Living Corpse. (Story)

JiSeung Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYEON'S POV;

I stood their fixing my hair. The wind had given it a new style. Park Jiyeon was my name. I was in a rush to move out of the house my parents were living in. I was sick and tired of hearing their voices every day. It took me weeks to find the house that suit my budget, a house I could easily afford. I was finally able to find the house, it looked like it was in good condition. I hope the pictures don’t betray me though.  I didn’t know my way around this new suburb. I don’t even know why I choose this suburb to be honest. I really was going to be an independent lady then.

Two weeks earlier.

This is such a pain. None of this real estate agents have the house that I want. Everything is just to expensive for me to afford. So lame. So frustrating. This one looks decent. Affordable price. Attention seeking colours. Attention seeking paragraph. I called up the real estate agent and was told that the house didn’t need the any sort of inspection, since no one has been in the house for over months now, so it is clean like a new rubbish bin.

I hope this real estate wasn’t lying. I would ask my parents for advice but my parents were driving me insane. Another word from them and my head will explode. One more noise from them and I would probably be death or lose my ears.

I rocked up to my house and was surprised with the condition that the house was sold for. The exterior design looked decent and made up. However it looked a bit strange, it had an eerie feeling. It wasn’t as bright, it was dull. Still it was a very pretty house, the sun was slowly setting and I needed to unpack my things. I arrived to this house quite late to be honest; the suburb was really out of my reach. I didn’t know this suburb as well as my hometown. However the house seemed quite isolated from the rest of the houses on the street. It was up on a hill, on its own. The hill wasn’t very high, it was a little stump.

While I was trying to figure out where my house key went, someone had tapped me on the shoulder. I turned out around and saw a figure staring right back at me. He had a smile on him however I wasn’t sure if it was meant to be a welcoming one or a creepy one. Maybe he was a e. I was a girl standing on the porch alone, isolated from everyone else. I could scream but I’m knew…

“H-hello,” I stuttered.

“Hello there,” he smiled. “I see we have a new neighbour in town.”

“I guess you do,” I smiled in return.

“Did you buy the house because of the price?” he asked.

“Well I was in a rush,” I explained.

“I am hoping you did some research,” he said oddly and walked away.

SEUNGHO’S POV:

I am hoping she did her research. That house, everyone buys it for the price. It’s haunted and I hope she knows, there’s someone already in that house.  Well that was what I was told from my mum. My dad would have told me, but by the time I grew up to the right age to be a guardian, he was gone, killing the living corpse and dragging the corpse with him.

It was a family curse to be honest. This goes back to long I really can’t be bothered reciting it for you. You were meant to be wed to a girl, fall in love and have a child. That child would grow up being a guardian, no excuses. I found it wrong; I didn’t want to make a girl fall for me and then have to leave that girl, like seriously? I’m going to be the last Yoo doing this. I’m going to end this.

Is this the human I am suppose to guard? The one that was connected to me secretly? I held my eradicator in my hand. This weapon is meant to destroy once and then disperse into thin air.  Is it the time now to use it?

JIYEON’S POV;

The neighbour was quite weird. I shrugged it off and found my key. I pushed the key through the door hole and had a shock of my life. The inside of the house was like a 100 year old cupboard that hasn’t been polished in forever. It was dirty, dusty and dim. Cobwebs were everywhere. I had no choice but to start cleaning and sweeping everything away.

SEUNGHO’S POV:

I walked away but realised, I need to make sure she was going to be okay. So I went back to the house and knocked again. She better not think that I am some e. I swear, I don’t pick on girls. Like I said, I won’t make a girl fall for me and not be able to be there for her.

JIYEON’S POV;

I had finally managed to clean the first floor. There was just enough space to place all my belongings in, now there was the top floor that I had to do. I was walking up the stairs and heard I knock. I quickly went back down and opened the door and to my surprise it was him again.

 “Hey,” he smiled.

“Uh hey you?” I answered back a bit unsure.

“Need any help?” he asked me.

“Just cleaning away all this dust, you can help if you want,” I shrugged and smiled at him.

“Help it is then,” he grinned. “Oh and by the way, I think you can stop calling me a “he” and “you” and call me Seungho.”

“Oh Seungho I see,” I nodded my head. “Then you can stop calling me a “you” too and call me Jiyeon.”

He started chuckling and looking away. I blinked and gave him a weird look.

“Nothing nothing, you just kinda copied me,” he answered my thoughts and grinned cheekily.

“Puh-lease, I did not copy you,” I gave him the “I don’t know what you are on about” tone and look.

“Don’t lie to me,” he sang to me. I was started to question his sanity. He went off disappearing into the kitchen and started sweeping.

After a while of cleaning every nook and cranny was clean and dust free. Seungho went home once we were done cleaning both floors. He was always one step ahead, cleaning where I wanted to sweep, he was there already. Before he left though he had told me to call him if anything happened. Like anything would happen. The neighbourhood was quiet.

SEUNGHO’S POV:

I helped her. The second floor had that cold, icy feeling you get when you open the freezer. I walked into the bedroom and went straight for the wardrobe. I did my studies; I knew I couldn’t always ask my mum, the memory of the curse just makes me gloomy. According to old old oooooold ooooooooooooooooooooooold archives, the living corpse lies beyond the wardrobe. It also leaves a cold eerie feeling since it is a corpse.  I opened it and it looked pretty normal.  The sky was getting dark, it was only right for me to leave now. But I didn’t want to leave what if something happens to her when I’m gone? SHE BETTER CALL ME WHEN IM GONE. WELL IF ANYTHING HAPPENS.

JIYEON’S POV;

I decided to walk upstairs and start stacking my clothes into the closet. I held onto the closet’s handle and pulled the door open and it was pitched black. The bottom of the closet seemed connected to floor. It didn’t look like a normal closet where, you had four walls and you could actually touch the bottom of the closet and virtually be able to put your clothes on it.Was it a passage way? A secret hideaway? I suddenly felt cold, there seemed to be an icy air coming through the closet.

I think I may just be hallucinating since I’m tired however when I tried to close the closet door I was pulled through.The d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter