Reason

UNDERCOVER LOVE

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I hope that light in your eyes come back soon my dear"

 

 

Dara slowly cut the fruits in the kitchen after dinner, still deep in thought about what halmoni had said. The light? There's only one person that can bring back that light, and he's also the same person that took it away. What kind of dilemma did she stupidly get herself into?! Out of the 7 billion people on this planet, half of which are men, how HOW did she end up falling in love with the same guy that killed her brother.?! Did that make any sense?!!

 

She started chopping the apple a bit aggresively now. And what the hell was her heart up to?! Having mini heart attacks just because they started talking about Jiyong's past. She had a difficult past too! She lost her brother and who's fault was that?!

 

 

Dara scrunched her face as she reached for another apple and started chopping. But why was her heart telling her something wasn't right? She somehow felt that something wasn't quite fitting together, and she had to find out. Maybe there was a reason JIyong had to kill oppa...maybe it was an accident?

 

Dara felt her hope rising slightly, yes maybe it was an accident.

 

 

 

Suddenly she felt someone grab her hand and she startled, stepping back slightly, "omo!"

 

Jiyong stepped forward with furrowed brows and took the knife off her before starting to cut the fruits. 

 

Dara stepped back and tilted her head slightly looking at him puzzed, "...what are you doing?"

 

 

"Preventing an accident", he said nonchalantly, still cutting away and not looking at her.

 

 

"I was fine", Dara mumbled.

 

"You are now", Jiyong scoffed, "Thanks to me."

 

Dara bit her lip and looked at him bitterly. But suddenly remembered what she wanted to ask him.

 

 

"What were you doing staring into space anyway?", Jiyong asked casually, "Thinking of ways to piss me off?"

 

 

 

 

"...why did you kill him?", Dara suddenly asked out of the blue.

 

 

Jiyong stopped cutting.

 

 

 

Dara took a deep breath and stepped up to him before pulling his arm to make him look at her, "....I need to know."

 

 

Jiyong's eyes flickered to her for the briefest moment before grabbing a plate and putting the fruits in it.

 

 

"Can't you even tell me?", Dara whispered.

 

 

 

But Jiyong just picked up the plate an started walking out of the kitchen.

 

 

"Don't you think you should at least tell me?!!", Dara raised her voice angrily, "Don't you owe me that much?!!"

 

 

Jiyong stopped and sighed, his back still turned to her he closed his eyes and hung his head low.

 

 

"Didn't you hear halmoni?", Dara asked, "She said I look like I have no life in me anymore!"

 

 

JIyong clenched his jaw but still didn't move.

 

"Why do you think that is?!", Dara asked angrily fighting back the tears, "...Don't you even care? Not even a tiny bit?!"

 

 

"You don't think I care?!", Jiyong turned around and gritted his teeth.

 

 

"Then tell me!", Dara begged, "Why...why did you have to...kill oppa?"

 

 

"What will you do if i tell you?", Jiyong asked back, "Is that going to change anything?!"

 

 

"I still want to know!", Dara stepped forward, "I need to know!!"

 

 

"You don't", Jiyong shook his head.

 

 

"What gives you the right to decide what I need and don't need?!", Dara shouted angrily.

 

 

Jiyong shook his head and walked out of the kitchen while Dara leaned on the counter and hung her head low, "...I need to know."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JIyong placed the plate on the table and sat down beside halmoni, he rubbed his head and sighed heavily.

 

Halmoni noticed and she frowned slightly, things with JIyong and dara were more serious then she thought. She placed her hand on his arm and he looked at her and forced a smile. She smiled back and held onto his arm tightly.

 

 

Bom took the plate and held it out for Gummy and Daesung to grab a piece of fruit, she then turned to around behind her to Taeyang and TOP.

 

"cheers", Taeyang said casually taking a fruit.

 

Bom waited for TOP to take a piece but he gruffily turned away. Bom looked down at the plate sadly before looking up, her eyes met Taeyang's and she forced herself to smile.

 

 

Taeyang suddenly felt bad for her, so he turned to TOP, "Hyung have some fruit."

 

Bom looked expectantly at TOP but TOP just shook his head, "I don't want any."

 

"Hyung-"

 

"I said I don't want any", TOP glared at Taeyang.

 

 

"It's ok", Bom smiled at Taeyang before placing the plate back on the table. She then turned to Gummy and leaned on her shoulder tiredly.

 

"You ok?", Gummy asked looking back at Bom.

 

"mm...just a bit tired", Bom mumbled and wrapped her hands around Gummy's arm.

