

“On one condition.”  Taeyeon broke the silence.  “You have to promise that you’ll never leave me.”

“Hm…  I dunno, Tae.  That’s a lot that you’re asking for.”  Tiffany pretended to ponder for a long while, just to tease Taeyeon.

“Then I can’t promise you the same!”

“Ahh…  Okay, okay, you win, Tae Tae.  I love you.”

“Mm… Love you too, Fany-ah.”  Taeyeon kissed the side of Tiffany’s head as she pulled her in even closer.

“Your nose is really red.”

“Your forehead isn’t exactly soft…”

“I’m sorry…  I didn’t mean to!”  Tiffany looked up with puppy eyes.

“It’s okay.  It’ll stop throbbing after a while.  As long as you can smile again after that nightmare.”

“I’m alright, thanks to you.”  Tiffany left a tingly sensation on the tip of Taeyeon’s nose after giving it a quick kiss.  She smiled and continued to hug Taeyeon who was smiling widely with burning cheeks.  “Do you think dreams can come true or predict the future?”  She leaned her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“Well, sure.  I don’t see why not.  I mean, if you dream of something great, you can make it happen when you put effort into it.”  Taeyeon thought deeply.

“What about my dream?”

“You can also put an equal amount of effort in making sure that it doesn’t come true.”

“I guess…”

“You don’t have to put any effort into it.  I promise that your nightmare won’t come true.”

I’m determined to win your heart.

Even if it takes me an eternity,

If it means that I get to call you mine,

I’m willing to wait forever.

“Did I ever tell you that I love you, Tae?”

“Hmm, I don’t recall it.  Maybe I just didn’t hear it.  Care to say it again?”  Taeyeon grinned.

“Nice try.  You get one.”  Tiffany retaliated by sticking out her tongue and laughing.

I love you…

Taeyeon admired the sound of her voice as she laughed.  It left a warm, fuzzy feeling inside her chest.

Tiffany stood up and began to make her way towards the kitchen.  When she reached the door, she turned the knob and opened the door.  Before stepping out into the hall, she looked back.

“I love you, too!”  The playful girl smiled and her eyes disappeared into nearly symmetrical crescents as she skipped her way through the dorm.

If you love it, embrace it…

If you want it, chase it…

Chase it…

“Fany!!!”  Taeyeon bounced off the bed and through the doorway.  She ran through the dorm and smashed her body into Hyoyeon, who was making her way to the bathroom.

“Ow…  Yah, Prince Taengoo, watch where you run.”

“Ah… Sorry, Hyo.”

“I understand.  Your princess is waiting for you.”  Hyoyeon smirked.

“I need to make her my princess.”

“You better do it soon.”

“But she’s still officially with Siwon…”

“Then just tell her how you feel.  It’s not like you’re stealing her from Siwon.”

“I don’t want her to break is heart just because of me.”

“It’s not like they even like each other.”

“…  But they’re-”

“Do you believe every rumour you hear about the rest of us in the internet?  They’re doing it for publicity.  It’s not real.”

“And how do you know this?”

“I know Tiffany.  Siwon isn’t her type of guy.”

“I don’t know about this…”

“Look at it this way.  You either tell her while you still have the chance or spend the rest of your life wondering.”

With that, Hyoyeon continued to walk and left Taeyeon standing in the corridor, deep in thought.

Maybe she’s right.

Maybe it’s time to tell Tiffany.

Taeyeon pulled out her phone and checked her schedule.

Nobody’s schedule is filled today…

Perfect.

She brushed her teeth and changed before sending a text message to Tiffany, who was now in the kitchen, having breakfast.

Princess, meet me at the park at the usual spot when you’re ready, okay?

After seeing the ‘message sent’ icon, Taeyeon quietly left the dorm and made her way to the park.

Today’s such a beautiful day!

Maybe…  Maybe her response will be just as great.

I don’t know…

I’m nervous…

Well, you always told me to be honest with you.

Now I’m giving myself the chance to do it.

After a short walk of admiring the surroundings, Taeyeon sat at the bench and waited.  She looked around and saw that the park was empty.  It was one of the reasons why she liked the park so much.  There was nobody around and she could sort out her thoughts.  It wasn’t before long that Tiffany arrived and joined Taeyeon on the bench.

“Is everything alright?”

“Yeah, everything’s alright.  I just wanted to come here today.”

“Is there a specific reason?”

“Mm… not really.  I just remembered that there’s something I forgot to do last week.  Better late than never though, right?”

“Well, what is it?”

“Let’s take a walk around the park first.”

The pair followed the path and talked about past memories they had shared.  They laughed and remembered all of the happy times that they miss.

“So what was so important that you wanted me to come here?”  Tiffany smiled.

“For you, my princess!”  Taeyeon plucked a flower from the grass and held it up to Tiffany as she knelt down on the pathway.

“…  Taeyeon, you’re the dorkiest prince I’ve ever met.”  Tiffany blushed a little and took the flower.  “This feels like déjà vu.  I don’t know why.”

“I do.”  Taeyeon stood up and brushed the dust from her pants as Tiffany looked at Taeyeon in confusion.  “Do you remember our trainee days?”

“Vaguely…  I worked so hard that I guess I lost some of my memory of the fun times.”  Tiffany frowned.

“Do you remember…”  Taeyeon stuffed her hands into her pockets.

__FLASHBACK__

“I’m really scared about our debut.  What if they don’t like us?”

“What if who doesn’t like us?”

“The world.”

“What world wouldn’t like a beautiful princess singing and dancing on stage for them?”

“Who’s the princess?”

“For you, my princess!”  The short girl plucked a flower from the grass and held it to the taller one.

“Tae, you’re a dork.”  Tiffany took the flower and smiled.

“In five years, we’ll see how far we’ve gone.  Maybe I’ll pluck another flower for you.”

“Promise?”  Tiffany stuck out her pinky.

“I promise you, I won’t forget.”  Taeyeon reassured her with a pinky promise and smiled.

__FLASHFORWARD__

“You never forgot.”  A big smile spread across Tiffany’s face.

“I don’t break promises.”

“C’mere.”  Tiffany spread out her arms, gesturing for a big hug, which Taeyeon fulfilled without a single moment of hesitation.  Instinctively, Taeyeon buried her face into Tiffany’s shoulder.  She allowed herself to inhale the familiar scent and as soon as the first breath entered her lungs, she felt her knees weaken.

“Fany.”

“What?”

“You smell nice.”  Taeyeon’s words were muffled.

“Ahaha.  Thank you.”  Tiffany laughed and tightened the embrace.

 

…  Well…  It’s now or never…

 

Because I had to take a break from AFF and study for exams, here’s a bonus TaeNy video in case you haven’t seen it yet!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FbVtDVcoWI  <3

Omg, guys…  is that… 

(picture taken June 21st, 2013 at Incheon Airport)

So guys…  I need everyone to answer this.

My original plan for this fanfiction was to write until the end of time (2 year span of writing and posting LOL) as SNSD’s careers went on.  But I guess it would get kinda boring if Taeyeon just keeps venting and dreaming.  So…

Do you want me to post the ending, since I have it written and perfected?

Or do you want me to continue this for another 2 years?

If I continue this for another 2 years… most likely, Taeyeon may just keep chasing Tiffany and the ending will be postponed to being posted in 2015.  It’s more realistic and detailed.  Also, the natural course of their relationship will be fully explained…  but it might be boring.

If I post the ending, the story will be completed (even Taeyeon’s Diary) but I have another idea for a different TaeNy fanfiction for those who love action and adventure with a huge mix of fluff too!

Please comment what you think would be best!  As an author, I’m completely torn between the two choices! (: