좋아해요 (I Like You)

It's Your Turn

Ehh…  Taeyeon ahhh…  What are you doing?  그대와 발을 맞추며 걷고, 너의 손을 잡고, 어깨에 기대어 말하고 싶어 고마워 사랑해 행복만 줄게요 Kissing you, oh my love!

Taeyeon thought silently to herself as she walked through the airport behind her favourite girl in the world.

Every time she sang that lovely song, there would only be one person on her mind.
Every time she read love stories, there would only be one person on her mind.
Every time she said “sarangheyo”, there would only be one person on her mind.

Two words slipped out of without her intention,

“Every time...”

“What was that, Taeyeon?” asked Tiffany.

“Huh?  OH!  N-nothing!”

“Hurry up!  You don’t want to miss the plane now, do you?” said Tiffany, with a bright eye smile shining on her face.

Even though the entire world was spinning and everything was a blur to her, she still enjoyed being pulled around by Tiffany.  It reminded her of the 2012 MAMA awards when Tiffany took her hand and ran to the front of the stage with her.  Her firm, yet gentle, grip made Taeyeon grin.  Her shining eye smile was able to make Taeyeon’s heart skip a couple beats every time she saw it.  What was happening?  Even Taeyeon was unable to figure it out herself.  She still remembered the scent from Fany’s hair that took her breath away that night.

“Tae Tae?  Taeyeon!”

“H-huh?”

“What’s being going on with you, lately?  You always seem to be daydreaming…”

“It’s nothing.  I’m just really tired.  That’s all.”

“Are you sure?  You aren’t usually like this when you’re tired.”

“I’m fine.  Really.”

“Taeyeon, you know you can always tell me if something’s wrong, right?”

“…  Yeah…”

“You don’t trust me, do you?!”

“It’s not that.  It’s just-”

Before she could finish, Tiffany made her angry puppy face and punched Taeyeon in the arm lightly.  Taeyeon silently stared at Tiffany who then turned away and crossed her arms.  It wasn’t that Taeyeon didn’t want to talk.  She was just tongue tied and couldn’t form simple words in her head.  Today’s case of tongue tie was worse than usual.  Tiffany had recently got a new haircut and the way she wore her hair today was absolutely stunning.

“나 너 좋아해…” Taeyeon sighed.

“Uhm…  Taeyeon?”

Taeyeon snapped out of her dazed expression and turned her head towards Sooyoung.

“Y-yes?”

“Why don’t you just tell her?”

“What are you talking about?”  Taeyeon was caught off guard and her face was completely flushed.

“Tae, you were staring at Tiffany for the third time this morning…  That’s a new record!  Haha!”

“Yah!  I was not!”

“So when are you going to tell her?”

“I don’t know.  I feel like I’m lying to her if I don’t.  But at the same time, I’m scared of what will happen if I did.”

“What do you have to lose?”

“Everything.  Our friendship means the world to me and I don’t want to risk letting go of that.”

“Since you’re so close to Fany, you should know by now that she’s the most understanding person in the world.  Even if she didn’t feel the same way, she wouldn’t just forget you.”

“I know that’s true, but I can’t help myself from worrying.”

“What’s there to worry about?”

“How can I tell her how I truly feel when I can barely mutter ‘hello’ on days that she fixes her hair in a certain way?”

“Then what CAN you do?”

“I guess I’ll just wait until I’m ready.  I want to think about this more and make sure that I’m certain about my choices.  I don’t want to tell Tiffany just yet.”

Sooyoung stood up and returned to her seat next to Hyoyeon.  As soon as the seat next to Taeyeon was empty, Tiffany appeared from behind and sat down.

“Tell me what?”  She smiled playfully and laughed at the shocked little kid who was waiting for her heartbeat to slow down.

“You scared me to death!”

“What won’t you tell me?  Tell me!  Tell me!”

“…”

“Taeyeon ah.  Why won’t you talk to me today?  Are you still getting me back for keeping quiet yesterday?”

“…”

Tiffany sighed and gave Taeyeon a puppy face look.  Taeyeon’s mouth opened but nothing came out.  Luckily for Taeyeon, Yoona and Yuri came to the rescue.

“Tiffany, give her some space!”  Yoona laughed.

“Taeyeon might just be tired or maybe you passed your cold to her.” Yuri looked at Taeyeon, worried.

“So you think she’s sick?  Alright, Tae.  I’ll leave you alone…”  Tiffany stood up and returned to her seat beside Jessica who tried to cheer her up with a joke.

Sooyoung laughed and turned to Taeyeon, “Yeah, love sick.”  Yoona and Yuri began laughing and making fun of Taeyeon.  Sooyoung showed sympathy and talked to Taeyeon when Yoona and Yuri left to go play by themselves.

“Tongue tied again, hm?”

“What can I do?  I can’t even make words today while looking at her.”  Taeyeon stood up to wash her hands in the washroom.  Before she reached the door, she suddenly felt two arms wrap around her waist.  The embrace lasted for ten seconds while Tiffany rested her head on Taeyeon’s back. 

“Taeyeon, I’m sorry.  I don’t know what I did, but I’m sorry.”

“…”

“Eh?  Taeyeon, are you okay?  Why is your heart beating so fast?”

Tiffany spun her around and put her hands on Taeyeon’s red face.

“You’re heating up!  You really are sick!”

Tiffany guided Taeyeon to an empty seat and sat down next to her.  She pulled the arm rest up and allowed Taeyeon to lean on her shoulder.

“Tiffany…  I’m not…”

Before Taeyeon could finish, her vision disappeared and she drifted off into a deep sleep.  Tiffany looked at her favourite member in worry and brushed away Taeyeon’s bangs with her left hand.

“She’s fine, trust me.”  Sooyoung smiled as she passed by.

She’s not sick?  Then why was she heating up so much or almost having her heart burst out of her chest?”  Tiffany blocked the thoughts out of her head and ran her fingers through Taeyeon’s hair.  She smiled, tipped her head back, and closed her eyes.