 

 

TOP suddenly tensed up seeing how Bom was leaning on Gummy, it was just the way he used to make her lean on him.

 

 

 

Gummy smiled and Bom's hair, "Is leaning on me helping?"

 

Bom nodded, "mm...it always helps..."

 

 

TOP clenched his jaw remembering that was what he always used to say to Bom.

 

 

"Well if you ever need to lean on me, you just call and I'll come running", Gummy giggled.

 

 

Bom nodded, as tears suddenly started forming in her eyes, that was what she had said to TOP once. And look at them now, he couldn't even bear to be in the same room as her.

 

 

Taeyang eyed how TOP was looking longingly at Bom. He shook his head at the hopeless two. Maybe Minzy was right in helping them get back together. If it meant that his hyung would be happy again, then he should help Minzy.

 

 

 

 

----------

 

 

 

 

 

"psst", Young deuk nudged Minzy.

 

"Ah what?!", Minzy glared at him as she leaned over him to get a piece of fruit.

 

 

Young deuk leaned back, "You could have just asked me to get the fruit for you-"

 

"I don't need help from people like you thank you very much", she plopped an apple into and turned around to talk to Seungri.

 

 

Young deuk nudged her again.

 

"aish!", Minzy glared at him, "what?!"

 

"I'm sorry", he pouted cutely.

 

"Aish a namja acting like a girl", Minzy shook her head.

 

"yah!", Young deuk whispered before looking up to make sure no one was looking, "I said I'm sorry didn't I?!"

 

"you said you would kill me if I betrayed YG!", Minzy hissed back.

 

"When did i say that?!"

 

"What do you mean when did you say that?!", Minzy scoffed in disbelief.

 

"I never said that Minzy, you just assumed", Young deukk raised a brow.

 

Minzy blinked and thought back to their conversation and then a slow realisation crept onto her. She pouted guiltily and looked back at him.

 

"tch", Young deuk scoffd in disbelief now, "Didn't I say you have a tendency to misjudge people."

 

Minzy plopped another apple into and smiled at him apologetically.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung", Seungri stood up, "I think I'll leave first."

 

Jiyong nodded.

 

 

"yah stay for a bit more", Taeyang said but Seungri shook his head.

 

"Ani hyung, I've got a bit of work to do...remember", Seungri nodded at him anad Taeyang understood immediately. They were still deep in trying to get info on CG.

 

Seungri turned to halmoni and bowed, "Thank you halmoni for tonight, I really had a good time."

 

Halmoni stood up and smiled before holding his hand, "If you ever want to eat, just let me know."

 

Seungri smiled warmly and nodded.

 

 

 

"unnie", Minzy whispered to CL, "go after him now's your chance to talk to him."

 

Cl looked back at her with wide eyes, "...now?"

 

Minzy nodded, "Just go!"

 

 

Seungri said bye to everyone and left the apartment.

 

 

 

"go!", Minzy hissed literally pushing Cl to stand up.

 

"But-"

 

"Unnie!", Minzy hissed angrily.

 

 

"Cl?", halmoni called out, "Are you going to?"

 

"ani halmoni, I'll be back", CL smiled nervously and then ran out of the apartment.

 

 

 

 

--------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seungri pressed the elevator button and waited for the elevator doors to open.

 

 

 

"Seungri!"

 

 

He turned to see CL stumbling out of Jiyong's apartment, hopping as she tried to put her shoes on. He furrowed his brows and turned to face her as she hurried towards him. 

 

CL ran to him and stood in front of him, nervously.

 

 

Seungri raised a brow as he waited for her to say something.

 

 

 

"...I...I...no....I mean..", CL stuttered not knowing what to say, "....I...ottoke..."

 

 

Seungri had never seen Cl like this. Before she was always trying to distant herself from him, she had this aggressive and blunt side to her that came across to others as cold. But Seungri knew her, she was the type of person that wanted to hide her weaknesses. So it was strange seeing her try so hard to reach out to him.

 

 

 

"....I...", she began again before sighing in defeat.

 

 

 

The doors of the elevator pinged open and they both turned to look at the doors. 

 

Without looking back at her Seungri stepped into the elevator and turned around to press the button. He leaned on the wall and waited for the doors to close.

 

 

"sh!t", CL muttered and panicked on what to do. 

 

 

 

 

The doors started to close on Seungri, when suddenly a pair of hands pushed the doors aside. Seungri looked up and saw CL standing between the door.

 

He stood up slightly and looked at her in confusion.

 

 

"I...you know I'm not good with words", CL began still standing between the doors, keeping them open.

 

 

"Cl?"

