She Was On The Verge Of Breaking. (Story)

JiSeung Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything was fine. Or well it seemed to be relatively okay. Everyone was smiling and having the times of their lives however there was a slight problem. There was just one girl. She was different from the rest. When everyone was down she would be the happiest clown. Her smile was the brightest thing, it just seemed too glistened and sparkle on its own. Her personality so bubbly and loud it lit up the whole hallway. People judged her, however the smile she had on her face seemed to be stuck. It would just never fade. Some envied her smile, others hated her to shreds.

Life wasn’t simple for the “plaster smile” girl. She was human, she is human. She could only take in so much pain and hatred before she exploded. People today were so judgemental. One small mistake could ruin you for the rest of your life. Even one accomplishment seemed like it was worth nothing at all.  Jiyeon was her name.  Day in, day out she had friends that enjoyed her company though they were secretly jealous just like everyone. She just never seemed angry or sad about anything it was quite strange. She was slightly robotic, some would say. However there was a guy in the crowd. Just an average all rounder guy; he was loved by teachers and peers. No one could hate him, just maybe his selfishness sometimes got out of hand.

Seungho thought that Jiyeon couldn’t always be happy. There would have to be reasons why she was simply just smiling like a bear every day. He looked through her smile, and in between her laughs and talks you could see the pain. The effort she had to use every day to smile and make sure no one would ask her what’s wrong was slowly wearing away.

SEUNGHO’S POV;

 I really wonder how she’s able to keep up with her smiles. It’s like she replays them everday. Does no one not understand the pain she goes through?

“My mum recently told me off for getting a B in maths,” Hyomin

“Really? Well my mum... I didn’t tell her yet,” Jiyeon frowned.

“How come?” asked Soyeon.

“I kinda feel asleep before she came home from work,” lied Jiyeon.

“Oh yeah, your mum comes home late,” Soyeon remembered.

“You can pull them grades back up,” smiled Soyeon towards Hyomin.

“I hope so,” Hyomin smiled.

JIYEON’S POV:

It’s amazing how much they don’t see through. I’m happy they don’t see through, I just wouldn’t know how to respond to them or how I should explain myself to them. Well I do tell them the truth just at times I hide it since it is a lot easier to hide. I look away from my friends for a moment. Class hasn’t started and now they are just talking about the maths questions in the exam. I really didn’t try , I couldn’t remember what to do.  I glance around hoping class would start but I meet eyes with the positive dude.

SEUNGHO’S POV;

I see her scanning the room. I wasn’t very far away from her group of friends. I didn’t mean to like eavesdrop on her conversation. It just kind of went into my ears.  I was thinking deep about this whole plastered girl, I knew though that I shouldn’t be caring about people’s business but I want to be able to understand her. She’s just so different to everyone else. My eyes unintentionally meet her glaze for a split second.

JIYEON’S POV:

He... His just staring at me... I can’t let the same things happen. Guy friends? What is the point of guy friends? They just push you away. They betray you in the end. They make you feel so loved and special and then they just leave like nothing happened.

The bell rang and informed the students that class had official started. All the students went to class and started their day. Today was the day that they will get results for their English test.

“Good Morning class, as you know your marks are all out today,” Miss Ahn told them once again.

Miss Ahn started handing out their tests papers. Everyone started talking. The class become a pandemonium and soon it was like a night market. Students were comparing marks. Some were happy with their marks. Some just rather keep quiet and not talk at all.

JIYEON’S POV:

Oh great. How am I suppose to bring this home? A high eighty, that’s not enough. It is never enough.

SEUNGHO’S POV;

She isn’t like the Jiyeon that was outside anymore. She looks gloomier and less happy now.

“Hey Jiyeon, what did you get?” asked Hyomin.

“You seem awfully quiet,” Soyeon mentioned.

“Me? I did as well as always,” Jiyeon faked smiled.

“Really? That’s good to hear,” smiled Soyeon.

“Let’s continue studying together again,” grinned Qri.

JIYEON’S POV:

Great. I’m not in the mood to study anymore though. The last time I brought home an A+ for science, my parents weren’t pleased. I gave up honestly, I grew tired of doing well. It’s just the same whether I do well or if I flunk it.

It was now history time. Since they had new teachers the seatings would be changed and assembled differently according to their teachers. Everyone quickly assembled and went to their following classes. School was always a bludge but for Jiyeon it was the most difficult task she had to do. It took her so much effort to get of bed and keep her smile out for everyone but slowly everyone was turning away from her.

“As you know class, I like to arrange your seating orders, I have already done so before hand so just go to a table and find your name,” informed Mrs Jun.

The class groaned at the mention of seating plans. Everyone had planned to seat together in groups and pairs. The class had 27 stud

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter