Chapter 2: Unconventional Travel

Butterfly

Chapter 2: Unconventional Travel

  Nadia politely bowed back to the Hatter. 

  "Well, sir, it is a pleasure to meet you as well. My name is Nadia Im, but you may just call me Nadia. Do tell your reason for meeting me here, under such circumstances, Mr. Hatter." She tried being polite as possible, even though she was shocked beyond belief and wanted him to leave immediately. She was quite frightened actually. She wasn't used to young men apparating from balls of light in her room.

  He smiled at her and grabbed her hand. She was so surprised at his boldness, she almost fell backwards. He kissed her hand and stood upright to face her.

  "Nadia, what a beautiful name, Miss. Do pardon my intrusion, Fredrick said that you would be able to help me with my dilemma." He explained. 

  "I see." She said, taking a step back. "Unfortunately Mr. Hatter, I do not know this Fredrick of whom you speak, and am quite unable to help you with your dilemma." She explained. Jiyong cocked his head. 

  "Is that so, Miss Nadia?" He asked. She nodded curtly.

   "Yes, quite." He made a face, and nodded. 

   "I see. Perhaps it wasn't you he was pointing to after all." She raised her eyebrows in curiosity.

  "Oh. How do you figure, Mr. Hatter?" She asked. He smiled, and walked up to her so that he was face to face with her. 

  "If you were the girl he was pointing me to, you would be brave enough to take on the task at hand." He stated. Nadia's cheeks flushed with anger.

  'Did he just insinuate that I am a coward?' she wasn't about to take that from a boy who just flew in through her window.

  "You sir, are a rather rude individual, an I prefer not to associate myself with the likes of you." Jiyong was quite taken aback at this comment. He didn't figure her the sort of girl to have quite so much...moxie. 

  "Tsk, tsk. Temper, temper Miss Nadia. A fine lady like you shouldn't use such foul language. It is so unbecoming of such a lovely lady like yourself." At this point, Nadia was quite flustered. She should not have said such things to him, but she could't quite figure out what was so profane about what she had said.

  "It doesn't concern you the kind of language I use in my free time, Mr. Hatter, but I shall not be accused of cowardice by someone who does not even know my character!" He got down on one knee and grabbed her hand. Nadia's heart skipped a beat. She was hoping he wasn't thinking of doing what she thought he was about to do. 

  "My sincerest apologies, Miss Nadia. I had never meant to offend your honor. Please, forgive my foolishness." She let out a sigh of relief, and looked down at him. He looked back at her with pleading eyes and a charming smile. 

  "I suppose I could forgive you, Mr. Hatter." He jumped up and grabbed her hands. 

  "Thank you Miss Nadia! I shall try my best in the future to be more careful to watch my P's and Q's." she smiled awkwardly and gently pulled her hands out of his grip. 

  "Alright then, now that that's been settled, what did you come here for exactly?" She asked. He smiled. 

  "I need help breaking a curse." He explained. 

  "Oh, and how is it that this, Fredrick fellow thinks that could possibly be of any use?" She asked. Jiyong scratched his head and smiled sheepishly. 

  "We'll, that's the thing, Miss Nadia, he didn't tell me exactly how you could help, he just told me that you were the one to go to." She rolled her eyes. 

  'Typical boy,' she thought. 'Of course he wouldn't have things figured out before he goes barging into people's homes through their windows.'  

  "Well, how would we even get to...I'm sorry, where did you say you we're from again?" She asked. 

  "Nirvana. And getting there is quite simple, actually." He went over to the mirror hanging up on her wall. Donatello, who ha been cowering over there, darted under her bed. He raised his hand to the mirror, and touched it with the tip of his index finger. The mirror began to ripple and glow. Nadia let out a gasp, while Donatello hissed at the strange goings-ons from his hiding spot. Jiyong turned to her and held out his hand.

  "Will you be joining me, Miss Nadia?" He asked. She looked from him to Donatello, to her door. She had no idea how long this would take. Would her parents even notice that she was missing? Would they care? She looked back at Jiyong, who was patiently waiting for her response. She took a deep breath.

  "Will it be dangerous, Mr. Hatter?" She asked. He shrugged. 

  "I do not know the length of our journey, nor do I know it's dangers, Miss Nadia. What I do know is this: Mystery is a part of the adventure, Miss Nadia." She smiled at him, and looked back at her room. It was so plain, so sad looking. She looked at her mirror, it was glowing, ripples constantly spreading through it. Beckoning to her. She looked back at Jiyong, and took his hand.  

  "I put my trust, an my life in your hands, Mr. Hatter." He smiled and grasped her hand. 

  "No need, my dear. You are safe with me. And besides," he said as they approached the mirror. "Your life is always in your hands. Your decisions are all your own. I am only your companion on this journey." He smiled, and ran towards the wall.

  Nadia's heart pounded as they neared the wall. He jumped, taking her with him, through the mirror. Donatello was left astounded, staring up at the now dormant mirror in wonder.

END OF CHAPTER 2