It wasn't a mistake

UNDERCOVER LOVE

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Park Bom", TOP leaned in towards her, "Trust me on this  one, you're going to be mine."

 

 

 

Bom's breathing shortened as she stared at him gobsmacked, why was he suddenly being like this.

 

She leaned back trying to get away from him and leaned her hand on the hob by accident, "AHH!", she burnt her finger and started flapping it in front of her in pain.

 

 

"Bom", TOP grabbed her hand and started blowing on her finger, "gweanchana?"

 

 

"Unnie/Bom", CL and Minzy ran up to them, "Ah unnie you burnt yourself."

 

 

Bom squinted her eyes in pain but shook her head, "Ani...I'm fine, it's just a little burn."

 

 

"Come here", TOP gently pulled to the sink and ran cold water over her hand while he massaged her finger softly, "Is that better?"

 

Bom pouted and nodded, "a...bit."

 

"All you had to say was no, you didn't have to go burning yourself", TOP muttered jokingly.

 

"Aish! YAH!", Bom whacked his arm in annoyance.

 

TOP laughed and rubbed his arm, "But it looks like you're going to have to marry me now."

 

"What are you on about?", Bom furrowed her brows.

 

"I've marked you", TOP shrugged.

 

"Marked me?!"

 

"Look", he raised her hand and showed her where she'd burnt herself.

 

 

Bom's eyes widened slightly when she saw a red mark on her ring finger.

 

"It's better than a diamond ring", TOP teased before pecking her on her cheek and running out of the kitchen leaving not only Bom but all three of the girls stunned.

 

 

"Unnie...", Minzy stepped forward to Bom, "What have you done to my oppa?", she blinked at the door where TOP had run out of.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Just come...please", Ji asked his grandma once he stepped out of her house.

 

Halmoni shook her head, "My life is here jiyong-ah, what am I going to do coming to Seoul?"

 

"we'll...be together", Ji said sadly while Dara stood slightly behind him not wanting to come in between them.

 

"We've always been together jiyong-ah", halmoni his hair softly, "don't forget that...ever, me and your omma have always been with you...you've never been alone."

 

Ji placed his hand on his grandmother's and pulled her hand close to his heart.

 

"I'll come and visit and you've promised you will too, but this is where I belong", she sighed, "I've fulfilled your omma's dream, I found you and now no one can take you away from me".

 

Ji nodded relunctantly.

 

"Dara", halmoni sweetly called out for her.

 

"Neh halmoni", Dara stepped forward.

 

Halmoni reached for her hand, "Please take care of my grandson for me", her eyes watered, "He's the only...thing I have left in this world."

 

Dara bit her lip and nodded slowly.

 

 

Halmoni then placed her hand into Jiyong's and clasped their hands together tightly, "Now...it's getting late", she wiped her tears, "go...I'll come by the inn to see you before you leave tomorrow arasso."

 

JIyong looked down at their hands and just as he felt Dara loosen her hold, he tightened his grip and held her hand tightly. He could see Dara looking at him surprised from the corner of his eye but right now he needed her next to him, just like halmoni had said he didn't want Dara to leave his side.

 

 

"Go on go on", halmoni smiled at the two, "I'll see you tomorrow neh"

 

"Yea..ok...", Jiyong sighed and turned to leave with Dara.

 

 

 

 

 

---------

 

 

 

 

 

Once in the car Ji rubbed the back of his neck tiredly and sighed heavily.

 

 

Dara looked at him silently from the passenger seat, "....are...you ok?"

 

Ji stopped and looked at her expressionlessly without replying.

 

Dara uncomfortably looked away and down at her lap.

 

 

JI sighed again, "I'm fine."

 

Without looking away from her lap Dara nodded slowly.

 

Ji shook his head slightly before starting the engine and driving off to their hotel.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung do you think it really is him?", Young don asked Teddy as they sat in the car.

 

Teddy didn't answer as he looked darkly at the building in front of them.

 

"It's not going to be good if it is him again hyung", Young don shook his head as he read the piece of paper Taeyang had given to him.

 

"He's no different to every other b*stard we deal with", Teddy mummered.

 

"I know hyung but still after what he did to-"

 

"He's no different Youngie!", Teddy snarled at the younger guy, "We're not going to let him harm anyone of us again you got that!"

 

Young don nodded slowly, "Neh hyung...mianhe."

 

Teddy sighed and rubbed his forehead before returning his gaze to the building again.

 

 

 

 

 

"He's coming out he's coming out", another YG member who was sitting in the back seat tapped Young don on the shoulder and pointed to someone walking out of  tall building and getting into a black car.

 

"Follow him", Teddy ordered Young don.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ji sat on the bed and rested his elbows on his thighs while he rubbed his forehead. Dara stood by the door not knowing what to do, she wanted to go comfort him but after what happened today she felt like she couldn't.

 

 

Dara sighed and slowly made her way to the bed and sat down next to him, "Whatever you're thinking right now...it's not true."

 

Ji looked at her and furrowed his brows.

 

"Halmoni", Dara explained, "The reason she doesn't want to come to Soeul with us...it's not because she doesn't want to be with you."