 

 

"But I need to say this! I'm sorry, I am so so sorry", Cl said meaning every word.

 

 

"Cl don't", Seungri said tiredly

 

 

"I knew it", CL sighed, "I knew you wouldn't believe me...so this is the only way I can prove to you that I never meant to hurt you!"

 

 

Before Seugri could say anything, CL suddenly got into the elevator and as the elevator doors closed she leaned in to kiss him.

 

 

Seungri's eyes grew wide in shock, this was not what he had expected at all.

 

 

 

CL's eyes suddenly shot open too when she realised what she'd just done, "omo!", she gasped and stepped back turning towards the door only they were closed now and going down to Seungri's floor. 

 

CL cringed as she couldn't bear to turn around and face Seungri, she pressed any random button hoping begging praying that they'd open the doors.

 

 

Suddenly Seungri grabbed her hand and turned to face him. CL took a sharp breath and looked up to see Seungri with a confused look on his face. She bit her lip, not believing she just did that, but if he didn't get the message now then he was never going to get it.

 

 

*PING*

 

 

CL turned around and sighed with relief when the doors opened, she looked back at him and yanked her arm free before legging it out of there.

 

 

Seungri, gobsmacked stood in the elevator as he touched his lips with his hand and a slow and small, soft smile crept to his lips.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Maybe CL went up already", Bom pouted by the door. 

 

Everyone was getting ready to leave now.

 

 

"Yes maybe, she looked a bit worried earlier when she left so maybe she didn't feel well", Halmoni nodded.

 

 

"Halmoni thank you for dinner", the boys bowed.

 

"Neh halmoni, you're an awesome cook", Minzy hugged her making halmoni laugh.

 

 

"We'll be off then", Taeyang nodded, "GD we'll see you tomorrow."

 

"Hm", Jiyong nodded back.

 

 

"Ok by halmoni", Bom smiled

 

"neh bye halmoni", Dara nodded about to follow Bom and Minzy.

 

 

 

"Where are you going?", Halmoni asked.

 

 

JIyong facepalmed himself behind halmoni.

 

 

"neh?", Dara asked confused.

 

"Unnie you live here remember", Minzy smiled mischieviously.

 

 

Dara's eyes widened, ".....I....have to sleep HERE TOO?!"

 

 

The others nodded.

 

 

 

Dara looked back at Jiyong who just shrugged. SHRUGGED! She took a deep breath and forced a smile.

 

"..silly me, where is my brain these days?!", dara muttered as halmoni pulled her back.

 

 

 

"....don't go....bom...minzy pleasee", Dara whispered as they waved bye to her.

 

 

The door shut behind them all and Dara's body deflated like a balloon.

 

 

 

"Oh so tired", halmoni yawned, "You two go to bed too."

 

"...together?", Dara squeaked.

 

 

Halmoni blushed, "Don't worry I know these days it's perfectly normal to you know", she nudged Dara, "before marriage."

 

Jiyong groaned and walked to his room to avoid any more embarassment while Dara stood there, her face slowly turned red.

 

 

Halmoni turned her around and pushed her towards Jiyong's bedroom, "This whole day has been so busy I guess you haven't had time to spend time with JIyong-"

 

"Um...no we've spent a lot of time together today in fact TOO MUCH!", Dara shook her head.

 

"Aigoo-"

 

 

"Halmoni!", Dara turned to face halmoni when they reached JIyong's bedroom, "Why don't I sleep you with you today, it's your first night at Seoul you must be feeling uncomfortable."

 

"Don't be silly!", Halmoni turned her around, "Besides Jiyong might get upset I'm taking you away-"

 

"No he won't mind will you Jiyong?!", Dara turned back and opened the door only to see Jiyong taking his shirt off, "ACK!", she slammed the door shut in shock.

 

 

"Aigoo", Halmoni Dara's hair, "What's there to be embarassed about, I may be old but i know all about what kids get up to these days, now go"

 

 

Dara sighed and nodded slowly as she leaned on the door, "...I guess so...goodnigh-OMO!", the door suddenly flung open, making her fall back into Jiyong's arms.

 

Halmoni suddenly covered her eyes, and giggled, "I didn't see anything", before going to her room.

 

 

"Ani halmoni it's not what you think! HALMONI!", Dara shouted after halmoni but she'd already gone into her room.

 

 

Dara bit her lip angrily and turned to face Jiyong.

 

 

"I'm not sleeping on the floor", he suddenly said.

 

"What?!", Dara asked as Jiyong went back inside and laid on the bed. Dara looked at the floor and then faced the ceiling, this was going to be a long night.