 

 

Ji kept looking at her with a somber face, now that he'd found his family all he wanted to do was stay with his halmoni, "...I want her by my side......I can't lose her again."

 

 

"Why do you think you're going to lose her?", Dara asked softly, "Because she won't physically be with you?"

 

Ji sighed tiredly and looked to the foor.

 

 

Dara smiled softly, "Maybe it's different for men, but for us women, as long as we know the person we care for is somewhere out there happy and safe that's all that matters to us. More than physically seeing that person, if we know they're living well...they're happy in their lives even without us then nothing else matters. It's the same with halmoni", Dara placed her hand on his shoulder and Ji looked up at her.

 

"This is halmoni's home...how can you just take her off to Seoul? And...do you think it's fair bringing halmoni there with your job?", Dara said quietly.

 

Ji froze up slightly, this whole time he'd been here, he'd forgotten all about YG, forgotten he was the leader of the country's most notorious gang. He had so many enemies, bringing halmoni to Seoul with him would put her in uncountable danger.

 

"mianhe...i didn't...mean..", Dara let go of his shoulder when she felt him tense up after what she said.

 

 

"...so you're telling me to leave her? To be all alone in this world again?", Ji asked seriously.

 

 

Dara looked intently at him, "Ani...I'm telling you that no matter where you are in this world, no matter how far away you are....you're not alone...you never were."

 

 

There she went again, making him feel like he was worth something, every wrong thing he ever did in his life vanished in front of her, every hardship every trauma everything he hated left his heart when she spoke to him the way she was right now. In front of her, it felt like he was starting his life again, turning a new leaf, leaving his past for good.

 

Dara noticed him staring at her and her eyes fluttered slightly, she smiled nervously and stood up quickly but Ji held onto her hand before she could walk away. SHe looked down at his grip on her hand wide eyed and nervously met his gaze. He didn't say anything for a long moment but she could feel the tension between the two. 

 

 

 

"You still haven't told me why you were trying to go back to Seoul", Ji finally spoke.

 

"I...I told you...something came up", Dara stuttered back.

 

"What?"

 

 

Dara blinked slightly and looked around the room trying to make up something.

 

 

"You were crying"

 

"Neh?", Dara asked surprised he knew she had been crying.

 

"You were crying", Ji repeated, "At the bus stop...I saw you."

 

Dara froze up unable to answer.

 

"Did something happen this morning?", Ji asked still holding onto her hand.

 

Dara shook her head and looked at the floor.

 

Ji slowly stood up and stood in front of her, "If you don't tell me...I can't help."

 

 

Dara looked up puzzled, "help?...I don't need anyone's help." she then pulled her hand free and turned her back to him trying to calm herself down.

 

"Can you handle it yourself then?", Ji asked crossing his arms across his chest.

 

Dara closed her eyes remembering her brother, "There's nothing to help...no one can bring him back-" Dara stopped realising she'd said too much and started walking away when ji grabbed her and spun her around again.

 

"Bring who back?", Ji asked with furrowed brows.

 

"No one", Dara struggled to free herself, when she finally did she pushed herself away from him and breathed heavily.

 

"So this is what you do", Ji smirked, "You preach but you don't act."

 

"Excuse me?", Dara asked.

 

"You help others but you don't want anyone to help you right?", Ji continued.

 

"You've got it all wrong", Dara folded her arms across her chest too and looked away from him.

 

"Then tell me"

 

"Why are you being like this?", Dara asked, "Why are you acting like you're concerned about me all of a sudden?"

 

Ji paused and thought to himself, why he was making all this effort with her too.

 

 

"It's better if we just stay out of each other's personal lives!", Dara continued angrily.

 

 

"You're saying this?", Ji smirked angrily too, "The girl who waited for me to come home safely all night when I found out my mum was dead, the girl who bandaged my wounds, the girl who went and found my only family, the girl I kissed...you're telling me this?!"

 

 

Dara looked away and closed her eyes tightly not wanting to hear anymore of what he had to say.

 

 

"You think after everything that's happened between us, everything you've done for me I can go on without worrying about you?"

 

 

Dara's eyes snapped open and she faced him again, "...why can't...you?", she mumbled shakingly.

 

 

"Don't you want me to?", Ji stepped forward towards her so their bodies were practically touching.

 

 

Dara's eyes fluttered when she felt his cool breath on her skin, "...I...don't-"

 

He suddenly traced his hand across her cheek stopping her from speaking.

 

Dara closed her eyes as she felt shivers down her spine just from that little touch, "...I...can't..."

 

"Can't what?", Ji asked softly before placing his forehead on hers.

 

"you...don't understand...", Dara sighed heavily. How could he though, more than him, she wanted him more but when the truth did come out this would only complicate everything, "...that...kiss...it was a mistake."

 

"I was the one kissing you", Ji interrupted.

 

Dara's eyes flickered up to him, "...it was...a mistake right?..."

 

"What do you want me to say?", Ji traced his hand behind her neck and looked intently at her.

 

"...say...say that it was....please", Dara begged although her heart wanted to hear something else.

 

Ji traced his  thumb on her neck, "mianhe", he then leaned in and kissed her  deeply.